Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings one and all

My typical forum handle is Netherweave, but you may call me by character, Myrddin. I've been attracted to this site from my lovely fianceé, freejayfly, and I hope to find some wonderful connections and friends during my time spent here. While I may usually be considered unapproachable by some, do not be afraid to message me about anything. I like to consider myself a very carefree and relaxed individual.

Thank you for your time and hope to see more of your beautiful faces soon!
Welcome to the office. If you ever need an rp then I'm here.
Blu_Dino

Welcome into the depths of.. RPR! :D I hope you have a great time here! Hope to see you around!

Epic Leaving!
*Smoke bomb*
Praise the Sun and welcome to RPR. Feel free o message me if you need help or want to rp.
Welcome to RPR! :D. Yay! Family RPers!

Hope you enjoy your stay! If you ever want to chat, just pop me a message!
Welcome to RPR. :) I'm guessing that you at least enjoy fantasy... any other genres you're into? Any style preferences?
Kim Site Admin

That is one cool username! :D Welcome!
Welcome my friend to the wonderful side of RPR! I am glad you are joining our roleplay family and I hope you have an amazing time here! :)
CrimsonKnight212

Hey, welcome! Looking forward to RPing with you, and I hope you enjoy the site! :D
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're enjoying the site so far. Everyone here is super friendly so don't be afraid to jump right in!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! Do you and your fiancee roleplay together? :)
:3 Welcome to the RPR, Netherweave
Welcome to RPR! :D Your character Allon looks really interesting :) What kind of RPs do you enjoy?
Victoriantruth

Oh welcome fellow rper! I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay! Hope to rp with you soon?

Greetz
Vicky!
Welcome to RPR! Hopefully you're settling in and having a great time :3
Netherweave Topic Starter

Woah! Thanks to everyone who offered the warm welcomes from all around! I'm glad to see and hear that everyone here is super friendly and welcoming. Not that I was expecting the pitch forks and torches early on...

Sorry if my character list is someone barren these past few days. I've been super busy trying to learn some things. But I'll see about getting everything situated as soon as possible without stressing myself out.

Um, I was wondering if there was some sort of @ messages for these forums, but I don't think there seems to be. I'll be certain to answer any questions that were left behind. Hope you guys return to see these questions answered.

@Alecia What kind of RPs do I enjoy? I've grown partial to the fantasy RPs due to their vast, sprawling environments. But, dare I say, I really enjoy the rare breed of survivor-style RPs in which characters rely on their wits to battle the elements, and others to keep up their spirits.

I really enjoy RPs that are more about the journey rather than the destination. And it's the best way to flesh out the characters. imo.

@Sanne Do my fiancee and I roleplay together? Well, I would hope that we do, especially when she attracted my attention to this site. You could say she's also the reason why the word count in my responses that tripled, or quadrupled.

@Novalyyn Indeed, fantasy is certainly the staple in my setting, but I suppose sci-fi could also be pretty fun. And when technology is blended with magic? The best! But I believe my response to this question was also answered with Alecia, though what style preference...?

I hope I'm correct to assume everyone here RPs in paragraph, rather than script. I don't think I've seen script RP in ages... But in response to this inquiry, my typical style involves typing up a few paragraphs in the beginning to set the mood and introduce the character. Though all of my other posts will likely be submitted in single paragraphs.

Thanks to everyone that responded, and please feel free to ask me more questions. Or perhaps approach me with some RP suggestions? I'll certainly attempt to lurk about the forums for some interesting RPs, and definitely add a few more appropriate characters to the list.

Take care.
Kim Site Admin

Paragraph/prose style is definitely much more common than script. I've seen it happen a few times, but it doesn't seem to be the general preference. We don't have a rule about what style people need to use, per se, so long as they are putting effort in and are adhering to whatever the group they're playing with has worked out amongst themselves. :) Hard to mandate any one type of style when there are so many different game systems and styles in use! :)

I like to use @ replies to indicate who I am speaking to, but in terms of sending people automatic notifications that they were mentioned, no, we don't have that yet. It's definitely on my list for something to look into though.

No rush on getting your characters set up! Whatever you can do without stressing yourself out. We'll all still be here when you are ready! :)
Welcome! This will be a good home for you!
Fanggreywolf

Hehe, Would I be wrong in guessing you are a fan of WOW considering the username? :P
Netherweave Topic Starter

Wow! I'm totally late to the latest updates. Well, not too late, I hope.

@Kim Thanks a bunch for the information, I'll definitely be looking forward to the updates when they arrive.

@AurumDrake Thank you for the warm welcome!

@Fanggreywolf I'm actually a big fan of Minecraft! Heh. But seriously, I used to play WoW back in the day, but I haven't played since WotLK. Thanks for the question!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings one and all

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus