Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Vivian Frances (played by CelestinaGrey)

Vivian opened the door as it was knocked at. For a moment, she almost didn't recognize him. Mustache, goatee, and of course the eyepatch. But then she threw herself into his arms and held him tightly. "Jack." She was so happy that she almost started crying. When she was able to pry herself away, she had him come inside right away and would sit him down, getting some tea for both of them.

She was worried. He didn't look so well, and that eyepatch was bad news. But when she sat down with him and gave him his tea, she did not ask questions. She would let him tell the story on his own.
Jack Terrance (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

He sighed and slouched back in his chair, which he had never done before. He rubbed the back of his neck unsure what he wanted to talk about. After all it had been a year, followed by a month in the hospital. After a long silence though, he decided to speak. "It was nice the first two weeks.... But then the dangers grew.... First went Admundson, Then Jamesley." He bit his lip slightly looking around. "Jamesley died right in front of me. I remember holding his hand, the light faded in his eyes." His voice had grown shaky. "I have never seen a man so desperate to live."

Vivian put her hand on his arm. A small, probably unsuccessful attempt at comforting him. Her hand lifted, fingers brushing along his cheek. She put the tea away and simply drew him into her arms, letting his head lay on her shoulder. She could say no words of comfort. Nothing could truly take away the horrors of war from a soldier's mind. So she simply held him. And just told him one thing. "I am here." She was there for him. She was finally there for him, and she would be.

Jack simply just sat there as she cradled him. He took a deep breath. "Even though i see you, the pain remains in my chest, and as though my eye still wishes to see all the splendor that is you. But it cant, all it will ever see is a black void from now on."

Vivian tsked gently. "Nonsense." She pulled away, watching him carefully for a moment while she stood and backed up. "There. Now you see all of me." She smiled warmly and moved back to holding him again. "Just be glad, my dear Jack, that it was only one eye. You can still see. And now..." She chuckled slightly. "Now you see the world truly differently than everyone else."

He nodded. "How is the shop? did you finish setting it up?" He said, but he didnt look directly at her, his gaze seemed distant most of the time.

Vivian smiled gently at him. "Mmhmm. It is all set up. I was waiting to open it. I wanted to hear from you, and know you were alive." She brushed her fingers along his cheek. "I wanted to make sure that my sun was still shining." she murmured. "There are clouds...yes. But I can still see the rays of sunshine peeking through them."

She boldly leaned in, to press her lips against his in a soft, gentle kiss.

Jack smiled slightly after she kissed him. "Well, it will be nice to see what you have done with it. I was pretty happy for you when you told me about purchasing the lot."

Vivian nodded slightly and smiled. "Yes, I am excited to show you. But we can go later, after you have had time to rest and relax. Speaking of which, however, would you like to visit the garden?" It had seemed to have an effect on him last time, so she could only hope that things worked once more.

He sighed "Perhaps later." Jack straightened his outfit. "I bought a house out by the countryside. Well a little bit bigger than a house. Its beautiful, rolling green hills, flowers and horse stables." He looked at her "I have yet to buy the horses though."

Vivian gave a slight nod in understanding. She was concerned, secretly, that she no longer had the power to make him smile. But this worry was hidden deep inside, and she simply smiled warmly as he spoke of the house he bought. "It sounds wonderful. I'd love to come visit someday."

When he mentioned the horses, she giggled lightly. "Hm, I suppose horses are needed if you have horse stables."

He smiled "yes I suppose. I was thinking of getting some Dales, but I was recently talking to a farmer with some new Hackney foals. He suggested I go by and see them. Maybe you would like to go with me tomorrow?" He looked over at her, shifting slightly in his seat.

Vivian listened to him. "Some foals? I would love to come see them with you." She chuckled softly and smiled. "Foals are very cute. So young and innocent." She reached over and took his hand, holding it for a moment. "I'm glad you are back, Jack."

"Me too." He smiled lightly and stood up. " Well I better go see Westly, have to check on him." He thanked her for the tea and would then head to the door. "I will stop to pick you up tomorrow."

Vivian walked him to the door. "I look forward to seeing you, Jack." She pressed a parting kiss to his cheek, then would let him leave. This was a dilemma. His happiness seemed to be ever-fading. She just had to make sure that she could be there to fan the flames of his heart and make him cheerful again.

The next day would be overcast, but rays of sunlight managed to filter through the clouds. Jack had inherited Admundson's car after his passing. The putter of the engine could be heard as it pulled up to Vivian's house.

Vivian heard the car and went to the door, smiling. She would shut the door behind her and make her way to the vehicle. "Hello, Jack." she said warmly. It was so wonderful to see him two days in a row after being apart for so long.

He smiled "Hi." Jack opened the door for her. "Hop in." He was in a fairly good mood today, it was nice to see Vivian and he was excited to see the foals. Jack grew up with his grandfather being a farmer, so he enjoyed horses.

Vivian got into the car, smiling at him. "Thank you." She settled herself in the seat. "How are you today, Jack?" She would let him drive, watching the scenery pass.

"I feel fine. I'm rather excited to come out here with you to see the foals." The ride would take an hour to get to the farm, but the fresh air and landscape was worth it.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Off to war (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus