Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official Doubutt RPG Thread

How do I play this game? When I download it and click the downloaded thing, it tells me I need to go on the web to find the thing to play it. (I know that was so technical.. xD)

Edit: Just saw on the main page that it needs Java lol...
Ben Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
How do I play this game? When I download it and click the downloaded thing, it tells me I need to go on the web to find the thing to play it. (I know that was so technical.. xD)

Edit: Just saw on the main page that it needs Java lol...
Once you have java installed, right click on it and Run With... Java Runtime
Ben wrote:
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a ray gun come hurtling from the clouds! It lands, conveniently, right in your waiting hands. You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Ben and Doubutt"

This is part of the special event for the RPR's fifth anniversary: Epic week!

Thanks, Ben!

Together, you and I will arm the masses!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Already, 35 weapons have been made available by people playing the Doubutt game. 17 are still in transit and have yet to settle with an owner, so if you haven't gotten one yet, you may soon! :)
mk_97 wrote:
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a ray gun come hurtling from the clouds! It lands, conveniently, right in your waiting hands. You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: mk_97 and Doubutt"

Thank you, friend! I can destroy some goblins now! This is an awfully weird looking wand, though.
That was hilariously enjoyable, love the aesthetics!
Has anyone using Google Chrome downloaded this? It's warning me that Chrome doesn't support Java anymore so I don't want to download it only to not be able to play it. Has anyone in Chrome downloaded it to play?
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Has anyone using Google Chrome downloaded this? It's warning me that Chrome doesn't support Java anymore so I don't want to download it only to not be able to play it. Has anyone in Chrome downloaded it to play?
It's not a browser-based game, so you should be fine.
Tar

Quote:

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Oaky and Doubutt"

Thank!

Also, I use Chrome and just had to update my flash - it's not browser-based like Swagnakor noted, though.

CelestinaGrey wrote:

Chrome is the only browser I use, and I play it fine. :) It is not browser based -- it should only matter if Java is installed on your computer, not if it's installed in Chrome. There are instructions for download on the same page with the doubutt game download button.
Kim, how goes the armament of our warriors?
Are we still putting out a consistent number at this point?
I'm curious if others have been grinding away at it like I have been.
Kim wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:

Chrome is the only browser I use, and I play it fine. :) It is not browser based -- it should only matter if Java is installed on your computer, not if it's installed in Chrome. There are instructions for download on the same page with the doubutt game download button.

Thanks! Umm...another stupid question ^^; How do I know what bit my Windows version is?
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Thanks! Umm...another stupid question ^^; How do I know what bit my Windows version is?

Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System

It should look something like this...
a5f00464b6a1bf8170e8090e0634c15a.png
Thanks so much!!
Quite welcome!
ughhh it's telling me that I've got like an hour or two to download it. xD

Java, or the game? o.o
Java lol. Maybe I'm trying to download the wrong thing?

I just released a slightly updated version of the game that fixes the healing fountain. You don't need to redownload -- the Doubutt game launcher should update the game for you when next you run it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official Doubutt RPG Thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus