Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

"Jumping? Sure. It's the landing that worries me." He glancd back at the forest. "And not an ax in sight... Otherwise a bridge could be in the future."

He looked back to her. "What do you think?"
Xelera Ryker (played by Jello_Monsta)

"Only one way to find out." she said, backing up at least eight feet from the chasm. She then broke out into a full out run, leaping across as her foot hit the edge. She sailed over the chasm, landing on the other side. The ground gave away under her right foot, causing her to fall. She grabbed a rock at the last minute, looking down as she hung over the chasm. She gritted her teeth as she pulled herself up and over the ledge, crawling into the grass. She panted heavily, turning to look at Lucia. It had been close, but it was doable. "Your turn." she said, standing up and brushing herself off.

He looked at her, then sighed and took a few steps back. Lucia crouched suddenly, his hands almost touching the ground. THen he darted forwards, stooped, then jumped, pushing off with both his hands and feet. He vaulted across the gap, and landed on the other side, rolling and then kneeling. He looked at the elf and grinned.

"Show off.." she mumbled, walking past him. She was thankful for the change of scenery at least now they could see what was around them, but at the same time they were also exposed.

Lucia dusted himself off and continued to follow. for the longest time... they said nothing, just kept walking. but eventually, stomachs began to growl.

Xelera rubbed her stomach some, she was also sweating on top of being hungry. She wiped her brow with the back of her hand, sighing as she looked around. "Is there no end to this place? We've been walking for hours!"

"I don't know... but instead of slicing the guy who did this, I may just torture him for a month... yeah... that sounds fun..." Lucia was hungry too. he looked around, frowning at teh ever present horizon.

(Roll 1d10(

She scoffed, "More like a years worth of torture. This is ridiculous." she said frustrated, she lifted up her long white hair, fanning the back of her neck. She winced forgetting she had a cut there, and dropped her hand, she took one of her sashes and tied her hair up. "It keeps getting hotter too it seems."

rolled 1d10 and got 10

lucia nodded grimly. Then he stopped. "do you see that up ahead?"

It looked, sort of, like buildings. not many of them, but hell, better than nothing at all. lucia took off running, the thought of other people motivating him.

"Oh please let tthere be food there!"

Xelera frowned slightly, "Hey wait up!" she called out, running after him. She was a bit wary of there suddenly being a town. She hoped it wasn't a trap.

The town, as it was, seemed deserted. There were several houses, something that looked like a blacksmith, and a small library and watchtower. Lucia looked around, frowning. "I... don't see anyone... But this place doesn't exactly look deserted..."

Xelera frowned, looking around. "Could be a trap...just keep your guard up, don't want to rush into anything." she said. The place kind of creeped her out, it was like people lived there but it was empty.

"Right... so- Did you hear that?" He was suddenly tense, looking around. One of the nearby houses had a sound come form inside. The door opened... but nothing was there. The door closed, and you could barely hear light footsteps. Then the watchtower door opened and closed.

Xelera felt chills run up her spine, and she shuddered slightly. "How about we...keep moving.." she suggested getting freaked out. She was a literal person, but had always been afraid of spirits from the dead. She didn't know why, but it always creeped her out hearing stories of them.

"Yeah... Maybe you're..." He stopped, and sniffed. The smell of fresh baked bread suddenly wafted to them, making his mouth water.

"... Could we leave after we get something to eat?"

She frowned, "Lucia, I don't think this is a good idea...something is creeping me out." She rubbed her arm nervously, her stomach growling slightly as she smelled the food.

"But... but..." Lucia looked at the house where the smell was coming from.

"I'll... Be right back!" he said, running to the house. After a moment... He opened the door and called out to her.

"Hey, I think you'd better come see this."

She sighed when he ran into the house and when he came back out she frowned, she walked over and looked at him, "What is it?" she asked.

Inside the house, it was pretty much vacant. The smell was coming form another room, but the floor of this place had been tore up, and underneith it there was a stone slab.

Ingraved in the surface, in Common script, was a single word.

"Life."

"... I'm stumped."

Xelera rose a brow, looking around. "Life.." she frowned slightly, that creepy feeling still present. "I have no clue either" she said, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus