Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fial and Yveine 1x1

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey)

((If I don't post within two days, give me a nudge. I don't mind at all when someone goes 'hey, can you post on here?' So feel free to do it if I don't post in like two days or something. More likely than not, I probably lost track of it in the other notifications.))

Fial arrived soon, smiling as he found the princess playing a lovely tune on a small harp. "I'm here, princess." he said as he came forward. "You play so lovely. How long have you been doing so, if you don't mind me asking?"
Yveine (played by Anonymouse) Topic Starter

((All righty. ^^))

She turned to see him, putting the delicate instrument down. "About ten years." She said, looking up at him. "Aside from that, I have a favor to ask you. All of the rosebushes in the garden have somewhat... shriveled. If you could... could you make them grow richly?" She asked, atender tone in her voice, making it more personal than official.

Fial smiled. "Ten years? No wonder you're so good at it, princess." He listened to her request and smiled brightly. "Of course! I would be happy to help out. Shall I start now, princess?" He had no qualms with helping flowers to grow! "Is your gardener watering them enough? Roses are very delicate bushes, so it's possible he may even be watering them too much."

She shook her head. "The gardener is on maternity leave." She said. "That's why the plants are looking dry and withered." She said, looking around. "Fial... I need to tell you something." She whispered. Looking up at him, she took his hand and her little lyre, walking closer to the center of the garden.

Sitting down, she started to play and sing an old elfen folk song. After finishing, she looked at him. "My grandmother taught me that..." She said softly, glancing over at him as she waited for it to sink in.

Fial 'oooh'ed and nodded in understanding. "Well, I'll have them looking perfect in no time." He smiled, though his expression grew curious as she said she had to tell him something. He listened intently to the song, recognizing it immediately. When she spoke afterwards, he stared at her in surprise. "Your mother...was an elf?"

She nodded gently, looking down solemnly. "Half-elf, to be precise. She never told my father, and he never met her parents. After my mother died, my grandmother came to visit me, and since my father was in pain and sulking, she couldn't stay long. She tuaght me that song and gave me the harp." Yveine said, looking up at him with one tear streaming from her left eye.

She pushed the hair from her ears, revealing their slight pointed shapes to him. "My father pays no attention to me anymore... He's still overcome with greif. If only that day... That incident, could have made him closer to me, not further apart." She said softly, feeling cold now. "You're the only person I let see this." She added softly.

Fial listened carefully. Her father didn't know?? When he caught site of the tear, he hurried over and gently rubbed it away with his thumb. Eyes paid attention to her ear, and he nodded a little. "I'm honored that you told me, princess." he said quietly. "Don't worry. I'm sure your father will come out of his grief soon, and remember that he has a kingdom and a daughter to tend to." He smiled and would take her hand gently, walking towards some of the bushes. "Here...come watch me."

He smiled and put his hands on the bush. After some concentration and quiet murmured words, the wilting bush suddenly started growing again and it greened, flourishing with beautiful purple roses.

Yveine let him lead her to the bush, gasping in wonder as she delicately picked a rose. "This is my favorite color..." She whispered, smiling as she looked up at him. "Thank you, Fial." She said, leaning up and kissing his cheek, laying her head on his shoulder. "Since I'm part elf... Could you teach me how to do that..?"

Fial smiled gently at her. "Really? Good, I'm glad." He blushed when she kissed his cheek, and he gently put an arm around her as her head laid on his shoulder. Her question made him think. "Well...I could try. You're not quite a half elf, so I don't think you'd be able to do it on such a grand scale. But you can probably do flowers individually." He smiled warmly. "I would love to teach you what I can."

"Just show me how to change the colors." She requested, taking his hand as she stood by the bush. She looked over the roses, smiling a bit. "I can't make them grow... But I can always change the color of a bud in bloom, right..?"

Fial listened to her and smiled. "Of course, of course! Here." He took one rose in his fingers gently, not pulling it away from the others. "First, physical contact is a must. Especially with how thinned your elven blood is. So very gently touch the flower." He smiled. "Then...close your eyes, and concentrate. There is something inside you, you can feel it. I'm not sure how it will feel with you, but to me it is like a bubbling spring inside me. I tug on that feeling, and draw some 'water' from that spring. The feeling is in my core, in my chest. So I draw it out along my arms, and down through my fingertips and into the flower. While you do this though, you have to concentrate on a color as well."

She gave a nod and placed her hands aroud a flower, concentrating on finding her core. "I... I feel a gentle melody... Strings twining and letting it move out through me.." She said softly. She focused on another color, thinking of the beautiful sky.

Opening her eyes, she saw the flower shift from purple to blue, the tips still holding a shade of indigo. "Wow.." She said softly, releasing the flower. "I suppose my inside feeling is... Is when I play my harp." She said. "I can feel the usic wrap around my very heart." She said, smiling gently.

Fial listened intently to what she said, watching excitedly as the flower turned colors. "You did it! Great job!" He looked over at her and his excited smile softened. "Indeed. That feeling inside of us is always unique to that person." He didn't explain why water was his feeling, though. "You did a wonderful job. It looks beautiful, especially with the tips. It's easy proof then, that you still have elven magic inside you!" He smiled happily.

She gasped and smiled, turning to him and hugging him. "Thank you, Fial." She whispered, arms still clutching him as if her body begged for the close contact. She had been deprived of affection for so long, her body craved it, and she decided to keep him around longer to help fill that hunger for true companionship.

Fial blinked in surprise as he was suddenly hugged! He hadn't been expecting that at all. He would smile though and wrap his arms around her as well, holding her close to him in a gentle embrace. "You're very welcome, princess." he said quietly. He would rub her back gently as he held her, understanding how she felt, what she needed. Fial was a rather empathetic being.

She felt as if the ice around her heart was melting, viewing the man before her as a new person. "Will you come with me.. To talk to my father?" She asked, taking his hand in hers as she beamed up at him, hair surrounding her face as the wind picked up gently.

Fial blinked in surprise when she pulled away and spoke about...her father. "U-uh...of course, if that is what you would like.." Royalty like her father made him nervous. He smiled slightly down at her though. "Just...don't expect me to do the talking, okay?" He gave a soft chuckle.

She gave a nod and smiled, taking him back inside the castle and up to the throne room. Entering the room, she looked over at her father.

He was a big man with dark fiery hair, a beard beginning to grow past his jaw. He was easily a muscular man, but had recently let that go in the despair. "Father..?" veine whispered as she approached him. He looked up, a gleam in his eye.

"Yveine, my dear.." He said, reaching up to her. She gavea gingerly smile, leaning over and hugging him. "I want you to hear something." She said, playing the tune on her harp. She didn't sing, but just played it.

"Your mother hummed that to you when you were a baby.." Her father said softly, smiling at her. "It was your lullaby." He added, sighing.

"Every time you feel upset or let down, I'll play it for you." She said, "Or my assistant will. If he learns how." She said, another giggle escaping her.

Fial came in and would stand near Yveine, just being her silent moral support. He waited quietly and watched the entire ordeal, smiling a little bit as he was spoken of. He would love to learn how to play, of course. But he still stayed quiet for now. He kind of didn't want much attention brought to him. Besides, he felt this was Yveine's special moment with her father.

Guards and servants alike were astonished to see such a sweet side in the princess, and how the king was recovering from grief. He smiled and hugged her, petting her head. "Thank you, dear... I suppose it is best to let the memories of Emily be happy ones, and for her to rest in piece." He said.

Yveine nodded, stepping back from him and smiling widely. "But for now... We have urgent business. The country from over the mountains has sent a proposal. They want us to merge with their country under one rule." He said. "This means you will be betrothed to their oldest prince." He said.

Yveine nodded, taking a deep breath as she looked at him. "i understand." She said and smiled. "i'll be on my way now, Father. If you get the chance, take a walk through the gardens. The flowers are beautiful there." She said, turning to Fial and gesturing for him to walk with her back to the gardens.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fial and Yveine 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus