Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

Marianne raised her hand.
"If I may interrupt... There's Anthea. T'is far, but not as tricky a path, and I'm sure the people there will help us. I'm quite sure we're away from danger there, at least for now. I'm quite sure we'll find allies. I'd be quite surprised if we found none."
She took a deep breath.
"And I believe they were trying to become allied with your nation."
The Fournier princess looked between the young lady Marianne and the knight Adelbard, contemplating. "I am not sure if Anthea's loyalty would remain with us, but House Perringer has stood by House Fournier for who knows how long. I believe the safest possibility would be to seek refuge and plan to regain my family's- I suppose just mine now- rulership and your homes." She looks between the people, smiling with determination.
Fredrick looked down at the fire and saw that the hare's are ready. He stuck a stick into each one and picked them up from the fire and said "Breakfast is ready, you'll need to share!" He thought about what he'll get out of this. As he walked to the small group and said "Well this sounds like another job" He set his gazed at Catgerine and said sarcastically "Well another job means I get paid, but of course I haven't been paid for the last job because of some unforese-, my bad, foreseen events. So unless you can come up with something that can be used for payment, I think I'll be going...maybe go back to the castle and get paid there and possibly go after you three, two defenseless nobles and one knight shouldn't be too hard" His eyes gleamed at them as he passed a hare to Catherine and the knight
Rose Duggens (played by Derglet)

Immediately Rose grabbed Frederick by the ear and pulled him closer. "Wrong move, dog.. I promise I'll pay you afterwards, you filthy mutt. Sound like a deal? Anyway, who says they'll pay you? You might end up dead where you stand..." She released the boy and sat down once more, acting as if what had just happened didn't.

Marianne wanted to say something, but simply bit her tongue. She sat down and looked at everyone around her, trying to remember names so she wouldn't have to ask them again later. She tried to remember who was introduced to her, and who she'd already heard of, as well as those whose names came up in conversation.
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Adelbard narrows his dark eyes at Fredrick and his quiet threats, rubbing his thumb against his rapier's pommel. He's about to speak up when Lady Rose tears into the mercenary first. Once she has levied her sharp tongue against the man, the knight chimes in. "You'd best curb your tongue, Master Soldier. Lady Rose speaks truth--Lady Annisse would have you hanged for a supporter of the king. You raised arms against her own soldiers when you helped us escape, did you not? If you plan on turning coat like a base-court poltroon, then save us the trouble and get it out of the way." Adelbard can make no such promises of payment--the only coin he has is what jingles within his pouch, and while it would be quite a sum of silver for a peasant, surely it wasn't enough to pay Fredrick for a job. Finally he accepts the hare from the man, though he immediately passes it to Lady Marianne.

Marianne shook her head.
"Thank you, but I'm not hungry right now..." She looked at the ground and picked up a rock, in an attempt to distract herself. "You should have it, anyway."
Catherine narrows her eyes at the man, practically glaring daggers. "Thank you for the food at the very least." she says in an irritated tone of voice. Her glare is piercing, eyes like emeralds however no longer lit up and twinkling. I'll keep my eye on you for sure. After another moment of glaring she relaxed her expression and forced another happy smile. "I for one am rather hungry."

((Sorry I didn't check this at all yesterday! :( ))
Fredrick looked at the knight and said "In terms of mercanery work, it's not uncommon for other mercs to attack each other, plus as for what wear and do is no ordinary hired foot soldier" he looked at the knight justifying his fight. "Plus I'm an outsider to the other mercs there, for which they were very few since the job was just a simple scout mission and also..." He directed his gaze at Catherine "..it's not like your father was a warmonger so a lot of mercenarys pass on his offer" he explained to them. "If you can promise payment of some sort, I'll stay with you all, I am a mercanery of not only war but of other talents as well as I demonstrated with my forging" he said as he bowed to the group
Shala Pau'ah (played by Warmonger349)

Unknown to the foreigners, likely, a native humanoid had been watching them from the tree tops. She had been watching them since they had first entered the forest, trying to figure out who they are, what they are, and why they are here. She was reminded of the tales from when she was a pup, tales of the men in suits of iron who lives in giant stone houses. They were not one with nature, and were told as stories to bad children at night.

'If you disobey your parents, the Iron Men will coem to get you.'

Such memories of her childhood, a druid-in-training for the Aeda'nau. But now, the peace of the forest was disturbed by their clanking, stomping, and loud voices. It had ruined her meditations!

With a small huff at their idiocy, she readjusted her staff slung across her back, gripping the branch underneath her and nimbly leaping to a neighboring tree. But then, she knocked a stick to the ground, and she froze in place.

'Oh no... Now, they'll know I'm here!'

"Quell your idiocy, all of you! Did you not hear that?" The woman spoke in hushed tones, trying not to alert whatever was stalking them. That, and, she couldn't take these empty threats anymore. You are not a true Mercenary, dog. A true Mercenary is one ready to give their life for the one that has chosen them. Yes, they are paid, but isn't every Soldier? Aren't you meant to protect?

Marianne looked up at Rose.
"H-Hear what?" She had been too distracted to notice anything, really. Except, of course, for Rose's question.

She frowned when they suddenly went quite. They had noticed her, at least one of them. Probably more, though. Perhaps, she could reveal herself... Or, she should find a way to chase them out without being seen, but... They do not seem hostile. Well armed, yes. But not openly hostile. Her blue eyes searched through the party as she stealthily crawled along the branch she sat upon.

Eventually, she sighed to herself as she jumped down to a lower branch and leaned against the main trunk, clearing her throat to get their attention.

Marianne looked up at the one in the tree.
"W-Who's that?" she asked, slowly standing and backing up.

Adelbard wrinkles his nose. "T'is true, isn't it? Selling your honor to the highest bidder. And if a wealthier bidder comes along..." He trails off, shaking his head. In truth he's not sure how many mercenaries the Lady Annisse has in her employ. The knight seems like he's about to continue pressing the matter, but the sound of a snapping twig makes his head lift. He presses the hare-on-a-stick into Marianne's hand despite her protesting and lays his right hand upon the rapier at his hip. As the creature makes herself known, Adelbard's eyes narrow. He'd heard stories of the beast-folk that populate Indar's woods, and of their savage ways. There are no such races in Beauvralde, so he has no experience with them. "What do you want?" he calls out, speaking as slowly and clearly as possible. "We are but travelers. Let us be in peace..."
Fredrick also heard the snap and swung around with his crossbow drawn. He pointed it in the forest trying to look for the intruder, but in the back of his mind it could just be a wild animal

The druid would frown in confusion, not understanding a single word of the Man of Iron. She nimbly leaped down from her branch, cautiously approaching them as her sharp eyes glanced between the different pale outsiders. She made sure she was as unthreatening as possible to them as she approached on a sort of half-crouch, her back bent, as well as her knees. She would take slow, steady, light steps to them, her curiousity evident, as well as her supiscion. Then, she spoke. The words would be unknown, but musical in their own way.

"Shi'ah stiva coste? Semajj tet val Shala Pau'ah." She gestured to herself as she said her name, Shala Pau'ah.

Marianne started shaking and hid behind the tree.
"What are they saying? I don't understand!" she cried, panicking.

(She will chill later on. Right now she's still in panic. Too bad we aren't at the disco- //bricked)

While the others panicked slightly, or readied their blades, the young woman stood up and stepped forward. The way the newcomer said that last bit, she was certain they were telling them her name. She bowed slightly, before speaking. "Rose. Rose Duggens." The woman then looked over at her allies, motioning for them to come forward.

Adelbard hasn't drawn a single inch of steel, nor does he plan to if he can avoid it, though he does leave his hand lightly in place upon the pommel. The beast woman's words are gibberish to him, but after Rose introduces herself, the knight clears his throat and does the same. "I am Sir Adelbard Laudessagne of Upper Sueldey," he says with full formality. "You've scared the girl!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus