Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What do you want for Christmas?

Since I hadn't seen this thread pop up yet, I thought I'd go ahead and get the boat capsized:

What do ya'll want for christmas/the holidays?

I already have most of what I want - my friends - but I would like some money to fix my car a little bit, but that's about it. Thinking of gifts is such a pain for me these days because I never really WANT anything, and my birthday is on January 15th (23 this time).

But what aboot you guys, eh?

Mods/Kim: If this topic has already been posted, feel free to either lock of delete this. I made sure to check the first page, but didn't check any others. Thanks.
Kim Site Admin

I don't think it's been posted before, so no worries!

I'm often in this same boat when people ask me about gifts. The things I most want tend to relate to projects I'm working on, and then it's things like "I wish feature XYZ was complete, because it would be so cool to see in action." Which no one can really box up for me. Alas! :(

Actually, now that I'm really thinking about it, maybe this year when I get this question I'll say gift cards for fabric stores. Then I can make whatever crazy costumes I want without worrying about diverting money from other budgets. Huzzah costumery!
Claine Moderator

All I want for Christmas, is you <3
Yuka

I hate this question XD No lie, every year so far I end up just saying 'money'. But I'll give it a try!

- A Thracian helmet and sword for re-enacting
... and, well, money I guess, haha.
Bonebag Topic Starter

disducibus wrote:
I hate this question XD No lie, every year so far I end up just saying 'money'.

Nothing wrong with that , I'm probably doing the same.
Kim, Dark Empress of the Timespace wrote:
I wish feature XYZ was finished so I could complete my dream of tearing the known space-time continuum apart.

That's the spirit! If you wish hard enough and work for it, everything will come true.
Claine wrote:
All I want for christmas is cake.

That, too, is a good wish.

Keep it up, everybody, I like what I'm seeing out of you so far. At this rate, we'll lure out Santa Claws in no time, and then we can complete our goal of stealing his power for our own.
All i want for Christmas is my two front teeth...*record screech noise thing*

Nah seriously. Every year I get asked this I say the same thing. 'Not a dang thing.' This statement has especially held true the last two years as I've had all I could want. A caring, if dysfunctional at times, family, roof over my head, food in my gut and waking up breathing every morning. The favorite thing I got is my beautiful little girl. She's worked some magic for this old man. Made me realize just how happy I can be and so forth. And everytime I start to get angry about something I just think of her and calm down almost instantly. So...I guess if I had to ask for anything for Christmas, it would probally be a woman in my life who would be willing to call her their daughter and what not...but I don't think Santa can bring me that. Heh.
Sanne Moderator

An inkling. ;_;
Darth_Angelus Moderator

What do I want for Christmas?

I like surprises (the good ones) but I'm also difficult to buy for so people usually ask what I want and I know exactly what to expect. Bah!

However, the things I really want can't be wrapped up and given as presents.
I know I'm getting money for Christmas for my laptop fund, and I know I'm getting a china doll to add to my collection.

But something I want would be the new Zelda game. Unfortunately, I know I'm not getting it >.< It's too expensive for my poor family xD

I have requested though (but don't know if I'm getting), an alpaca-fur teddybear.

Those things are so soft. Seriously. Omg.
darth_angelus wrote:

*puts a bow on Kim*

There we go! :D
I already Know what I'm getting for christmas which is A penguin suit, Berserk manga, wrist braces for my carpel tunnel, chop sticks and pani poni dash complete series. What I'd really like to have though is the Intel I5 2500k processor so I can build my computer, but alas thats 200$. I'll be able to afford it in about maybe 2 or 3 paychecks from now T_T
I rarely bother with this question. My family isn't exactly financially well off so we don't really bother with gift giving, we just all do a dinner together and call it good. Heck, up until this year, it had been a good four years or so since the last time we'd even bothered putting up a tree at the farm.

Really, if I had to ask for anything in terms of gifts, it'd be cash. I'd really like an Xbox of my own (and a TV to play it on, if at all possible) and I'm very slowly saving up for it. Seriously, I have a coin jar sitting on my desk here at home where all my loose change goes every day. I'm trying to get some freelance design work done to build up on the fund, but my Photoshop and Illustrator are currently unavailable while my laptop is having issues so I don't have much to work with.
disducibus wrote:
I hate this question XD No lie, every year so far I end up just saying 'money'. But I'll give it a try!

- A Thracian helmet and sword for re-enacting
... and, well, money I guess, haha.

*laughs*

My answere would be similar -> ART!

But yea, ... *ponders hard* a few others things i could come up with are not suitable for that thread, or would let me look sentimental ;)
darth_angelus wrote:
What do I want for Christmas?

I like surprises (the good ones) but I'm also difficult to buy for so people usually ask what I want and I know exactly what to expect. Bah!

Writes: "Coupon for world-peace." on a piece of paper and wraps it up as a present.

Edit: I'm sure you could wrap anything up for christmas :)
Bonebag Topic Starter

reeno-alchemist wrote:
I already Know what I'm getting for christmas which is A penguin suit, Berserk manga, wrist braces for my carpel tunnel, chop sticks and pani poni dash complete series. What I'd really like to have though is the Intel I5 2500k processor so I can build my computer, but alas thats 200$. I'll be able to afford it in about maybe 2 or 3 paychecks from now T_T
A core i3 can do just as much in the real world (on-paper stats only go so far) and if you get one of the older ones (any of them besides the one that just came out, the Sandy Bridge cores I think they're called), you can overclock them. The new i3 can't be overclocked, but there is word that an overclockable K-series one will come out soon. Pair that with the z68 chipset that just came out and you've got a fast cookie.

That's right, I just went all I.T. guy up in this radio edit.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
*puts a bow on Kim*

There we go! :D

Best Christmas ever! :D
Jane wrote:
I'm sure you could wrap anything up for christmas :)

Thanks but I'm afraid I'm like Kim in that most of the things I want are aspects of my projects to be complete so I can get to the really fun parts :)

I'm difficult to buy for ;)
Bonebag Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:

The Deathstar and the personal tutelage of the Emperor.
Bonebag wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:

The Deathstar and the personal tutelage of the Emperor.
A fully functioning red lightsaber and your own Star Destroyer (Far more maneuverable than the Deathstar)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I have all those things ;)
darth_angelus wrote:
I have all those things ;)
Then enough stickers to properly stickerbomb your Deathstar.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What do you want for Christmas?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus