Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fial and Yveine 1x1

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey)

Fial would listen carefully, but give no reactions and say nothing. When Yveine walked off with him, he followed along dutifully. Only when they were alone did he speak. "I admire you, princess." he said honestly. "You have such a heavy burden, doing your duty to your people." He was talking about being betrothed to someone she'd never met. Fial was in the mindset that one should marry for love. "You are very strong, princess."
Yveine (played by Anonymouse) Topic Starter

"If only it were true, Fial." She said and sighed, sitting down on a bench outside. She played a small tune wistfully, sad notes fluttering off if the strings.

"I'm no stronger than my heart... If I was truly strong, I would stand up to my beliefs that a princess shouldn't be forced to do this..." She whispered. She felt like she was exposed ,vulnerable to the world like a real princess was.

Her commanding exterior diminished, leaving a small, meek girl in the presence of her guards and servants. "Fial... Can you bring me a white lily?" She asked softly.

Fial listened to her carefully. "You are being realistic, princess. It is sad, but this has been the ways of the kingdom for so many years that it is highly unlikely that this will change. Besides...you know that, as a princess, your people have to come before yourself." He would put his hand on her shoulder gently. "It is always possible to love someone. You can love the man you marry after you marry him, so don't despair." He smiled and nodded at her request. "Of course, princess."

He would leave and go through the garden, then come back with a beautiful white lily for her.

She smiled, slipping the lily into her hair. "Fial... Do flowers represent certain things in your culture?" She asked. Her grandmother had told her how flowers symbolized many things, like daisies. They represented simplicity and honesty.

Fial listened to her intently as she asked the question. He smiled. "Of course they do, princess. A flower means something to every culture. The meaning may change, but each flower holds its own importance." He would sit down beside her and smile.

She smiled at him, sighing as she laid on the bench, her head resting in his lap. Surely he wouldn't mind... Yveine looked up at him. "My grandmother told me how each flower played a part in our lives. Daises brought honesty, marigolds brought courage, morning glories brought wisdom..." She said softly. "Lilies bring misfortune, though... Androses... They bring... The bring forbidden love." She explained, whispering the last part as she looked up at him. "No matter the color, either."

Fial didn't mind, he let her rest her head in his lap, and he just smiled down at her. "I see. That's very interesting. However, meanings are entirely different." He giggled softly. "At least, for roses. Each color holds a unique meaning. Red roses mean love, passionate and firey. White roses mean purity. If you give a white rose to someone, the love between you two is innocent and pure. Pink roses mean honesty. Purple roses mean maturity." He chuckled. "I could go on and on.."

She smiled, sitting up again as shestood, giving him a sweet smile before taking his hand and leading him back to one of the rose bushes in the garden. She started changing the colors on them, each one a different color. She closed her eyes and picked one, opening them to show him a pink rose with a white center, setting it gently in his hands.

Fial would walk with her, watching intently as she changed the colors of the roses. When she showed him one of the flowers, he smiled brightly. "That's a wonderful job, princess! It's hard sometimes, especially for beginners, to make a rose two colors. And it's especially hard to change an entire bush to unique colors. You've already made such wonderful progress." He smiled happily. "Good job!"

He would look down at the rose in his hands, then carefully break off most of the stem, and slide the flower behind her ear. "It looks better on you." he said, smiling warmly.

She felt a blush find its way on to her face, looking down bashfully. Her grandmother had told her that when she met her true love, a flower would be caught in her hair. Looking at herself now, she realized what her fate had become.

"Fial... You have to help me." She said softly, sitting down in the grass beside the bush.

Fial blinked and sat down beside her. "Of course. What am I helping with?" He smiled gently. He was certainly willing to lend a hand whenever he was able to. And she was asking for his help, so there was no way he was going to deny her of it.

She breathed deeply, looking at him. "I do not want to marry a prince... So I am asking you to pretend to be a noble so that I am not eligible, and act as my fiance." She said, looking down, then up at him.

"I know this sounds selfish... But if you do this, I will guarantee freedom for you and all of the others."

Fial blinked, then stared at her. "Wh..what?" He fidgeted a little bit. "B..but that'd be lying, princess! I'm...I'm not a very good liar..." He looked at her for a few long moments, then sighed and rubbed his neck. "I guess I can try." But he was so girly, and he knew it. He doubted he would be able to be a good prince! "It's not selfish, princess." He touched her shoulder gently. "If you don't feel like you should marry this prince, then you shouldn't have to. You should follow your heart. It's what I was always told."

She smiled, turning and pulling him into a hug. After releasing him, she looked at the flower in her hair. "Follow my heart.." She said softly, standing up. "I know you're not fit to play a prince... But that will change. My suitor will be here in a month's time, that will give us long enough to make you more princely... And I know the perfect cover-up. You are from an elfen kingdom that wishes to bind our countries to end the slavery. If my father asks why, then I will let him see my other side. Being his daughter, he should forget the law and allow the marriage, closing the deal." She said, looking at Fial.

Fial blinked at the hug and then returned it gently. He always touched her very gently, as if she were a fragile flower. When she stood, he did too. "Alright. I'll do my best, princess!" He listened to her explanation and nodded intently. That was a very good idea. She was a smart princess! "I hope that things turn out for the best, princess."

She smiled at him, nodding a bit. "I'll personally ask for you to go under light training. Just to build some muscle and maybe train you in archery." She said, walking into the castle and heading to the barracks, where the soldiers stayed. "I want you to become manlier, so that no one will think less of you or I."

Fial followed along. "R-right. But I'm not..I'm not very good at being manly.." Well, to his knowledge. When push came to shove, he did become a bit manly, but push had never come to shove. "But I'll still do my best, princess." He had promised her this, and he was going to see it through.

"Good." She said, opening the door. "This is the beginner's chambers. Most of these men are like you, only shorter and not as... elegant." She said. The training course was in the center of the barracks, the four corners holding the four stages: Beginners, Novice, Squire, Knight. "You'll be given armor, and a light weapon. The practice dummies are made of soft wood and flour sacks. When you move up to Novice, you'll be given a bow." She said, watching as about thirty new recruits began training. "I want to see progress in you, Fial. You must be able to reach Knight by the end of the month." She said. It was protocol; she couldn't knight people unless they graduated to the position. "You are still able to live in your room. Just be able to get into practice on time."

Fial paled a little bit. One month? "...do you really think I can get to Knight in one month?" He fidgeted a little bit. Alright, now he was VERY nervous. "Can't I pretend to be a prince without being a knight?" He watched the other beginners start practicing, cringing at each hit given to wood and sack. "I don't like violence, princes...it's against my nature."

"I know, and I'm sorry... But the prince from the neighboring kingdom will most likely challenge you to a duel for my hand. I'm sorry for forcing this on you, Fial..." She said, bowing her head in slight disappointment.

Some of the recruits looked skinnier than him, other so short and round they couldn't walk. Fial actually looked like he could outshine them all if he tried.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fial and Yveine 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus