Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official Doubutt RPG Thread

So far, first time my weapon got eaten by a gelatinous cube (ewww), second time, I fell right through a random hole in the "floor". Never saw it coming. Will definitely be scouting ahead now on! Thanks for the tips!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I think my tip is: No matter what kind of crazy running start you need to rush your weapon through a hall full of gelatinous cubes, when you actually go through a door, go through as gently as Doubuttly possible -- who knows what's on the other side and if you're going to kick the weapon directly into a pit by exploding through with the same velocity you used to rush it past baddies in this one.

Weapons stop when they go through doors, but you can get them started again quite quickly by running through yourself!
First fail was via cube. 2nd was by accidentally dropping the weapon into a pit. 3rd fail is a little more funny. I was in the cross shaped sky room with the hold in the middle. Now I noticed that doubutt is pretty forgiving when it comes to not falling into the pit....yeah I ended up moving a little too close to a pit. ^^;
Nice place you have here.
It's pretty odd having a castle in the sky.
Oh crap! Was that a hand grenade that just dropped out of the sky!?

onion wrote:
It's pretty odd having a castle in the sky.

But that's the ONLY odd thing about it. Everything else is very normal.
Portals and goblins and things.
This guide was moved to the front page, check it out for any assistance you need!

I put Gamer's guide into the first of the two reserved slots at the start of this thread. :)

Gamers wrote:
Rooms
In order to find the cannon room you will have to go from one room to the next. Rooms may have no entrances or they may have several. In order to enter a new room Doubutt must walk into the entrance where a new room will blink into existence. Items may also pass into other rooms through the same manner. It is important to note that items keep their momentum when entering a new room.

A suggested edit: Only balls and weapons can go through doors. All other items will remain in the room in which they spawned (vases, food) or were dropped (magnet).

Gamers wrote:
1) Kill them with projectiles. If you have beetles in a room near a ball room it is possible, and sometimes quite easy, to push some balls over to toss at them. Once they have sustained enough damage they will collapse and disappear.

Another suggestion!

Vases also do a great deal of damage to beetles if you can get them up to speed before they shatter. The weapon itself is also valid, although this is risky if you are fighting in a room with any holes in it. In all cases, the trick is velocity.
Thank you! I was looking at editing what I could. I'd noticed I'd left out the bit about vases as weapons. I also noticed they deflect beetles like the weapon.
My first try... I couldn't download it because my computer's an idiot.

Took care of that. Second try... I dropped a grenade down a hole... But I didn't get injured at all. ^^;

Third try - pretty sure I sent someone a raygun. :D
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a grenade gun come hurtling from the clouds! You leap and catch it before it hits the ground. It looks like the pin hasn't been pulled. Cool! You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Katia and Doubutt"

oh thanks katia, i needed a grenade gun dropped on my head lol
Solveig2468

Finaly! xD
That was fun!

I'll try again, so another can get a weapon^^ xD
Solveig2468

NO WAY!
I pushed the weapon trough a door, and it flew just into a slime!
That's just not fair!

Well. After the second try, 2 weapons are now sent out!

Solveig2468 wrote:
NO WAY!
I pushed the weapon trough a door, and it flew just into a slime!
That's just not fair!

Well. After the second try, 2 weapons are now sent out!

Congrats! :D

And yes, it's best to push things veeery slowly through doors, because they keep their momentum when you push them through and you never know what is on the other side!

Attention weapon gatherers! A spell is currently being worked to temporarily increase the number of weapons that are sent out per Doubutt win! :D

So far this morning, I've sent:

2 ray guns
1 battle axe
1 rapier
2 grenade

Would anyone like to play together on Google Hangouts sometime today? :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official Doubutt RPG Thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus