Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Your most unique, unpretty and uncommon characters

I've got a 4'8 Dorcas Gazelle with multiple scars a stutter and she suffers from PTS. Also have a very chubby, grumpy platypus with a bright orange afro and a hatred for the feline race. Perfidy!
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Oh man I love your guys' reactions on this thread. <3

I've something that will blow you all away with its sheer awesomesauceness though. XD Mind you, this is probably an M16+ rated description. Quote the post or copy/paste it into notepad if you want to read it. If you don't, ignore it.

Whoever said sex was for the young folks? This grandma had the spirit of a young woman and the experience reflecting an old geezer. 61 and still kicking, she'd resemble a strict school teacher if it wasn't for the leather getup and kinky toys at her belt. A thin, oval face had a set of deep brown eyes, a small nose and still somewhat full lips. Wrinkles marked the lines that appeared when she smiled or frowned and grey to white hair was tied back into a tight knot. Don't be fooled thinking she was physically as young as she acted; her skin sagged, her breasts were not perky and her bones became brittle. None of this stopped her doing what she did best though: she was a good Mistress and loved to give her subs a good home.
In Sanneland, 60 is the new 21!
Eirwyn

I find that more agitating than awesome, unfortunately. XD I mean, I appreciate the stance that an older woman can still be sexual, but it's just too... eh.
Probably Dhaun. It has a pretty enough face I suppose, but it's also a drider. And I play by first edition drider rules, so Horrid, Bloated, Genderless Neutered Thing. On the verge of insanity, and can barely talk. And, y'know, the obvious creepy spider parts.

Other than that, the only vampire I've ever played was sixty-something when he was bitten. He's badassly grumpy. Remi.

Neither of them have profiles on here, though. I don't RP Dhaun as much anymore, and the dream I RPed Remi in shut down a year back. Sad.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Eirwyn wrote:
I find that more agitating than awesome, unfortunately. XD I mean, I appreciate the stance that an older woman can still be sexual, but it's just too... eh.

Haha, that's fine! But I've had some fun random RPs with her so far, and it's interesting exploring the mind of an older woman in those settings. I mostly only see old men as someone posted before, and that somehow seems much more acceptable than seeing an older woman... which I find amusing, because it really boils down to stereotypes of older men still being 'strong, handsome and experienced' and older women being 'senile, fragile ugly old hags'.

Just trying to rock some boats here and shake people up in the hopes that I might see more older ladies around who don't have the perfect perky bodies of an 18 year old.
Eirwyn

It's other things that bother me. I love that she's old. XD
Dragonfire Moderator

Hah. That's pretty nifty, Sanne. Certainly out of the norm for the sort of setting you'd see that character in. XD We get the 'old' fifty-or-sixty-year-odd playboys and merchants - why not agéd ladies? Variety is the spice of life! :D
I won't lie, my ugliest character is probably Bryan, who's by no means hideous. She is, however, a total twig and a parent-murdering bitch who sold her siblings into slavery, bought her way into the priesthood, killed her way to head priestess, and uses her power as head priestess to further her own agenda of accumulating wealth and hot young slaveboys, so... what she lacks in outer beauty, she makes up for in inner evil!

I do have Bombshell, my overweight superhero. She's a member of MISS - Mildly Interesting Super Squad - which also includes a ninja with a massive inferiority complex, a superficial teenager boy with DID, a middle-aged mother of three, said mother of three's slightly overweight middle-aged husband, and a mentally retarded catgirl. The whole point of making Bombshell was to show that fat does not equal ugly, though, so she's really quite pretty and has a number of fans.

As for ethnic minorities, I tend to go more for fantastic racism- not surprising, since human characters make up maybe 10% of my character roster, and I like exploring how inserting a new variable changes the equation- if colonial Americans used native elves and Fae as slave labor instead of shipping slaves all the way from Africa, what does that do to modern-day racial dynamics? How would the removal of the booming slave trade with Africa affect the economy and the way America grew? What would it do to the African countries that thrived on slave trade? With elves being clearly nonhuman, there's doubt there would be a slavery issue, which might well change the face of the American Civil War, and that's not even getting into what elf and Fae magic might do to the advance of technology.

Although I do realize my high elves are pale and my woods elves are dark-skinned, which is a bit of a shout-out to traditional racism, since high elf slaves are generally treated better than woods elf slaves. ^^;
hadesdecharon

I don't have sheets for any of these characters because they're all retired/relegated to other purposes, buuuuuut:

I once had an author living in the nineteenth century who was aged by stress, grossly overweight, participated in questionable sexual practices, and desperately hoped his next novel would make it big. It never did and I'm pretty sure he died of a heart attack misbehaving with a young pupil. Up the street from him, I briefly played an old, used-up prostitute with syphilis who I enjoyed siccing upon unsuspecting young men. There was also a young boy I played with buckteeth whose face was blown off by a Prussian shell, with a penchant for telling perfidious lies and tall tales.

I've had way too much fun with everything from alcoholic pedophiles (two of them!) to racist, homophobic, closeted queers (the latter of which was one of my favorites). When I was younger, I enjoyed creating increasingly twisted characters for shock value... but eventually ran out of steam and am now currently attempting to perfect "normal" characters--y'know, the balanced sort that want to settle down with a wife and kid instead of pickling neighbors in the basement.

Appearance is often hit-and-miss with me. Some people don't pay attention to looks in text-based games, so I compensate with outrageous misdeeds and deplorable behavioral quirks so they "seem" ugly.
My character on here while physically not ugly, he has a good heart but his personality leaves much to be desired. So he is ugly in the since i would punch him in the face if i met him.
hadesdecharon wrote:
I've had way too much fun with everything from alcoholic pedophiles (two of them!) to racist, homophobic, closeted queers (the latter of which was one of my favorites). When I was younger, I enjoyed creating increasingly twisted characters for shock value... but eventually ran out of steam and am now currently attempting to perfect "normal" characters--y'know, the balanced sort that want to settle down with a wife and kid instead of pickling neighbors in the basement.

......Where does You Know Who fit into that? xP i see him leaning more towards the pickling than the wife and kid!
Sanne wrote:
Oh man I love your guys' reactions on this thread. <3

I've something that will blow you all away with its sheer awesomesauceness though. XD Mind you, this is probably an M16+ rated description. Quote the post or copy/paste it into notepad if you want to read it. If you don't, ignore it.

Whoever said sex was for the young folks? This grandma had the spirit of a young woman and the experience reflecting an old geezer. 61 and still kicking, she'd resemble a strict school teacher if it wasn't for the leather getup and kinky toys at her belt. A thin, oval face had a set of deep brown eyes, a small nose and still somewhat full lips. Wrinkles marked the lines that appeared when she smiled or frowned and grey to white hair was tied back into a tight knot. Don't be fooled thinking she was physically as young as she acted; her skin sagged, her breasts were not perky and her bones became brittle. None of this stopped her doing what she did best though: she was a good Mistress and loved to give her subs a good home.

That is just absolute win.
I have four I think how would count for this.

Ysak Kolbjorn- a meaned(DnD Race) who's just past his "youthful years of youth." He's well built, a warrior of considerable skill, but he's not an atractive man. He's rather gaunt and a bit disproprtioned. He always looks a bit greesy and if he smiled his face would probably split in too. He's got a wonderful personality though- all protective and father-y

Asphasia (many title here)- she's a human in her late 40's. She's a powerful woman and a training master, but she is covered in scares, has an almost perminant scowl on her face, and don't come through with a sparkling personality. Coolest part about her- metal limbs. She had her real limbs torn off so that "when she punched someone, they stayed punched."

Maverik- Medium sized, covered in nicks an cuts and mud, her hair looks like it's never seen a brush (well actualy...) she's a human woman, late twenties who was raised by wolves, attemped to be worked back into society, regected it and went back to the forest. She just not pretty, nor striking. Her personality can be endering if you can like forest girls, but for the most part she doesn't like people and is not hospitible.

Kaileigh Wray- Hogwarts OOC (NOT HARRY POTTER ERA KTHXBAI) of mine. She is a student, but she looks as though someone went into a bag of body parts, found bits with the same skin tone and stuck them togeather. She has weight on her, but she is rather unatractive and has almost no social skills. Shes a perfectionist though and has absolute genious on her side.

There is also Geof- only he's attractive. He's just really really broken and there for has a lovely interest in breaking others the same way- usualy the people he's stalked for six months and fallen in love with.
Ohjeez, I totally forgot one of my favourite characters of all time. CAPTAIN ZASAR. Who is tall and imposing, with "huge, gorilla-ish arms that are far too long for his body"; also, a broken nose, chipped teeth, and a GLORIOUS purple hat with a huge bent feather on it. And he's so tan he's practically leather.

He kicks some ass and takes some names. A pirate forced into retirement when an Evil Force takes over this city and keeps everyone/thing within it. He already tried to leave with his ship once. Didn't end well. He ends up befriending a nanny with a part-time job as a dominatrix.
AJ_89 wrote:
[...] a nanny with a part-time job as a dominatrix.

BEST NANNY EVER!
Nefferduat wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:
[...] a nanny with a part-time job as a dominatrix.

BEST NANNY EVER!
MY EXACT THOUGHTS. They hit it off. I miss that RP.
Love some of the characters you guys have described. I gave it some thought though. How many novel characters have you read about that are as extreme as (most) of these are? Yet for me I still deeply enjoy getting to know them throughout the books. They don't necessarily have over the top looks, beautiful or ugly. They aren't super powered or a total pansy. There is something to be said about being able to relate to a character. Half of the people I RP with I don't find their character endearing or memorable simply because they are so bizarre that I don't store the information away, it gets kicked to the 'lolwhut?' pile.

I focus less on the looks of my character and more their personality. I try to give them a style and quirks, whether its the way they talk, walk or handle themselves. I think its aspects like that that make a character less mary-sue and more unique. Characters that are off the wall are almost just as cliche as the ones that are pretty princesses. Maybe its just me.
Birdie- Have you by chance read the Elenium saga by David Eddings? If you like fantasy, you might like the main character. And, judging from your posts in another thread, his queen. David Eddings has a flair for very solid, real characters that almost made the Dreamers saga bearable. Which is saying something. We really don't like talking about the Dreamers saga. >.>
The edit and quote buttons are too close together. >.<

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Your most unique, unpretty and uncommon characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus