Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Unusuals

Lilith Etoile (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Luc listened to her, nodding slightly. "Well both genders of the species are rather beautiful, so I am not surprised, either way." As she turned the question back on him, the creature gave a sheepish smile and raised his hand up to rub the back of his neck. "Ah...well my answer is not near so exciting as yours, I'm afraid. I have none. The first thing I remember is waking up alone as a young creature, in a snowy mountain just like this. I am not sure exactly what I am, or who I came from. Or what, even. I could have potentially hatched out of an egg for all I know. But that is my earliest memory."
Cerridwen Bast (played by Pineapple)

Would shrug her shoulders, "Beautiful...I guess to the untrained eye." and sigh softly. Moving her feet in the waters. She perked a brow when he referred to her life as exciting, she didn't say anything, but exciting was a nicer way to describe it. She would arch a brow to him, "Oh...well I see." she began twisting strands of her primrose colored hair around her fingers. "No one ever...took care of you?" she though his past sounded more eventful than hers, for at least she had her father.

Lucard shook his head. "I had to fend for myself. Any beings I met were scared off by my appearance, so I naturally assumed that I was not like the usual creatures of this world. If I was the only one of my kind that I could find, then there was no one who could suitably take care of me. So I simply took care of myself."

"Of course," he continued, "That's not to say I didn't have a little help every once in a while. I often stayed in the rafters and belfries of churches. And the priests there were actually quite accepting of me. They would bring me food and books and talk with me. It is ironic how most people call me a monster, and yet those most-opposed to such creatures are the very ones who helped me become who I am."

Seemed to nearly pout as he shook his head, but she didn't interrupt him. She just listened quietly her one hand beginning to trail around on the rocks beside her. Her fingers tips tracing along the the cracks, dips and bumps of them, occasionally dipping her fingers into the water. When he had finished she was smiling again, "Well at least they were good to you..." she shakes her head, "And perhaps that they realize that true monsters...lurk inside of a person, not lying on the exterior." She sighs a bit and shook her head a moment.

"Your question friend."

Lucard listened to her carefully. "Yes...I suppose that is indeed the case. I am glad at least someone sees it." When she mentioned the question, he blinked at her. "Ah, so it is.. Well then. I have asked of family, so I suppose I shall ask next of spouses. Any significant others?" He was following typical knowledge; family, spouses, she had already told him where she was from sort of. But he could always ask her to elaborate on that.

Cerri nodded a bit. She drew her feet out of the water, and turned so she could rest them on the rock beside her. She watched Lucard talk silently, her hands now resting on her skirt. She smiled a bit to the question.

"Eh....well...." she started and paused trying to pick her words carefully. Cerri had experienced the feeling of fancying someone, but as for the love aspects it truly confused her. She understood what it was supposed to be, and what she has heard it feels like, but she still can't completely grasp it due to her fae nature. "I..have had companions in the past..." she sighed a bit, still not exactly sure what to say. Finally she broke down and just spilled the beans. "I don't understand it...."

Lucard listened to her and nodded, and when she spilled the beans he just ended up laughing softly. "It is perfectly alright. Love is quite the difficult concept to grasp. I do not believe anyone truly understands it." He thought over this all carefully, then simply shrugged. "I do not believe I can explain it, either. It is just simply what happens. But I am in the mindset that when you are in love, you will know it. You are supposed to feel that way about one person more than anyone else. No one else is supposed to make you feel like that person does."

[sorry it's taken so long, had unexpected company 2 nights in a row :D lol getting caught up now]

Cerri's face had a slight blush after her out burst. and a brow perked when Lucard laughed at her. Obviously she didn't find it very funny, however she remained silent while he spoke. When he finished she sighed softly "yes that's what I've heard...." and she shrugged her shoulders causing her wings to flutter slightly.

"What about you Lucard?"

[Nooo problem :) ]

Lucard smiled at her comfortingly. "Don't worry. You're not alone in that aspect." When she turned the question on him, he shook his head. "Never loved. I've really had no romantic or intimate relations with anyone." he stated simply. He gave a slight shrug and would settle a bit deeper into the water. It felt quite nice.

Cerri nodded a bit in response to his first words, then as he shook his head she smiled a bit, "Lucky you. I have...and it didn't really end well." She sighed softly, "The day I tried to with draw from it, his elder brother showed up...." she shrugged her shoulders, "and he gracelessly advised me to stay away from mortals as you fae are a destructive, and unfeeling race." she was quoting the elder brother.

"For the most part I have done just that...." she shrugged her shoulders again and turned her gaze on him, "Your question."

Lucard scoffed softly as she quoted the elder brother. "I think he was the unfeeling and destructive one." Though the fact was turned on him that it was his turn for a question, and he grew quiet in thought. "Hmm..." He sat in silence for a few moments, then finally spoke.

"This one is perhaps a bit...deep. If you could have one thing. Material, immeterial, either. What would it be?"

Cerri shrugged her shoulders, "funny thing...I rather think the same...I just never thought that would apply to myself..." rather honest words coming from her, she shifted gathering her skirt around her knees and then put her feet and lower calves back into the water once more. She was silent whilst Lucard thought to himself. When her finally spoke her brows flared. Indeed that was a rather deep question. She was silent while she thought, her face a mask of thought.

Finally she sighed, "Well hmmmmm...to not have to return to the their realm because it is required required of me."

Lucard gave her all the time she needed to think. He was in no rush, after all. When she finally gave him her answer, he nodded slightly. "You would rather go back on your own will, if you wanted to go back at all, then." He 'hrm'ed softly. "That must be unfortunate. To be required to return." He just nodded slightly to himself and then lifted himself out of the water to sit on the rocky edge for now, his feet still in the water.

"Your turn."

Cerri nodded her head, "Yes. I slip away when I can, and am usually back before I'm missed...but if I wasn't they'd come looking. That's the gist of it." obviously there was a bit more to the story there. She watched him lift himself from the waters, as her feet swung with in the water. "Hmmmm...." she said as he said your turn.

"what do you like to do aside from travel the quieter places in the world?"

Lucard listened to her as she spoke and nodded. "I see. That is rather a shame." He didn't have to think long about her question. He smiled at her and answered promptly. "Read. Study. I enjoy those things very much." He considered a few things, then spoke again.

"Alright...What is your favorite thing to do?"

Cerri tilted her to one side as he spoke, then answered her question. With a laugh she grinned to him, "Well that took no time at all." when he posed his question she laughed again. "Simple...visit with my father and my friend in this realm."

She drew her feet from the waters and stretched, her wings fluttering slightly as she did so. "I haven't made too many of those in their realm...so I prefer to come here as often as I can."

Lucard chuckled and nodded. "Yes...I know my hobbies." He listened to her and smiled. "Well it is good that you have at least one. And now you have another, as well. Making friends isn't terribly hard. You simply have to work a little at it." He shifted a little bit and stretched his wings for a moment. "Well, it's your turn for a question."

Cerri would grin a bit as she shook her feet off a bit then slipped them into her boots, not getting ready to leave or anything. Just putting them back on. She nodded with a little smile, "Yes, I have a few around." she smiled a bit, "And it's not so hard to work at it, especially when I can be myself." obviously this was meant literally. She found making friends easier when she was not cloaked glamour.

She nodded as he told her it was now her turn, "Hmmm...." she would perk one brow in thought, "What to ask....Well how about the question you posed me earlier." She nodded her head, some of the primrose colored hair bouncing as she nodded. "If you could have one thing...what would it be?" She tilted her head to once side looking much like a bird as she did so.

"Indeed. Though it's difficult for me to make friends in my own form, I don't see why you would have problems with yours." He would watch her curiously. All her habits and mannerisms were quite interesting. The question that was posed earned a long silence. Finally, though, he would answer. It was not an answer he liked giving, because he preferred people to think that he was fine with what he was.

"To be human."

Sighed ever so softly as his reply was given and the then drew her legs up and rested her arms on her knees. Then she leaned her head on her arms as she watched him. She was respectfully silent as he thought quietly, a rather personal question in all honestly and hardly something to prod about. When he answered her she perked her brows, "A very honest answer." was all she could say at this moment.

She looked away from Lucard and to the steamy waters, She was silent again for a few moments. "Their lives are so short and rather fragile." she murmured softly, she was speaking from the point of view of a Fae, beings eternal. She herself had a rather long life a head a hear, her human blood likely killed the chance of being eternal. However she likely live a long time. She looked back to him and sighed, "I am 32 human years....my father is old, gnarled and wizened looking... but I can so clearly remember him being a young man..." she shakes her head...to me it seems he is suddenly very old...."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Unusuals

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus