Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Xelera Ryker (played by Jello_Monsta)

Xelera glanced back at the town as well, "Don't know.." she said quietly, rubbing her arms. "It's still cruel no matter how you think of it, they can't pass on."
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

Lucia nodded, pulling one of the bed rolls out and using it as a large pillow. "You get some rest. I'll take first watch, make sure nothing bothers us." He took another bite, keeping his eyes on the town.

(1d10)

Xelera nodded and laid down, she had a hard time falling asleep again. Eventually sleep overcame her and she slept more quietly this night, curled up into a ball.

rolled 1d10 and got 5

And she slept the night away. When dawn came, the light peeked over, waking her up. Lucia was still sitting, watching the town. The fire was going, barely, and he was reading a book of some kind.

Xelera yawned and stretched out across the ground. Her eyes opened slowly and she glanced around, she had slept till dawn? She frowned, sitting up as she rubbed her eyes. "Don't you need to rest?" she asked.

He chuckled a little, holding up the book. "I'm fine... a little tired, but ok. I love to read, so when I found this, it kept me up most the night." He yawned, blinking a little. "Of course now that I think about it... Wow, I'm tired..."

She glanced around, straightening out her hair "The book didn't happen to give any hints on getting out of here did it?" she asked hopeful, though she assumed it didn't.

"Unfortunatly..." yawn "No... But we'll figure it out. I mean... I guess I can go alone into the other houses. THere may be a hint about something." He was fading fast.

"Sleep first, I'll keep watch." she said, standing up and stretching. "Can't have you going in alone if you are going to fall asleep"

He smiled, and nodded off without another word. The book fell from his hand, along with a scrap of paper that he'd had, it filted onto the ground, face down.

Xelera glanced at the paper, she wasn't the nosy type, but her curiosity peaked as she looked at the paper on the ground. She reached forward, picking it up and flipped it over.

It was a picture of her. Well, it was a rough sketch done in charcoal, but it was of her sleeping. The picture was surprisingly well drawn for such a crude method, and fromt the detail of her and the ground she was on it must of taken all night to do it.

She glanced at Lucia and then back at the picture, she smiled slightly a bit flattered. She looked a lot prettier than she thought she was, she quietly leaned forward slipping the picture back into the book. She supposed she could be a bit nicer to him, he had helped her and he seemed to be a nice guy.

Time rolled by and after about 3 hours, Lucia began to stir. He yawned and stretched a little, rubbing his eyes.

"Ugh... I hate the afternoon... always so hot..." he reached for the trunk and fished out another meal bag. After eating it he rolled his neck, standing up.

"Ok... I'm gonna go check stuff out. If I can't find more clues I'll bring back something."

Xelera was fanning herself with her hand, and nodded up to him. "Careful." she said awkwardly, she wasn't used to being nice. "I'll be right here." she said.

He smiled at ehr and nodded, turning and heading into the town again. He was gone for a couple hours, no sounds coming from the place.

(1d10)

Xelera sat quietly, more worried than she thought she would be. She didn't know why she cared, well she did, if he didn't come back she would have to go about this alone, and she hated to admit that she did enjoy his company. She glanced at the town, she'd give him a few more hours before she would start to panic.

rolled 1d10 and got 9

And it was a couple hours before he came back. She could see him carrying a large trunk on his shoulders, and from the looks of it a couple canteens at his belt. When he got to the tree he let the trunk fall heavily, and he sighed.

"Well, no luck figuring out the rune, but I got more supplies. Here." He handed her one of the canteens of water. "I figure once we do get out of here, at least we wont be so helpless."

She took the canteen and chugged down the water, her throat was starting to feel like sandpaper and it didn't help that it was so warm she was sweating out most of her moisture. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and glanced at Lucia. "Well, I guess no news is better than bad news."

"True enough..." Lucia sat down and sighed, fannign himself. "I did find one of the houses had a cool shower room. Maybe we could use that before we left."

He had stripped his coat while he was gone, now in a tight black shirt and cargo pants.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus