Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Vivian Frances (played by CelestinaGrey)

Vivian chuckled softly, murmuring a soft thanks as she was helped from her chair. "Thank you, Jack. I'm sure we'll be able to find something." She would take his arm again and let him lead her away to the stores. She was rather excited for the ball now.
Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

He would take her to the finest of stores, letting her buy whatever she wanted if she asked. He had been having one of the best days he has ever had. He loved being around Vivian, she made him feel warm and happy, made him forget the constant ache in his chest.

Vivian was not like other women. She only bought what she felt was necessary for the ball. She was practical, but obliging enough to let herself indeed buy a few things to make the ball a wonderful experience. She was cheerful and talked with him of everything. She especially spoke of the weather, how the sun seemed to just lift her spirit on days like this.

As they made their way to her home, arm in arm again, Vivian felt her high spirit start to sink. "I wish there were more hours in the day." she said honestly. "I feel as if we have hardly spent any time together, even though it has been all day."

"Pity how the days seem that way. But the good news is, they only seem to spend at such a rapid rate because you are having fun. And I think that's the best reason." He smiled and looked to the sky, lit with purples, blues and oranges. "God that's beautiful."

Vivian smiled warmly and nodded. "Yes. It is indeed the best reason." She turned to face the sky as well, sighing happily. "Sunset and sunrise are my favorite times of the day. Nothing can ever match their beauty..." She leaned slightly against him, her eyes on the sunset.

He looked down at her " I don't know about that." A slight smile appeared on his face. His blue eyes reflecting the warm sky colors. He cleared his throat "Well, perhaps I should go. I have an appointment tommorrow." He didn't want to leave, and he hoped she had an excuse for him not to.

Vivian's cheeks turned a fairly bright pink as he mentioned the beauty of the sunset. "...I see..." She didn't want to be parted from him. Not yet. She wracked her brain for an excuse to keep him just a little bit longer, but she could not think of something. So she said the only thing that came to her mind.

"Stay with me for a few more minutes, Jack? Please, for me?"

He sighed "Oh alright, just for awhile longer." He looked towards her porch. He would then go sit on the second step and smile up at her. "When I'm with you, despite the fact I met you yesterday... Its seems as though my pain surrenders and my eyes see only beauty. "

Vivian walked over and sat down beside him, setting her closed parasol on her side that was opposite of him. She blushed at his kind words and smiled. "I am very glad that I can make your pain go away, Jack." She glanced at him. "I myself enjoy your company so much. My friends always complain to me because I am often alone when I enjoy nature...it is nice to have someone that enjoys it with me. I feel like I would rather spend time with you, however, than with nature."

Jack's hand reached over and closed around hers. "What a nice thing to say." He moved his hand up behind her head. He leaned kissing her forehead gently. He stood nodded and walked away.

Vivian smiled as her hand was taken by his. "It is the truth." she said simply. When her forehead was kissed by him, her cheeks blushed pink and her eyes closed. When he started to leave, she quickly stood. "Jack!" she called out. When he would look back at her, she would smile warmly at him. "Goodnight."

"Sleep well Vivian." He turned and headed back to the barracks.

"Well Mr. Terrance... the bad news is that your lung tissue has been eaten away even more. 30% of it is gone." Jack sat up in the bed "That much alreadt? By bloody hell." He swallowed hard. "Fred.. how much longer?" The doctor gave a grim face as gathered his equipment. "Hard to say Jack.. My best guess would be around 3-4 years.. I'm sorry."

Vivian had found out just where Jack had his appointment, and she would be waiting outside for him to come out. She was a schemer, she was. As soon as Jack stepped foot outside, a sunflower would be thrust at him. She was smiling brightly. "Did you know," she said warmly, "That sunflowers lean towards the sun?" She had, of course, held the flower so that it was leaning towards him.

"The proof is right here." She smiled gently.

Slightly caught off guard, he stepped back. He tried his best to smile, but in his eyes it was obvious that something indeed was wrong. He drew in a breath as the doctors words echoed in his head "Its nice to see you Vivia. How are things?"

(Pretend Vivia ended in an 'n')

Vivian had known the results would not be good. That was why she had come to try and cheer him up! She could see his eyes, though. Her attempt had not really worked. "Hmm...not so well. The sun isn't shining today." Well, that wasn't right. The sun was shining just fine that day. The weather was fair. But she wasn't talking about the weather.

The doctor walked out of the room behind Jack. He would rest his hand on Jack's shoulder. "Make the best of it Terrance." Then Jack would nod and the doctor would leave.

"The sun will always shine a bit brighter, as long as the moon still shows beauty." He looked towards her and sighed. "I guess you were pretty eager to show me that sunflower." He smirked.

Vivian glanced at the doctor, then focused back on Jack. She blushed a little bit and smiled at him. "The moon only reflects the light of the sun." she said simply. "The moon's beauty is nothing compared to that of the sun." She held the flower out for him to take.

"It was something that simply couldn't wait."

"I could certainly see that." He took the flower from her hand gently. "So what's on your mind today miss Frances?" They would proceed out of the small clinic and to the outside.

Vivian would walk along with him, correctly him politely. "Vivian." She smiled at him. "I would not mind if you addressed me as Vivian, Jack." She thought over his question. "The sun." she decided simply. "The sun is on my mind. I worry about it sometimes. When things get dark...I wonder sometimes if the sun is still shining."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus