Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

Wes looked at her "who Jack? He will be fine, don't fret about it." With that je walked into the restroom. Jack was wiping his mouth in front of the mirror. "How you doing Jack?" Looking back at Wes he nodded. "Fine, I'm alright." Wes walked towards him. " How 'bout we say farewell to our friends for the day. Besides, there is always other days Jack." Jack walked out of the bathrooms with Wes, like nothing was wrong.
Vivian Frances (played by CelestinaGrey)

Vivian normally would press the matter. She was concerned about him. But she knew better than to bruise a man's ego, and so she simply smiled at him. "Welcome back."

Jack smiled pleasantly and took her hand. "Well it was nice to make your aqquaintance miss Frances. But I believe I'm going to retire for the day." He leaned kissing her hand. "We should get together again sometime, I enjoyed the company." The others were saying their goodbyes as well.

Vivian smiled gently. "It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Terrance. And I would be delighted to see you again. I am sure if you and your friends come visit the town again that we will be able to enjoy each other's company soon." She would give his hand a gentle little squeeze in goodbye, and then let him part.

When Jack returned to his room in the barracks, he immediatly took his pen and journal in hand, writting the day's event. Afterwards he would fall asleep in his velvet chair. Wes entered later quietly and took hon place on the couch. They were out fairly late, and since they had a game tommorrow, they had to get their rest.

Vivian would stay a little longer with her friends, who giggled and gossiped over the men and mentioned how well Vivian and Jack looked together. Vivian simply chuckled and smiled, tolerating her companions and their jests.

The next day was sunny. It was a relief for Vivian, and she was taking the opportunity to take a walk and enjoy the sight of dew on the grass, her parasol lifted and balanced delicately over her shoulder.

All soldiers were in the mess hall, enjoying breakfast. "So Terrance, what did you think of last night?" Jack simply looked at Haplin. "It was nice, me and Vivian had some good conversations." Wes raised his eye brows "Oh, I know I did." Some others laughed.

Later on, Jack went out on his own. Trying to get some fresh air. He looked around at his surroundings. Noticing the birds and people.

Vivian was admiring the blossoms on a tree when she heard the sound of someone walking nearby. Head turned, eyes focused upon a familiar figure, and she smiled. "Good afternoon, Mr. Terrance." she called softly, giving him a slight wave.

"Ah, Miss Frances. What a pleasure." Jack smiled, "Didn't know you lived down this way." He looked to the sky "Beautiful day, don't you agree?"

Vivian turned her complete attention to the man, naturally. She pointed down the street, to one of the houses. "I do indeed. I live right in that house." She would smile at him, hand lowering as her gaze turned up to the sky. "Absolutely. It is a wonderful day." She took in a deep breath and let it out happily through her nose. "The fragrance of morning dew simply cannot be outdone."

"Yes, but I disagree. Nothing beats seeing a friendly face such as yours." He smiled walking up to her. "I hope I didn't seem rude last night for leaving like that."

Vivian's cheeks colored the slightest pink as he complimented her, and she smiled back at him. "Why thank you, Mr. Terrance." When he mentioned last night, she gave a little shake of her head. "Not at all, Mr. Terrance. You were not rude in the least." She hesitated for a moment, then decided to bring up the topic. "I understand it may not be my place, and if you do not wish to discuss it then by all means we can talk of something else. But...last night...were you well?" He had been coughing like that, and it had worried her.

"Please, just call me Jack." As she brought up the inncident he kind of stiffened. After some time he spoke, " No.. I'm not well... as the Americans say, I am a 'Lunger'." He looked at her seriously. "Tuberculosis." He sighed.

Vivian took in a sharp breath when he told her what was wrong with him. A hand lifted, touching his shoulder gently. "I'm sorry. And...I apologize. I should not have pried." She would take her hand away and focus on the blossoms in the tree. "Look. The trees have blossomed early this year. Aren't they beautiful?" she asked, her voice soft. "They do not last very long....but their beauty outshines any other."

"Vivian..." he interupted "not many people know about my illness.. I would like to keep it that way." He looked to the ground. "If the regiment found out, I would be relieved of duty." He focused back to her. "And I don't want that to happen."

Vivian listened to his request and nodded. "Yes. I understand. Do not worry, I will keep it a secret. I promise." She realized just then that he had called her Vivian. Her cheeks turned a soft pink as she noticed this.

He smiled. "Thank you." He held out his arm "How bout that walk I started earlier? Would you like to join me?" His face had a warm expression, a look that made him to truly look like the kind heartes man he was.

Vivian smiled gently and took his arm. "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea, thank you. I would love to join you." She would start walking with him, enjoying the beautiful weather. "If you do not mind my asking, Mr. Terrance...why did you decide to join the military?"

"Ever since I was diagnosed, I figured I would try and do something good before it was too late. And I heard that Wesley had been accepted, so I figured I would give it a shot as well. But I still yet to be on the battlefield."

Vivian had a feeling it was something like that. "Admirable." she said quietly. She walked with him, thinking thins over, and just letting the two have some peace. She would leave the next topic of conversation up to him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus