Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi there! n_n

Hi everyone; I've been aware of the site for a while now, but I've just recently registered to put together all of my long term characters in one place.

I first started role playing when I was about 13; so pushing the 10 year boundary or so now. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with it but the D&D game Neverwinter Nights was the first place my love for role playing flourished; in an online server there called Amia.
I spent a ton of time there role playing in real time, but since moving onto a new computer I've been unable to access it so in the past several years most of my role playing has shifted over to forum, turn based types. I miss the real time environment but in a way it's lovely to be able to reflect and reread old sessions, instead of just having to remember them by memory.

I love the Forgotten Realms setting for a lot of role plays, but I've never ventured into the realm of tabletop myself (something I'm not against trying though). Neverwinter Nights/Baldurs Gate was as close to that as I got.
To recap though, I enjoy anything revolving around the Golden Age of Piracy, Medieval Fantasy and the paranormal. As well as my long term OCs that I'm working on filling out info on here, I also enjoy making short term ones too.
Ben Moderator

I adored the Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate games. What was so cool about them is that having played them, you're probably already familiar with a lot of the systems of the tabletop versions without realizing it. But they use all the dice systems "under the hood" for the real time combat. Icewind Dale was another favourite of that genre.

Welcome to the site! We're so happy to have you here. You're bound to find some Forgotten Realms geeks around to play with.
Welcome to the site! Name's Rin~ Unfortunately, I don't know much of DnD but hey, I'm open to other RPs! That being said, shoot me a PM whenever you feel like playing or just have a friendly chat!

There are many other members who do know about your interests though, so fear not about blending in~!
I'm sorry to say that I'm not a big DnD player but I'm a big rp player in other senses. Any questions you have or I you wanna do just message me!!
Victoriantruth

Hi there! I'm already in 2 campaigns so I can't help you on the d&d part but if you wanna rp something else? Or just wanna talk? Message me :)

Have fun here! Don't hesitate to ask questions, we don't bite :D

Greets Vicky!
Kim Site Admin

Elerra wrote:
I miss the real time environment but in a way it's lovely to be able to reflect and reread old sessions, instead of just having to remember them by memory.

We have the best of both worlds here! If you and your RP partners want to RP in real time, you can turn any forum thread into a live chat by clicking the "Launch Chat" button at the top or bottom of the topic page. Anything you write in that chat gets posted as a forum post as well, so you can look back at your RP's history in the same way as you would with a pure forum RP. :)

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it here. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns. :)
EarlyGrey Topic Starter

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! :3

I think some of you were confused by my mentioning of D&D though; I like to role play in a similar setting but that doesn't mean I'm looking for tabletop based role playing exclusively (I actually have little to no knowledge in that field, haha). I think it's a nice setting for high fantasy to take place in, that's all (plus most of my characters are based in that environment).

Ah thanks Kim; I'm quite happy for all my current role playing to be forum based, but that's really cool to know! I didn't realise that you could do that and still have it post to the forums! ^_^

Ben: Wow really; I knew that both games in question used similar systems with dice rolls (Neverwinter Nights used... third edition rules if I'm right?), etcetera. I guess it's a little different to have to manually keep track of though!
Cool! You have some very neat interests for rp! Welcome to RPR and I do hope you truly enjoy it! There are quite a few fun ways to get involved, with great players, and loads of chances to delve into rps that are right up your alley!

~Rubix
welcome to RPR :3 I'm glad you decided to join us! You'll find a lot of DnD'ers here that like the more free style RPing. Just about anything you are looking for, really. I've yet to see us not be able to come up with something for everyone lol.
Welcome! I've fallen in love with your icon already! Prepare to think of your characters as your children ^^;
CrimsonKnight212

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the site :) I'm new as well and also love the medieval/high fantasy setting for RP. If you find any of my characters interesting, send me a message! Or if you just want a new RP partner, I'm always up for creating a new character as well :)

Hope you enjoy the site! I've felt very welcomed so far :D
Neverwinter nights was awesome!

I also got into roleplay around the age of 10, but I haven't really RP'd for a while now. But the people here on RPR are lovely and there are always people who are happy to RP, so there is never a lack of it! Welcome to the site and I hope that you have a great time!

If you ever want to chat about anything, feel free to message me! :D.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site!! I used to RP on NWN with a friend of mine (from which Sulan here was born ;)) and I think I have the sequel to NWN as well, though I never got a chance to play through it.

I hope you'll have fun around here. :3 Most of us are really flexible with how we RP, and dice can be used in whatever shape and form you prefer! I think the most common way is to roll a 1d2 for yes/no questions and scenarios, and 1d20 to gauge the extent of damage in combat, though the variations are pretty endless. :P
Welcome to the site. Let me know if you could use any help I never mind taking the time to help new players out
EarlyGrey Topic Starter

Gosh thanks so much for all the welcomes guys, you're all so awesome. ;w;

Haha moonlit; thanks! Although my characters are way different to my icon (it's a draving I did of my avatar from another site). I don't think I've actually ever created a child-like character, hmmm. You've got me thinking, now!

Sanne: Ahh that's ace! :D I've played both; the second one I wasn't so taken with though. The first is just the bee's knees. I mean Hordes of the Underdark was just... beyond words amazing. *o* Valen was awesome too. I'll need to find a way to get it playing on my iMac just so I can relive it, haha. I have the installation discs still kicking about somewhere.
Hello welcome to rpr if you ever need a rp I'm always open to literally anything. Just pm me if you need one ;-)
When I first came to RPR I was also super glad for the chance to store the many characters rolling around in my head. Hopefully you've found some great friends here already! So welcome welcome welcome to the happiest place on earth! ;)
Ben Moderator

Elerra wrote:
Ben: Wow really; I knew that both games in question used similar systems with dice rolls (Neverwinter Nights used... third edition rules if I'm right?), etcetera. I guess it's a little different to have to manually keep track of though!

Rolling yourself is quite different, but the actual rolling is usually super simple. If your DM is good they will tell you which dice to roll, and what numbers you're looking to beat. A lot of what takes the most time is coming up with character sheets, working out the flat numbers like armour class, managing your spellbooks... etc. And that's all stuff you have experience with! Once you get into the game with an experienced group, picking up the rolling mechanics becomes pretty easy.
Welcome! Sounds like you've got some really broad experience with fantasy. :)
EarlyGrey Topic Starter

Ben: Ahh okay, thank you! :3 I'll be sure to try it out soon I think; I've never made a character sheet before so I'm going to try it out this weekend I reckon, and get used to the basic mechanics.

Novalyyn: Haha thank you. I definitely love fantasy; my head's never out of the clouds so it only makes sense to make use of that talent I have. :D
Like, I'm literally sitting at work and envision scenarios. ._. Maybe it's going overboard but it makes me happy I guess!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi there! n_n

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus