Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey!

Shibs

I suppose this is as good a time as any to introduce myself!

I'm not new to roleplaying, but I'm looking for a change of pace (and a friendly community). This seems to have both, which I am very excited about.

I do many things. By day, I am a middle school teacher. By night, I am a cosplaying, ghost hunting, polo-playing, rifle-shooting gamer. I also enjoy eating chips and salsa, and watching The Road to El Dorado.

That's about it!

I look forward to meeting you all.
Ryu

Aloha!

Hello!

Howdy!

Other Fanciful greetings!

What sort of roleplaying genre's do you prefer? How do you like being a middle school teacher? Whats your favorite costume? How many ghosts have you taken out? Are you a master of the polo? What sort of rifles are your favorite? What games do you place and on what system? Also The Road to El Dorado is the bees knees as well as all other bee parts.
Shibs Topic Starter

Oh! Excellent questions!

What sort of roleplaying genre's do you prefer? I'll try anything! I've been pretty rooted in fantasy lately, but historical fiction gets me pretty pumped up too.

How do you like being a middle school teacher? I love it! I teach social studies, and I love the challenge of getting 13 year olds excited about things like the Constitutional Convention. If I can do that, I can do anything. And 8th graders still laugh at my dumb humor.

Whats your favorite costume? Hawkeye from Full-Metal Alchemist, or Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time!

How many ghosts have you taken out? None, I'm afraid. But I've been able to do historical research with groups like TAPS (from the TV show Ghost Hunters). Which is super cool.

Are you a master of the polo? Heck no! I played for MSU before I broke my tailbone. And then I graduated. So now I just goof around.

What sort of rifles are your favorite? I have a .22 Anschutz Rifle named Leonidas! So I guess that one.

What games do you place and on what system? I've been playing on my desktop quite a bit lately. Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Elder Scrolls Online.

Also The Road to El Dorado is the bees knees as well as all other bee parts.
tumblr_mqjmnfjjt61r71c34o4_250.gif
Welcome Welcome to the friendliest site on the internet! So glad you could join us! I can't wait to see what you bring to this community! Nothing but good I hope :3
Ryu

Shibs wrote:
Oh! Excellent questions!

What sort of roleplaying genre's do you prefer? I'll try anything! I've been pretty rooted in fantasy lately, but historical fiction gets me pretty pumped up too.

How do you like being a middle school teacher? I love it! I teach social studies, and I love the challenge of getting 13 year olds excited about things like the Constitutional Convention. If I can do that, I can do anything. And 8th graders still laugh at my dumb humor.

Whats your favorite costume? Hawkeye from Full-Metal Alchemist, or Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time!

How many ghosts have you taken out? None, I'm afraid. But I've been able to do historical research with groups like TAPS (from the TV show Ghost Hunters). Which is super cool.

Are you a master of the polo? Heck no! I played for MSU before I broke my tailbone. And then I graduated. So now I just goof around.

What sort of rifles are your favorite? I have a .22 Anschutz Rifle named Leonidas! So I guess that one.

What games do you place and on what system? I've been playing on my desktop quite a bit lately. Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Elder Scrolls Online.

Opossom Grade awesome!
Welcome to the site :) Everyone I've met had been super friendly, and if you post an ad, you generally get tons of replies.
Welcome! And yes, this in an excellent place to find a friendly community. <3 And kudos to you for being a teacher!
Wow, my friend would LOVE to meet you, he loves Once Upon A Time and Ghost Busters. XD I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light too! Welcome to RPR, it's great to have you!

You sound like a teacher I'd love to have when I was younger, by the way! I'm sure you'll fit right in here!
Hey, and welcome to the site! You picked the right place to join then! Please do stay as long as you like.

Gonna have to agree with Lotus on this one-- I sure would be glad to have you as a teacher before! I could've helped you with cosplay materials while I do my homework or something, or even play rifle-shooting games with you. XD

Feel free to chat! Don't hesitate to ask any questions either if you have any concerns. :D
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hi, welcome!
Sanne Moderator

Shibs wrote:

Welcome to RPR! That is not just super cool, that is mind blowingly AWESOME! I loved that show a lot and I'm totes jelly! XD

You answered a whole lot of great questions, thank you! Are there any questions you have for us that we can answer for you? :)
Welcome to RPR! I'm super jealous of your work with TAPS, I used to watch Ghost Hunters ALL the time with my Mom :)

I also love that movie, but for probably different reasons than you! XD Hope you have a good time here! <3
Kim Site Admin

Ryu wrote:
Shibs wrote:
Oh! Excellent questions!

Opossom Grade awesome!
Seconding that! Thank you so much for the lovely intro, I can't wait to run into you around the site! :)
Hi there! I never would have guessed a teacher would roleplay, but it makes too much sense now that I think about it. x3
Asroc

Welcome to RPR! Feel free to friend me or RP with me!
Welcome. Enjoy yourself

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus