Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade!

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler
Why did you choose that category? Very much the novice artist. Zhi tries very hard but she is not that good. (and uses a mouse)
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
nTI4MxS.png

wanderer_port_by_zhimonster-d6uet00.png

geas_by_zhimonster-d6pinr5.png

Character Name: Merin
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/merin See also http://pastebin.com/ngkgZueM
Species: Dragon
Personality: Upbeat, friendly, witty
Brief physical description of the character: The Bard was tall and lean, with brassy hair and odd colored eyes. He was often garbed in silk or velvet and favored greens and golds. He almost always had his lute within reach, although on occasion this was traded out for a harp or a fiddle. He was charismatic, with an exceptional skill and passion for his chosen profession. He was rumored to be capable of charming down a stone wall and had a tendency to talk more than any five people combined ever should. Sometimes a glimpse of a large rather garish key shaped amulet could be seen, or at least, the glint of a thick gold chain. There was a strange energy about the man, who had been both Trickster and Hero, and there was something about him that was just a touch unearthly
Suggested environments: Medieval tavern or village, or woodlands
Anything else we need to know: He can be drawn as a dragon if the artist prefers but keep in mind he's a little slimmer (mostly in the neck area) and a little more golden-ish than a lot of the art shows him as. He has a nasty scar on his right side, shown here. http://i.imgur.com/CELrKRd.jpg
Dabbler or Devotee?Devotee
Why did you choose that category? My job is my art and I have been drawing for more than half my life consistently.

Character Name:Yokan
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/c/yok
Species: Crocodile
Personality: Eerily calm, gentle type of soul. He is highly intelligent and an observant slave of the Golden Tether who is incredibly curious about the world around him. Most would see him as clinical in his approach to other people, but once they get to know him they are shocked to discover an incredibly passionate and loyal person.
Brief physical description of the character: A 7'5 crocodile male who is somewhat lanky but has the muscular build of a pit fighter. His blackish green hair is dreadlocked and falls at the longest [ieces to mid back. His ears have been pierced and stretched with large plates and he has four 'dot' scars, two beneath each collar bone. With a long face and vivid pale green eyes, he is a young and handsome creature for his species. His clothing tastes lean more toward sarongs, pancha kacham, or robes. His tail is longer than he is tall and is both heavy and blunted rather than pointy at the end
Suggested environments: Medieval, Victorian, swamp, nature
Anything else we need to know: He has only a mouthful of sharp teeth, no molars or anything.

Character Name:Mirra
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/c/mirra
Species: Anubian Jackal
Personality: Generally laid back, easy going but dominant type of guy.
Brief physical description of the character: 8'2" tall jackal with a very long snout and long ears. His tail is docked short and pierced with a heavy seven link chain. There are four bar piercings through his nose, five earrings on each side and six rings pierced into the muscles of his back. He is long, beanpole lanky but impressively muscular for being so scrawny. His hair can be long and is merlot colored and can be drawn either going all the way down to his bottom or cropped short and spiky combed forward. He prefers only wearing a pair of leather pants and a vest but he will happily dress to impress as well (even known to cross dress on occassion.)
Suggested environments: Medieval, Victorian, Desert, dark corners of rooms?
Anything else we need to know: He smokes heavily and drinks heavily

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no): No
Acb1212

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade?Yes
Dabbler or Devotee?Dabbler
Why did you choose that category?I dont have time to commit to Devotee, plus it's my first art trade
Examples
1 A previous version of tenebris
2 A friends character
3 A unused character of mine

Character Name:Tenebris Rene
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:Tenebris' page
Species:Human/Shadow Demon
Personality:Mischevious
Brief physical description of the character:Dark hair, glowing red eyes and pale white skin (tall and always wheres a dark grey jacket/hoodie
Suggested environments:dark forest, lighted livingroom by fireplace
Anything else we need to know:He is slightly insane

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yep!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee!
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for a while now! And super critical of my own artwork. I tend to work harder for art I make for others than myself.
Examples
http://synnabunbun.tumblr.com/
You can scroll through everything there--one of the art trades from the last few months is there as well!

Character Name: Lethe Espella
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: (x)
Species: Kemonomimi / Bakeneko
Personality: On the reference!
Brief physical description of the character: There's art of her in the reference, but beneath the blue headdresses are cat ears. She also has a fat little fluffy tail. She has long, wavy-curly brown hair, brown skin, lilac eyes, comes out to 5'6" and a voluptuous hourglass shape.
Suggested environments: Night time!
Anything else we need to know: There's extra art of her here. The further back, the older.

Character Name: Prince Arion
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: (x)
Species: Samarelf
Personality: On the reference!
Brief physical description of the character: He has some references here. Some are also in the link to Lethe's. He has short violet hair, brown skin, lavender eyes (with gold flecks inside), comes out to 6'1" and is muscular in build.
Suggested environments: N/A
Anything else we need to know: His hair is currently short, please use that hair reference! He also has a tattoo, marked here. Thank you!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) They're dating, so sure! ;u;
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? I've, yes.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? Becuase I feel confident in my art skills and I want to improve by challenging myself.

Character Name: Adra of Vengerberg.
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR profile
Species: Human, witcher.
Personality: Adra is somewhat serious. He has no real sense of danger anymore, considering the amount of monsters he slays on a yearly basis. He is surprisingly empathetic despite of that. He likes to listen to people before he acts, if they give him a choice. He tries not to appear too soft of a person, though he cares deeply for those few friends he has. He is used to living on the road, and has never lived a luxurious life.
Brief physical description of the character: Faceclaim - Alexander Ludwig (as Bjørn from Vikings). Adra's appearence reflects that he spends most of time on the road. He is usually never seen without a beard, covered in dirt and what might be the remains of blood. He is 187 centimeters tall with a muscular build. His body is covered with all kinds of scars, bitemarks, clawmarks and whatnot. He has yellow cat eyes, the sign of him being a witcher. His hair is cut short on the sides of his head, but it's kept relatively long on the top (sorta like a mohawk). It's tied back into a ponytail. His hair is dirt blond.
Suggested environments: Outdoors, somewhat medieval times.
Anything else we need to know: No modern themes. If people don't know what a witcher is, I suggest Googling 'The Witcher'.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Goo

This time again already? Gosh.

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? But of course~!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee!
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil (though most of the time since then I was awful) and I've been told I'm pretty okay at it!

Character Name: Aidar
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/teapony
Species: Unicorn! (Of the flatface anthro variety?)
Personality: Generally warm and friendly, though he does tend to get bashful and flustered if presented with romantic attention/flirting.
Brief physical description of the character: A bit on the short and stocky side, his fur is a light dapple grey fading to white in some parts. His hair is short, curly and slate blue, large, gold eyes (with rectangular pupils!), his horn is somewhat short and garnet red, as are his hooves.
Suggested environments: Outdoorsy or a cute quaint teashop, non-modern settings preferred~
Anything else we need to know: Nothing I can think of!

Character Name: Olwyn
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=25812&page=58930
Species: Dragon! (More specifically, she's a Magic Crafter dragon from Spyro. :B )
Personality: Friendly and helpful, but very cautious in new environments and situations. Has a tendency to get snarky when uncomfortable.
Brief physical description of the character: Bright teal scales, pale yellow underbelly, bright blue eyes. Her horns are pronged and a medium brown color, her wing bones are a pinkish purple and the membrane between them goes from navy blue to a burgundyish color at the edges. The spikes along her back are dark pink with dark teal tips.
Suggested environments: Anything mountainy, she's usually found outdoors.
Anything else we need to know: If you wanna draw her in a Spyro level or surrounded by some Spyro-y creatures, go for it.

Character Name: Blake
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/wharfmangler
Species: Huge nerd Human (gasp!)
Personality: Has a tendency to come across as much grumpier than he really is. He's very energetic, curious and compassionate, and his short temper only makes itself known if provoked.
Brief physical description of the character: Teenage boy, average height. He's from(the Pokeverse equivalent of) Greek/Maori descent and it shows. Medium-dark complexion, black hair that shines dark brown in the sun, turquoise eyes. Hair's usually in a messy ponytail. (Go poke through his refs for more, I draw him a lot a lot.)
Suggested environments: Water! The boy's a fish. Anything outdoors or Pokemon-y works too.
Anything else we need to know: If you wanna draw him with his Totodile I'll probably cry happy tears.

Character Name: Masahiko
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/righteousfury
Species: Kirin (Disguised/glamoured as an elf)
Personality: Aloof and distant. He can be friendly enough in social situations, but it doesn't go much deeper than that.
Brief physical description of the character: Short, androgynous, Japanese elf. Straight, jet-black, waist-length hair, cut straight at the ends. Dark purple eyes. Usually dressed fancily.
Suggested environments: Anything fancy and/or Japanese
Anything else we need to know: If there is, it's probably on his page~

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) None of 'em know each other or exist in the same 'verse, but if you wanna, I won't stop you!
Anthony Hale (played anonymously)

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yessir
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler!
Why did you choose that category? I'm currently an art student in my first year of college, but have much to learn.
Examples

Character Name: Anthony Hale
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/voidpath
Species: Human
Personality: Anthony is very business oriented and although emotion is not foreign to him, he seldom ever displays his personal beliefs and behaves in any way that is detrimental to the success of his objective. This sometimes causes him to appear as cold or robotic.
Brief physical description of the character: At 5'11" and 217 lbs, Anthony is an average size with a more athletic build. He has black hair, either relatively short and parted on the right side, or medium length and brushed back. Facial hair is kept just a bit longer than stubble. Eye color is grey.
Suggested environments: Backwoods, Abandoned Warehouses, other urban jungle environments

Anything else we need to know:
Anthony will be often seen in public in neutral color clothing and carrying or holding a duffle bag, alluding to espionage purposes. Once out of civilian sight, he is often wearing combat equipment similar to GSG-9 Counter Terrorism Unit.

Further more, the description and environments I suggested are what I have explicitly put Anthony in this far, but please feel free to apply not only your own personal style, but maybe add your own touch or personal interpretation of his appearance and location as well. Consider my descriptions as strong suggestions or base designs. And most of all, have fun with him!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) N/A
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee
Why did you choose that category? I believe I fit it well, as I love drawing and am fairly good at it.

Character Name: Andromeda
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=22838
Personality: Extrovert, prideful, sarcastic
Brief physical description of the character: Curvy body type with lightly tanned skin. Long reddish-brown hair separated into two thick tails, tied at the base of her neck and reaching down to her waist. Sea green eyes.A black lace up vest over a white sleeveless top, which cuts off at her stomach. She has low rising black pants, with two brown belts overlapping and a red sash hanging behind her from her waist. Most current drawing by me can be found here: http://kawaii-kuroi-neko.deviantart.com/art/Andromeda-557077969
Suggested environments: Anything futuristic, but a bar might be very suitable
Anything else we need to know: She does have a companion listed in her profile but you don't have to draw him if you don't wish to.

Character Name: Fiona
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=48654
Species: Dryad
Personality: Overly kind and often in a dreamy state.
Brief physical description of the character: Petite with a slightly above average bust. She had forest green hair, falling to her buttocks; same color of fur on her legs. Her eyes are an orange color, similar to a setting sun. As a dryad, she had a human upper body, but below the knees she has the legs similar to a goat. She has ivory antlers protruding from either side of her head that curve slightly toward each other. She also has elongated ears.
Suggested environments: A forest setting
Anything else we need to know: She doesn't wear clothing very often unless she has to, but that does mean you have to draw her nekkid! Be as creative as you want.

Character Name: Naraethon
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=19085
Species: Wood Elf
Personality: Suave and charismatic.
Brief physical description of the character: Tanned with black hair; 'swooshing', long bangs and hair loosely tied back, falling past his shoulders. Forest green eyes. His ears are pierces. He has gold and silver loops on the longs of his ears and his right ear has a dangling silver spike, and his left has a white feather hanging from the lobes. Tribal style tattoos on the right side of his back, curving around and covering his right side as well. He does have a scar on his back, between his shoulder blades. Nara stands confidently, wearing brown vestments and well as black pants and dark brown leather boots. He fashions a black cloak over his shoulders, and holds a small arsenal of weapons beneath its folds.
Suggested environments: A forest setting, maybe? Or a village... Hmm
Anything else we need to know: Not really!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Fiona and Naraethon can be!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for the better portion of my life.

Character Name: Elika
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=55296
Personality: Confident in battle, a little recluse in conversation.
Brief physical description of the character: Messy, shoulder-length, pink hair. Tanned skin and hazel eyes. Physically fit and faint scarring on her body. For further artistic reference, please refer to her RPR profile.
Suggested environments: A snowy lodge warming by the hearth after a hard-fought battle.
Anything else we need to know: All other visual appearances can be found in her RPR profile. Her character has been cemented in the Monster Hunter series, feel free to draw inspiration from there. She works well in either fantasy, modern, or sci-fi settings, feel free to get creative!

Character Name: Zero
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=54947
Species: Elven in appearance
Personality: Laid back and funny guy, who remains reluctant in many situations.
Brief physical description of the character: Wavy, shoulder-length, white hair. Caramel skin with long, Elven ears. And red eyes, dipped in black sclera. Tall and built physique.
Suggested environments: Fantasy, modern, or futuristic. He's lived in them all, or he will live through them all.
Anything else we need to know: There is a strong lack of reference art for this character. So I will direct you to some sketches and fanart. Forgive me.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) YESSSSS!
Loki Topic Starter

All PM's have been sent! It was also pointed out to me that I made a typo and used the Midsummer Art Trade PM template, please refer to this thread for the due date! :) Can't wait to see all the artwork!!
GAH!
So excited!
Soon we can start uploading!!!
soon-9.jpg
Claine Moderator

QXImO34.jpg
On one hand I'm like exited
3d9e1c20a9216f525912d11dc845b368.gif

But on the other one... I'm afraaaaaaaid I'll be a dissapointment for the receiver
I tried
supersad.gif
Everyone loves free arts! Stick figures or super detail photo realistic stuff! Everyone gets all excited about free arts!
yayyyzzbydanny07312017d.gif
Ilmarinen Moderator

8 hours to midnight... !!!
Reima wrote:
On one hand I'm like exited
3d9e1c20a9216f525912d11dc845b368.gif

But on the other one... I'm afraaaaaaaid I'll be a dissapointment for the receiver
I tried
supersad.gif

You can't be disappointed in something that somebody's worked really hard on! :D Don't even worry about that!
This is going to be fantastic! So excited to see so many already just chomping at the bit! <3
I hope you guys are understanding me right
I mean that I will dissapoint the receiver

It's midnight here, has been for an hour
But I ain't gonna be that Internet queen to go FIRST
Oh wait, I already did. But I won't put the picture here first xD Nuh-uh
Reima wrote:

i feel you and understand you dw
i worry about disappointing the receiver too gurgles

I STILL WANNA POST THO.... but its not even the 5th here laughs
Reima wrote:

*whisper* I understood you and I meant you will not disappoint them so shhhh.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus