Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Unusuals

Cerridwen Bast (played by Pineapple)

(okay, I've been thinking on it. I haven't forgotten just thinking of a direction XD. I'll post shortly)
Lilith Etoile (played anonymously) Topic Starter

No problem <3 If you can't think of anything, I can do stuff :3)

((kk cool, prepare for quick post))

"I suppose your right there." she murmured and perked a brow, "Actually you're likely more than right. If I were to take human form, chances are the humans will take me for a damsel in distress, and you some brute." she made a scoffing laugh she hadn't seen a single shred of evidence that even remotely suggested that Lucard was anything but friendly. "It's best I remain like this."

She followed him not sure if she should be silent or not.

Lucard chuckled a bit and smiled. "Indeed, I am quite bruteish." he teased. He would get back to the task at hand, though. Worrying about what was nearby. He sniffed a bit and growled softly. He walked along with her, and soon they came across a clearing. "Damn. I knew it." he mumbled. It was a group of slavers. There were children and girls chained up nearby, and the slavers were laughing and talking amongst each other.

Lucard walked right into the clearing, making the slaves scream and the slavers turn. Lucard lifted one slaver and tossed him completely across the clearing. Then he let out a loud, vicious roar. One slaver came at him with a sword while the other went to try and escape with the slaves.

Cerri was rather glad that she had decided to keep quiet, for it hardly would have been good for a group like this to know they were coming. As soon as she spotted the group her differently colored eyes narrowed, she strongly disliked slavers. Having had a few unpleasant encounters in the past, her opinion being fairly enforced by that. After Lucard had mumbled a curse, she looked to him. "You deal with them, I'll work on getting the girls and children freed." her voice dripping with disdain, and it seemed that the air around them was responding to her irritation. The wind was beginning to pick up, starting as a gentle nuisance. By the time Lucard had tossed the first slaver into the air the wind was gusting, sending the man flying further than he should have.

Cerri was into the clearing shortly after Lucard, the slaves were scared of the demon, were confused by her presence. She headed right for them, "we're going to get you out of here." she said loudly over the wind, and she began looking for the keys.

Lucard was obviously a hater of slavers. This was a side of him that Cerridwen had never seen before. He was growling, shoving aside swords and slamming his fists into the slavers bodies. He was completely oblivious to Cerridwen and the other slaves at the moment. He simply fought against the slavers. Blood was spilled on both sides, but Lucard didn't seem to notice, or at least care, about his injuries. The men were slammed around until each lay still on the ground.

Lucard stood there, out of breath, blood dripping down his arm and chest. He growled softly, but soon the noise stopped and he lifted his hand, running it through his hair. He didn't move after that. He knew he had to stay still until Cerridwen got the slaves away, or they would panic again.

Cerri was trying not to look at Lucard at the moment, she wasn't sure if she was ready to see him act as he looked. Like a monster. Quickly she gave up the search for the keys to the locks that restrained the slaves, instead she coaxed the earth below her feet to aid her. Soon the ground trembled slightly and tree roots lifted from under the earth, the smaller roots snaking into the locks and breaking them open. Within a few mear breaths the slaves were freed, the winds that had been blowing were beginning to die down, and the tree roots were beginning to burrow back under ground.

"Go, find some where safe." she said to the slaves as she glanced to Lucard, "He will not harm you." she was obviously referring to Lucard, as the slaves were giving him white eyed looks.

Lucard could practically feel the fear coming off of them. He sat down where he was, amidst the slavers bodies, and just stayed very still and very quiet. When the slaves fled the area, he stayed like this for a few minutes longer, putting his head in his hands. He had not wanted Cerridwen to see that part of him. And then...a drop hit him. First one, then another, and then the water rained down on them. How oddly fitting, he felt, that it should rain while his mood was so somber.

Still, he remembered his words earlier. He did not look at Cerridwen at all, but he stood up and lumbered over to her. One wing fanned out, lifting over her head and shielding her from the downpour. He had his head turned away from her. At least the rain was washing away the blood from his injuries.

Watched the slaves disappear, she could practically see the fear and slight bewilderment coming from them. Then she turned her eyes to Lucard, she wasn't frowning or upset looking, her face was nearly expressionless. "Lucard...." she murmured softly. Cerri could tell he felt upset, she was about to say something when a couple of drops hit her shoulders. She looked up to the sky, it was beginning to rain.

As she turned her gaze back to normal height, Lucard was lumbering over. As he held his wing over her but avoided her gaze, she would lightly place a hand on him avoiding the blood. "Did they hurt you?" her voice was full of concern.

Lucard responded simply. "Flesh wounds. Nothing more." He lifted his clawed hand up to touch his bleeding wounds. "I will be alright. Were you hurt?" That was more important anyways. He had to make sure she was safe. Even if he had just proved he was what he told her; a monster. Lucard was sensitive to these things, unfortunately. He always did his best to just work with what he could. But sometimes, he was scared. Scared that he would frighten away the friends he made. Cerridwen was the first friend he had that would not die before he did. He did not want to scare her off.

To his words the young fae shook her head, "No, they were more concerned about you. I don't even think the slavers had seen me. So don't worry about me." She could tell from the way he stood and his answers that he was worried a bit. As for why she didn't exactly know but she figured it had something to do with what had happened. "Come, I think you need to get cleaned up." She put her hand on his arm and began to lead him from the small battle ground, "I think I heard a stream some where close when we first entered the forest."

Lucard listened to her and nodded. That was a relief at least. He made his way along with her, leaving the bodies for the local forest predators to feast on. "Do you think the others will find somewhere safe?" he asked softly. Perhaps he should have sent Cerridwen with them to make sure they reached a village safely. Once they got to the stream, the being flopped onto his rear and groaned, rubbing the gashes on his chest. It just wasn't his day.

Truthfully the fae didn't know. "I'm sure they will." she said to reassure the both of them, she wasn't nearly as worried about the humans as she was her companion. As he flopped down on the ground near the stream she drew what appeared a green piece of cloth, a handkerchief of course. As he was groaning and grumbling she stepped to the water's edge and dipped the cloth into the water. Sure it was still raining, but rain water wasn't enough to wash away blood from wounds.

After wringing the cloth out of excess water she turned her eyes back on Lucard, "May I?" she was over the initial shock of what had happened. Now she knew he was far from kidding about his dark side, but she also knew, or at least she hoped, that it wouldn't be turned upon her. She stooped down into a crouch beside him, and tucked her hair away from her face.

Lucard nodded as she requested permission to aid him. He stayed quiet for a time as she tended to his wounds, wincing on occasion. But, at last, he spoke. "...I'm sorry, Cerridwen." He reached up to put a very gentle hand upon her head. "I didn't mean to scare you." The hand was pulled away and settled by his side, and he looked down at his wounds.

"They'll heal in time. Don't fret too much about them."

After Lucard had nodded the fae began to gently wipe the blood and any dirt that had clung around the wounds. She was very gentle, even thought she doubted she could do anything physical to hurt him. When she felt the weight of his hand on top of her head her eyes flickered up to his face, "It's alright, I wasn't overly scared..." she smiled gently, "Just a switch from lying among the flowers, or lounging in hot water." As his hand moved away she got up and rinsed the cloth in the stream, again wringing out excess water.

After one more pass with the cloth she looked up to him, "There...they don't seem so bad now that they're clean." she smiled gently and moved over to the stream one last time to rinse the blood form the handkerchief.

Lucard nodded. "It is indeed a change. I cannot help it, though. Slavers...well, they obviously strike a nerve with me." He had never been (successfully) enslaved himself, but he found slavers dispicable. Too many times, he'd seen the happenings of such things. "I didn't even know what was happening until it was already going on." he said with a sigh. "Such injustice...but am I really any better, murdering them?"

When she finished washing his wounds, he gave a slight nod. "Thank you.."

Cerri frowned slightly, "As they should. Any decent person wouldn't be okay with what they do." she wrung the last of the water from her handkerchief and stuff it back into the pocket of her skirt. It didn't matter that it was damp, it was raining anyway. When he friend started to talk as if here were down on himself, the fae shook her head and moved back beside him.

As she sunk to the ground next to him she sighed softly, "My Da told me something once that I think would be helpful to you." she looked up at him, "He said...evil never worries about being good." she wondered if he would gain the message from the words, or if she would have to explain it as her father had to do with her

Lucard listened to her carefully as she spoke, and he chuckled. "...yes, I suppose that is true. Your Da is a very smart person." He smiled a little bit. "Thank you, Cerridwen." He lifted his wing once more to cover her, protecting her from the rain. "Shall we go find shelter?"

The fae's smile broadened as it appeared to her that Lucard had understood the meaning. "My Da is a good man." she nodded her head a moment, and sighing a little. On one of these excursions from the Fae realm she would have to go visit him, she missed him. The reason she hadn't gone before now is it slightly bothered her to see that he was getting old.

"Sure." The smile returned to her face as his voice brought her from her thoughts. "Think there's a cave or a even a willow around?"

Lucard chuckled softly and shrugged. "It can't hurt to look. Come." He would keep her under his wing and walk along with her until they came to a large, beautiful willow tree that had a thick shield from the rain. He hurried her under there and then came in himself, smiling slightly. "I guess this isn't what you had in mind when you came to see me."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Unusuals

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus