Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh, hey, I'm new :)

sirensong

Hey there! I'm obviously new to the site, looking forward to getting started :) I usually create characters for specific RPs, so if I don't have a character for something you're looking for, just send me a note and I can make one. Let's see, what else about me ... umm ... I love to write? hahaha

Looking forward to getting started here :)
CrimsonKnight212

Hey there! Welcome to the site, we're glad to have you! You'll come to find out that everyone's really friendly here :)

EDIT: Oh, hi Jen! haha
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site, sirensong! :D Maybe you can tell us what your hobbies are besides RPing! And what sort of themes do you prefer to roleplay?
HELLO HELLO! Welcome to the family! I'm open to any rp if you want to start one with me. Pm me, I'm open to any rp you like!
Welcome to RPR, feel free to message me if you need help or want to RP.
sirensong Topic Starter

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Uuummm other hobbies ... writing? Haha. I also do track and field and am training for my first marathon (and constantly questioning why lol).

And themes I like - I mostly like just taking characters and throwing them into intense situations then seeing what happens lol. I tend to stick to darker themes, though - or romance. And I like fantasy, historical or modern :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! If you're the type of person who enjoys crafting characters to fit a RP setting, you might really enjoy RPing in groups -- since groups allow people to create profiles and private forums for just one RP setting, they tend to be the types of RPs with more established world building info, and be longer running. Personally, I find those conditions particularly conducive to crafting an appropriately fitting character! :)
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far. As you can see everyone is super friendly so don't be afraid to jump right in :D
Welcome to RPR! Let me know if you want to roleplay, I can make one or do one of yours :D
Welcome!
RPR is flooding with writers, so you're sure to fit right in! :)
SarietheFae

well hello and welcome!
sirensong Topic Starter

Can someone help me understand more how groups actually work? Is it the type of thing where you just ask to be added by sending a note or something?
Sanne Moderator

There are different ways to join groups, it depends on what the owner of the group set it to. In most cases, there is a link at the top of the group saying "Join this group". Depending on the settings, you can choose yourself or your character of choice. Sometimes you have to answer questions for applications that will be reviewed and approved manually after you submit, other times you will be added to the group straight away. :)

For some groups you need to be invited by a member with the power to do so before you can apply. Some groups are set to "Top Secret" and require an invitation to be both seen and joined.

In any case, just look for the "Join" link at the top of a group. If it's not there you can always PM the owner asking for an invitation!
Welcome! I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting into all sorts of trouble/fun stuff here. :)
Laurakj

Hello.. I'm new too. From Denmark
Yo! Welcome to RPR, hope you enjoy your stay.
Welcome to RPR! I hope you get settled in and have a great time! :3
Hello! Welcome to RPR. :3
HibariHaru

Hi there, new friend! It's nice meeting you! :)
Hey there and welcome to RPR~

u v u / I do hope that you enjoy your stay. X3 If you ever want to role play, feel free to send me a message! :'D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh, hey, I'm new :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus