Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

"More than likely, unless we can get passed the barrier. And dangit if I had my gear I'd be able to get out of this. I'm missing all of my tools." He rubbed his chin for a moment and was quiet. "... I don't suppose you could decipher some runes I found? Elvish was always outside grasp so... yeah."
Xelera Ryker (played by Jello_Monsta)

She nodded, "All of my stuff is gone too.." she frowned. She looked up when he mentioned runes, "I could try, but who knows if I can read them or not, it might be a different elvish language that I am not familiar with."

He nodded and turned to the path. "Follow me." After a good walk through the dense trees, she could see the barrier. It went past her line of sight in all directions, making an abrupt stop in the forest. it shimmered in the air, and she could see nothing but blackness beyond it. It felt like glass, but did not give.

THere was a stone platform that suddenly appeared amongst the trees. It was flat, and runes were inscribed on the surface.

"atta ier a' suula i' essa en' i' sgiathatch tura"

There were two circles on either side of the runes.

Xelera pushed her mouth to the side, first examining the barrier and then the runes. She knelt down, running her fingers across it. The runes then reminded her of the door in the white room and the letters that had appeared.

"The place where all ends meet." she said quietly to herself, remembering what the words on the door.

"That part I got figured out. I think it means graveyard. And while I don't know elvish, I"m pretty sure that this has little to do with it." Lucia sighed and sat on the edge of the runes, in one of the circles.

Xelera looked over the runes, the stone was old, so the aging made it a bit difficult to read. "Two must speak the dragon lords name." she said, scrunching up her nose some. She was a bit worried now, as she glanced around. She looked back to the man, "Bahamut?"

Lucia looked up, confused. "Bahamut?" The runes began to glow suddenly. The barrier began to shine, and there was a loud cracking noise. The wall shattered like glass, fallning, and revealing what was behind it. It looked like forest... only lighter. Less dense, it smelled different too. And the faint sound of wildlife could be heard too.

"... Riddles. Normally I'm good at them. This one annoys me." He said, standing up.

Xelera watched as the barrier fell and blinked, this time the forest didn't seem so strange she could hear the wildlife, and smelled familiar plants. She smiled, "Looks like we won't starve to death after all" Though new problems arise as they didn't have any gear or weapons.

"True enough. Shall we go?" Lucia walked onto the new forest area and blinked. "This is strange... I can smeel things i didn't before... the foliage here is so strong it's impossible to miss but... I couldn't smell it..." He turned and counted. "Five steps ago. I've dealt in a lot of kinds of magic, but I've never seen anything so dense and powerful like this."

Xelera nodded, "It certainly is strange...and I have a feeling it's going to keep getting stranger.." she said, walking behind him and looking around.

"No doubt..." As they walked, eventually they came to a clearing in the trees. Lucia's ears seemed to perk up for a moment, then he grinned. "Water!" He shouted, running forwards. Sure enough, there was a nice sized pool of crystal clear water in the clearing.

Xelera followed him to the pool of water, glancing around. She looked at the rocks, looking for any sharp looking ones, picking up a couple that could work. They would need to protect themselves some how, who knew what creatures lurked out in the forest. She moved next to him, kneeling down and cupping her hands in the water before bringing it to her lips and taking a drink. "I wonder if we can get home from here.." she said, wiping her mouth.

lucia was drinking, and after his throat no longer felt like sandpaper he spoke again. "I wish it was that simple. But it'd be naive to think that. whoever stuck us here? Wouldn't let us out after such a simple trick."

He sat near the water's edge and plucked upa piece of grass, blowing on it lightly and making a flute sound. Then he let the blade fall where it will.

"We are both adventurers in a sense. Many of them that I've come across over the years are a bit more then simple fighters. Do you have anything about you that could be considered powerful, should you lack weapons?"

She smirked slightly, "We'll save that for when the time comes, I'm still not sure whether you are an ally or a foe." she glanced at him before standing up and picking up a long sturdy stick. She tore off a leather strip from her clothes and started beating the rocks together that she had collected, chipping them into deadly points.

Lucia grinned. "Good answer." he rolled his neck a bit and looked around. There was no apparent light source, but everything could be seen clearly enough. It looked to be late day from teh heaviness of the shadows.

She got the rock sharp enough and then took the leather strap tying the rock to the end of the stick. It was better than nothing, though if anything big came along it'd be useless. She glanced at Lucia, "So what now?"

"Now?" he glanced up at her from the ground, and shrugged. "we go hunting I guess, although I'm not the best with improv weaponry. i could get a fire going I think."

She nodded and stood up, "I'll see what I can do about food then." She said, inspecting her spear again. She looked back a Lucia, "I'll meet you back here then." she said, before walking back into the woods from the clearing.

The forest was simple to navigate. in all directions there where trees, flowers, and plants that looked less alien. Rustlings came from bushes, adn the distant sound of birds could be heard.

(roll id10)

She walked through the woods silently, doing her best to blend into the foliage. She could sense the animals around her, but they were pretty good at hiding. She crouched down in a good secluded spot and waited. Eventually something would cross her sights and then she only had one throw.

rolled 1d10 and got 9

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus