Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Arnold the Lesser (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

Arnold shakes his head at the notion of a Night Raven. But he nods, agreeing to his plan. "Aye, alright." He kicks his blade from its resting position and brandishes it close to his chest. His arms suddenly shiver and shake as he's reminded of the weight of the blade, and the lack of rest he's lost over time.
Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

Marianne squeaked.
"It can talk!" she exclaimed. "It can talk and it's going to eat us!" She wondered how the others could stay so calm. This thing looked like it was made of pure nightmares, and sounded like it, too.
Allec_Onstone (played by Theyakate)

Meanwhile at the Forest, Allec "the Evil Being Hunter" fought a great Beast Boar that killed 10 people and the size of it is 10 ft. tall with blood wrath eyes and sharp blooded husk. He had hard time fighting the beast that his sword can't penetrate the skin of the Beast, because its skin is like 10 folds of iron. Allec was thinking on "How can he defeat the Beast" but a few seconds that he has an idea on how. As the beast stare at him viciously with a great breath out of its nostril, Allec immediately run to a nearby tree and climb hurriedly while looking that the Beast just charged in the tree and keeps repeated it with full force. As the Beast continued hitting the tree, Allec saw a blind spot of the Beast that he jumped and stab it with his sword and hit on the Blind spot that located on the back of the beast. The beast was not yet down that it shake and jumped on a rampage while Allec was holding tight on his sword that stuck on the back of the Beast. Allec buried the sword deeply until the beast stop and fell into the ground with no life and breath. After that, Allec got down and pulled his sword then he look at the Beast Boar and said to himself " What a Beauty!. He knelt down on the ground and start cutting the tusk and skin off the boar " I would sell a high price for this".
After walking for quite a bite after planting the seeds, Fredrick happened to notice a young man off the side of the path, not to far in the forest skinning a rather large boar. He walked over to get a better look and said "Hey boy, do you need help skinning that beast, because I can help you skin it more smoothly for so the fur can be sold for a higher price". He only went over so he can keep his mind off group and maybe get something off the boy worth of value.

Allec look at the stranger and replied on a good tone "No, it's okay, because I got this.". Allec finish skinning and cutting the husk that he wrapped it with a rope then he carried it on his back. Allec look at the stranger and asked him a question " Excuse me sir, is there a nearby village here? because I need a place to stay and to sell this hunting goods".
He sighed at his offer, but perked up a bit and said "Yes, there is a village near by I was heading there now myself until I saw you skinning the boar" he gestured the boy to follow him back onto the path and head towards the village.

As they walk toward the village, "Sorry If I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Allecos but you can call me AL or Allec if you want to."
Fredrick glanced at him and said "Well, Alec I'm Fredrick, Fredrick Augustine, a hessian mercanery. So what brings you here to this land, hmm?" his gaze returned back onto the path and waited for his response

"Well I heard this land is filled with wonders and it makes me wanna travel all the lands just to see its beauty and also just doing some business by selling some hunting goods." They arrived at the village in a short time, "Well I guess I'll see you around Mr. Fredrick and thanks for the guiding me here" .As Allec finish his word he grab something from his bag and gave him a extra fur from the Beast Boar "Please accept this as my thanks and don't worry about paying for this".
Catherine is trying her very best not to panic but at this point, she knows that the group can't escape this new threat forever. She backs away slowly as she was instructed, wanting to not deal with the threat itself right away.

((Sorry guys I have been so busy!! I'm going to try to post more. I hope everything was okay while I was gone!))
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(I was trying to wait for Rose, but I think I'll go ahead and post to keep things moving :))

The Night Raven's croaking voice makes Adelbard clench his teeth, shudders crawling down his spine. He lets out a few more mumbled Beauvraldi curses, though repeats one phrase with increasing frequency. The knight seems to draw strength from it as he shoos away the three noblewomen and begins to advance on the Night Raven. "Vile fiend," he spits. "F-fight me... fight me!" His rapier and armor gleam pale, especially compared to the vast darkness that is the abomination he faces off against. As he lunges towards it, he cries, "Run, my ladies!" Unaware that if they flee, they would flee towards Kraven and Arnold...
Archives of Animus (played by Draken901)

The Night Raven screeches once more, chirping back into speech soon after. "You are... either brave... or entirely... foolish..." It cranes it's head and picks up the pace as if it's about to lunge at Adlebard...
Catherine does as she's told, grabbing the hands of the other noblewomen as well as she hurries away as fast as her aching feet can take her.

Adelbard barks out a curt laugh at the Night Raven's comment, finding his humor even in fear. "Per-perhaps a mix of the two!" He falls silent as he darts left at the last moment to narrowly avoid the creature's snapping beak. Whirling, he aims a flurry of quick stabs at its head while it passes, mostly just probing it for weaknesses ... and buying the noblewomen time to escape. He doesn't expect his rapier to do much of anything to the vile fiend, but he can hope ...

The Night Raven snaps it's beak at Adelbard, and narrowly misses. It whips around after being jabbed with the rapier, attempting another lunge at Adelbard's torso, emitting a monstrous snarl while it does so.
Zeki Morgan (played by maxd234)

After gorging himself on a lonely peasant, who strayed too far from village. The rather large snake man(Gorgan, naga, or whatever you call a half man half snake) slithered in the forest taking in the breeze on his body, since he covers his face with a porcelain mask. But the sounds of a rather large bird in the distant grabbed his attention. He started to slither in that direction cautiously wondering what it is.
Helena Archant (played by Virtu)

The forest blurred as she rushed on. Brambles crackled beneath the rapid fall of clothed feet, and the gnarled roots of trees caught her toes time and again. With panicked, stumbling run, Helena spared no thought for place nor direction; all that spurred her on was fear of those dark claws, that shadowy visage formed to slay, intent to kill.

Oh, Adelbard, take care against the frightening beast! Be wise!

A looping root made a trap for her foot; fully inserted, it caught her and she fell hard into a brush full of brambles. Spitting out dirt, her hands scrambling against the thorny barbs, Helena raised herself up, trying once again to run onward, but was caught by the hem of her dress, which the claws of nature had knotted intricately.

"Oh... Oh no," she groaned. "Marianne! Marianne! Don't stop! Go on without me!"

Struggling, she tried to pull the thorns out, and pierced her fingers in the thicket. The blood slickened her hands, and they slipped. A choked sob escaped her.

As he lays into the cretin, Adelbard thinks briefly of the noblewomen. His success or failure could determine whether they live or die. If he can just keep the beast distracted for long enough ...

The aberration's lunging maw snaps him back to reality and he twists partially out of the way. The night raven's beak shrieks against the knight's steel breastplate, scoring the metal. In such close quarters, Adelbard raises his rapier and attempts to hilt it in an eye socket, using the monster's own momentum against it. Would I be a coward if I fled? the man thinks with a grimace. He's no good to anyone if he's dead ... but he dares not disengage until his ladies have reached some semblance of safety.
Zeki Morgan (played by maxd234)

It wasn't long for Zeki to find were all the commotion was coming from. From behind a tree a he saw everything, the Raven, the knight and the two Princess. He decided to stay hidden curious on what will happen next. Of course he kept an eye on the two women...potential meal possibly since he never had nobility before asumming they are since how they dress.

The Night Raven screeches as the rapier is lodged in it's eye socket, it jerks away making it slip out. It screeches in it's otherworldly voice once more. "You shall pay for that petty human...!" Right after, it takes flight, soaring through the air, and does a u-turn, attempting to dive bomb into Adelbard claws and talons first.

Meanwhile...

"One of the maidens got stuck in a thicket not far to the southeast of here... your call Arnold..." Kraven says as he fixes his hat.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus