Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hiya, I'm New!

Hi everyone! I've been slowly looking through this fantastic place, but it sure is a lot to take in. My friend introduced me to this site, and now a few of my game group have joined. I haven't done text-based RP in quite some time, but it was one of my favorite ways to RP. In the past few years my fiance has introduced me to all sorts of tabletop RPG systems (with World of Darkness being my favorite).

I'm a little overwhelmed trying to find a group to join or someone to RP with. There's so much going on all over the place. The one group that looks super interesting to me has so much back history to read it scares me. XD

I would love to find an RP or two to get involved in. I can't take on too much all at once since I'll be going back to school in the summer and I have a day job on top of doing freelance illustrations on the side. But I like to keep myself busy and my mind flowing with creative juices. I definitely prefer fantasy, supernatural, and sci-fi type role-plays. I do enjoy horror, mystery, and young adult stories. Adventure and puzzle-solving is fun, but I get a little bored if there is constant fighting. I really love character development and interesting story development. I thoroughly enjoy apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stories. I am perfectly amenable to a regular human or a super-powered being; they both have fun sides.

RP worlds I would be interested in:
World of Darkness (Werewolf, Vampire, Hunter, Changling) - Werewolf is my favorite
Scion
Exalted
Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, or other high fantasy type games (no Lord of the Rings)
Star Wars or other pure sci-fi is a possibility, but I feel I know less about these worlds than I would fantasty/supernatural
Pokemon
Apocalypse World

I am not typically interested in role-playing in fandom worlds, but it depends on the story and situation. I try to remain open, though. If I had to pick one or two absolutely, I'd say something with werewolves or an apocalyptic Pokemon world would be fun.

I have several worlds in my head that I may be willing to share out to RP with -- for example, an apocalyptic Pokemon world -- but I didn't know if it would be easier to just join in somewhere or start a group with this world since I am so new. Any advise or pointers would be appreciated. And if you are interested in RPing with me, please let me know! I want to forewarn you that I may take a few days to reply sometimes, depending on how busy I get. I don't have the time to sit and wait on the forums, so if you get impatient easily or want to RP back and forth all night, I am not the right partner. I like longer, paragraph-based RP with thought put into what is going on and may take a day or two to thing and respond to.

Thank you in advance for your help! And so sorry for how long this is. I do tend to get wordy. ^_^;
Sanne Moderator

Welcome welcome! I loooove big posts and this pleases me immensely! XD

I'm afraid my tabletop knowledge and experience is about zero, but the last 4 bulletpoints in your list appeal to me. :) I am a slow roleplayer myself (I'm trying to catch up with a bunch of posts as we speak) so if you're wanting something steady on the side, hit me up. ;) I have about two dozen anonymous characters that aren't shown on my profile, too, in case you desire more diversity!

I too love regular humans and mundane and super powers (though one can argue mundane to be its own category of super! ;)) and I'm pretty flexible with stories overall.

As for feeling overwhelmed, don't worry and take your time! There IS a lot going on on RPR, but nothing is required. (The site was initially created to be a host for character profiles and has evolved into an engaging roleplay community since!) I think your best bet is to pick your own character which you feel most like playing and then try to find a roleplay or group for them that will suit your needs. If there's none, make your own! :D

Either way, thanks for joining! I think you'll be a great addition to the community and if you have any questions, let us know. We're super happy to help you out. :)
SarietheFae

I suggest getting your toes wet with a one on one first using the Find rp, to find or to post your idea and see what happens there or look in the look for rp Fourms see if there any NEW groups forming. but Welcome glad to have you here!
Ben Moderator

Most groups understand that having a lot of backstory means that players may not read it all at once. I figure throw an application in, ask some questions, let them know that you're working on the history but haven't finished reading yet. :)

Welcome to the site, by the way. I hope you find an awesome group to play with.
Welcome to rpr. I am a ppokemon phanatic so if you ever want to do one link will work with any setting. So just pm me and we can talk
Welcome to the site, it is great having another tabletop player here. Do you have any experience with the system used in Warhammer 40k. It is a d100 and is very punishing. Feel free to PM me if you need help or want to RP.
Welcome to RPR!

Don't worry to much about knowing everything at once. Even just sticking to a small selection is perfectly fine. :) And we do have plenty of folks more on the slow-posting side; I tend to go back and forth myself, but I think I'm mostly a little on the slow side.

A post-apocalyptic Pokemon thing sounds like it could be pretty interesting, though I don't do Pokemon (or other fandom) RP myself. I'd definitely suggest throwing that idea out into the Looking for RP board or the Find RP tool. If you see someone you'd like to play with, it's also acceptable to send them a PM asking if they'd like to play. :)

And if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! ^_^
Khallas Topic Starter

Sanne - Yay, thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words and advice. I'm going to get some characters up and going and posted as soon as I can. I would love to see what you are active in, maybe we can RP together. :)

SarietheFae - Thank you for the advice! I found something very interesting with that. I'm looking forward to starting on it.

Ben - Really good to know. Thank you for that! I appreciate that everyone seems so kind and understanding already. :)

Link - Will do!

XXXKILLZONEUS - I know about Warhammer, but I've never played it before and I don't know anything about the lore involved in it. It always seemed expensive to get involved in, if I'm thinking of the right thing. But if you like other fantasy work, I'd be glad to try those types of RP with you!

Novalynn - I'll get the world in line and submit it out for people to join in once I get the post-apocalyptic world ready to go. Thanks also for the advice. I always feel a little weird just PM'ing random people, but I'll give it a shot for sure.

Thanks again for all the help and warm welcomes everyone!
Hello Khallas! Welcome to RPR! :D

Oh boy, you look like you're going to fit right in here! Everyone has already given my top two go-to's, the RP Finder and Looking For RP thread, but I'd also suggest checking out the Characters page! You can find a lot of really nifty characters there. :)
From the looks of it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of RP in no time! I might even ask you when my schedule isn't so busy! :D
Welcome to RPR! :) As you can see we're all super friendly here so don't be afraid to jump right in. I think there were actually a couple others interested in doing an Apocalyptic Pokemon RP, so you should definitely toss something up on the looking for RP forum! I have to admit, it is a pretty intriguing idea :) Given your interests I'm sure you're going to fit in here just fine <3
Khallas wrote:
Sanne -

XXXKILLZONEUS - I know about Warhammer, but I've never played it before and I don't know anything about the lore involved in it. It always seemed expensive to get involved in, if I'm thinking of the right thing. But if you like other fantasy work, I'd be glad to try those types of RP with you!

I was not talking about the tabletop war-game for 40k. I was talking about its pen and paper RPG books(Dark Heresy, Deathwatch), which I think you would enjoy
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! I am tickled pink by your detailed introduction. I agree, it's a whole lot to take in at once, but as you've seen, people are always happy to help! :)
Welcome my friend! I notice you said that you would role play a Apocalypse World setting and let me just tell you I would love to role play with you sometime! Or if you just want to talk then drop me a message, I hope you have fun on here! :)
Welcome! I hope you are settling in and haven't gotten too overwhelmed. RPR is fantastic in the way you can keep finding new stuff every time you log on lol. Don't worry about playing catch up or getting up to speed on groups, just take it one day at a time and the next thing you know, you'll be running with the rest of us! :3
Khallas Topic Starter

CelestinaGrey - Thanks! I sure hope so. I would love to RP with you sometime. I totally understand being busy. I'll be there soon once summer hits.

Loki - Woot, thank you! I really enjoy how inclusive and kind everyone has been so far. I also really enjoy that people aren't afraid to tell you what they want/don't want. It's refreshing. I need to type something up more than just the sporadic notes I have for my Apocalyptic Pokemon world, but as soon as I do I really think I'll stick it up here. You're right, there has been a bit of interest from several different people.

Kim - Thank you very much! I am slowly introducing myself to some groups and figuring out how to work everything. I'm enjoying myself so far!

MarieSapphire - Apocalypse World is fantastic! I am currently running a game with my RL game group. I would definitely be interested in some text-based RP regarding AW. I'll message you for sure! I have a Battlebabe that I'd love to stretch her legs again. She only got one session previously. I think I'll need to re-work her personality. It was fun to play that one night but in hindsight I think she'd be a little two-dimensional.

Highjinx - I am settling in, yes! It is still a bit overwhelming. There's so much on here, but that's also something I find very cool. I like the big community and all the RP's going on. I've just found a couple that seem to interest me so far and will stick with that until I can spread out a little further.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes and advice! I'm loving it so far. :)
Khallas Topic Starter

XXXKILLZONEUS wrote:
Khallas wrote:
Sanne -

I was not talking about the tabletop war-game for 40k. I was talking about its pen and paper RPG books(Dark Heresy, Deathwatch), which I think you would enjoy

Oh!I have seen that around, actually. I just never picked it up because none of my game group has ever been interested much in Warhammer, and we've been a little afraid to get invested in such a large world with all the other interested we have. I'll look into this. I have the wiki up to read later when I have a chance to sit down with it.

Thanks! :)
Welcome :) I hope you enjoy rping on this site. If you ever need help or someone to rp with message me :)
Welcome! I'm Rin ^_^ And there's no need to apologize! I'm glad that you like fantasy, supernatural, and adventure too! I just love magic-related worlds in modern settings! Shoot me a PM if you want to have a game or a friendly chat~! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hiya, I'm New!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus