Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

Jack watched the sidewalk scroll beneath his feet. "Vivian, what do you want from life?" He tilted his head towards her, marveling he beauty.
Vivian Frances (played by CelestinaGrey)

Vivian was not expecting such a deep question. She thought this over for a few long moments. "I...am not quite sure. I want to live it, I suppose. I wish to be able to enjoy it, and live life as it was meant to be. Happily. With the ones you care for, while smiling kindly at the ones you don't." She smiled slightly. "I wish to live and be happy."

"That could be a reasonable answer." He looked on ahead at the streets. "What about love? " he said bluntly. " Every stort has love in it, what are your thoughts?" He knew how akward the question was.

Vivian's cheeks once more turned pink. "I believe in it. Everyone has someone they love eventually. There are many kinds of love. And while some people feel that there can be more than one romantic love for someone...I feel that there will always be a person who you love more than any other person."

She gave an embarrassed little giggle. "I'm sorry...I suppose I am a bit of a dreamer."

"No, it quite alright. We have similar concepts." By this time there was a slightbbreeze. Causing the leaves to rustle high in the trees.

Vivian's parasol was caught in the breeze unfortunately, tugged out of her hands suddenly since it was unexpected. "O-oh!" she exclaimed. She couldn't very well run after it, but at least it was not flying away quickly.

"Don't worry I will get it." Jack chased after the parasol, failing to grab it a cuople times, but finally got ahold of it. "I believe you dropped this." He coughed slightly before clearing his throat. In his condition he shouldn't be running all that much. He handed the parasol to her, " what do you say that we- he coughed a bit more- that we go get some tea?"

Vivian watched him chase after it, taking it back but closing it this time. "Thank you very much. I'm so sorry.." She looked at him worriedly as he coughed. It was unpleasant, so know she could do nothing to help. She would give a slight nod however and take his arm once more. "Of course. I would love to have some tea with you."

Silence reigned for a few moments, but then she spoke again. "Pardon my impudence, Mr. Terrance, but are you so sure that being in the military won't speed up the rate of your condition?"

"Yes it will, but going to battle will be the worse of the matter. Last time I spoke with a doctor, he had told me the disease had already eaten away 10% of my lung tissue." They walked to a small caffe and Jack ordered for them. Tgey sat outside on the chairs in front of the building.

Vivian listened. "...I see." she said softly. She would sit down with him and look around. It was difficult to decide what to speak on now. So, once again, she left the topic to him.

"Our regiment got word that we will be heading off to france next week to foght down there. Maybe I will write you some letters of what its like. Perhaps I will send some poetry as well."

Vivian nodded slightly. "It is a shame you have to leave so soon." When he mentioned writing her letters, she smiled. "I would like that. I would like that very much, Jack." She spoke his name, softly. The first time was always delicate. A man may get offended for being spoken to informally without giving the other permission first.

[Gottta go to bed, I'll post sometime tomorrow. Night!]

" May I be frank? You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on." He smiled. Jack wondered what she thought of him. A soldier who more than likely only had a few more years to live? (Night)

Vivian's face flushed pink at his words. He was frank indeed, but she didn't quite find it rude. She gave a soft, shy chuckle. "Well...thank you, Jack." She glanced up at him and smiled softly. "I believe....that you are the kindest heart I have met." Her hand rested 'pon the table, her other hand holding her cup of tea as it was served. "I am glad that I have met you."

"The regiment is hosting a ball before we leave to war. I was wondering if I could have the pleasure of bringing you? And of course your friends are invited also." Jack sipped his tea. "That taste much better than the tea we drank passing through Ireland... If that was tea." He smirked.

Vivian smiled warmly at the invitation. "I would love to accompany you, Jack." She giggled softly. "As for my friends, I have a feeling that your own companions will be asking them themselves." She would sip at her tea, raising a brow as he mentioned Ireland. "Oh goodness. Well I am glad the tea here tastes better." Another soft giggle was given.

"I do too." He laughed. "So do you need aquire a nice dress, Or do you already have one?" He drank some more finishing off the last swallows. "I'd be more than happy to take you to the stores."

Vivian chuckled softly. "I have a few nice dresses...but perhaps I should find something to match your own outfit, Jack?" She smiled at him and finished her tea as well. "Do you know what you will be wearing to the ball? If so, then we can simply go shopping for something that may match what you wear." She smiled at him. She wouldn't mind spending more time with him, either.

Jack stood up and walked around to help Vivian from her chair. "The soldiers have to wear their mandatory uniform. Perhaps we can find you something of a bright red or an elegant black? I'm sure you would look stunning either way." He smiled as she stood, he would then tuck in her seat.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus