Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Rose Duggens (played by Derglet)

"Filthy Dog... You can't even properly justify your actions... Anyway... You can speak English, correct? Why don't you use that 'talent' more often? Because I don't remember you saying anything at all. All I did was give suggestions, while you attempted to kill me. Again, does that make you such a man inside?.."
Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

Marianne giggled, then motioned to herself as Catherine had done.
"Marianne!" she exclaimed. This encounter had offered enough distraction to pull her out of her sadness. She seemed to be ignoring the arguing.
Before Fredrick got get away from the group, Fredrick had a feeling Rose would say something. He quickly turned around, drew his crossbow and fired a bolt at her. The projectile itself missed her head and breezed very closely to her cheek, hitting a tree behind her. "Say another insulting word to me, Rose, this will hit between your eyes" he said as he placed another bolt on it and cocked it. "Like I said if you need me I'll be over there" he said as he holstered his crossbow behind his back and turned his back on the group. He placed his hand on the saber expecting a more violent confrontation as he walked towards the tree by the small fire.

Rose appeared unfazed by the shot, maybe even expecting it. And afterwards, she began laughing. "I thank you for humouring me.... I have one question, though. Why didn't you hit me? Now it's a waste of a shot..." She glanced at the bolt beside her head.
Shala Pau'ah (played by Warmonger349)

She tilted her head to the side, stopping half-way from hugging her. She could see in his eyes he only meant to guard the woman, so she slowly stepped back from the. She gave him a soft, reassuring smile as she did so, nodding her thanks to the woman again before giving the mercenary another nervous glance. She turned to the Sehr, giving him another reassuring smile.

She would have to report that one man to the Elders. He could be a threat, and probably was, seeing as he held his weapon to her throat. If he had done that in the village, he would have been killed in a second. The Druids were some of the most important people to the Aeda'nau, second only to the Elders. They interpreted signs from the Spirits, and made peace with the angry ones. They could also, if they are powerful enough, summon the beasts of the Forest to aid their warriors in battle.

And now he shot at Roos Roos Doogehns?! How dare he, she would not allow him to enter the village, and she would make him know it!

"Qweu tah maoi shata'coa Aeda'nau nac!"
He looked back at her and said "In respect for the currently depose lady Catherine, I decided to fire next to you. Plus from where that shot would have gone it would strike your jaw and you'll be screaming in agony, attracting to much attention" he arrives at the tree and leaned on it as he crossed his arms across his chest seeing the tribal spitting out jimberish

At that, her ears would fold back and her lips drew back in an animalistic snarl. She would not tolerate his indifferent attitude, his violence, his... His... Jerkiness! She took a single step towards him as her eyes started to glow a leaf green, and vines quickly slithered down the tree he leaned on, and roots spring out of the ground he stood upon.

Quickly, they started wrapping around his limbs as she growled athim. They would be tight enough to keep him from attacking her, but they would pose no threat to him in any way, shape, or form.

Once she reached him, she reached up and...

Slapped him. No punching, nor scratching, nor anything that could really hurt him. Just a simple slap. And a string of harsh, foreign words.

The woman walked over to the two and grabbed the creature's shoukder, leaning in to her ear. "Hey, come on now... That's my thing... No-one slaps him on my behalf except for me. Actually, as I promised to pay him, I will say no-one slaps him in general unless it's me. What do you say, Freddy?"
"Oooo I haven't been in binds since I was in Ingel" he said as he saw the roots take hold. He just looked at the tribal as she approached him. Once she slapped him and started say words to him, he smiled underneath his scarf and said "Kinky, eh?" He looked at Rose and said "Well three is a party"

"Y-you filthy... D-dog... Know what? Go wild. Kill him for all I care... Have fun." She patted Shala's shoulder and rejoined the others. You really are a stupid mutt...
"Woof, woof" he said towards Rose as she walked away. He returned his gaze towards the tribal, seeing if his red Ruby eyes could influence the being and said "So what now, creature of the forest?"

She smirked at the woman, before giving the man a punch. Right in the nose. She knew she wasn't the strongest Aeda, by far, but she did know that being punched in the nose would hurt anything. She shook her hand after the punch, doing her best not to wince (Spirits, punching things hurts!) as she turned around with a triumphant grin and bounce to her step, letting the vines and roots return to their places.

I really need to punch people more... That felt good. It hurt, but it felt good!
After receiving the punch, his noise went into a stinging sensation, in which he grabbed seeing if was broken, once again, not his first time being punched in the noise, but obviously won't be his last, for him it wasn't broken. He decided to scare the tribal a little bit and got up next to her ear and said "I'm still heeerrrrre and free from your roots" seeing if that would faze her by any chance

She let out an 'eep' and turned around, giving him another fearful state before she stepped away from him and threw up a wall of roots between them. She hoped that, one day, she would be able to understand them... And possibly avoid this whole situation!
"Impressive roots" he said as looked at the wall of roots. Seeing he won't have to deal with Rose's insults, he decided to sit by the fire and watch it crackle and burn before his very eyes. As he watched, he remember he nabbed some precious gem stones from the castle as the chaos insured there. He took out his pouch and saw the shiny stones of sapphire, emerald, and ruby. His eye's glisten in sight of the stones, such beauty and such value.
Catherine just watched with a smirk as the fight happened, then seeing the fight de-escalate. She sees him ogling her possessions, or at least her family's, and walks to him and attempts to snatch them away from him. "Oh, you are so kind to grab those for me! Maybe I was wrong about you." She says, voice laced with sarcasm. Planning on pawning off my belongings right in front of me, eh? Fool.
He immediately got up and moved the pouch full of gems away from her, putting it inside his coat. "I don't believe they belong to you anymore, Missy" he said to her looking at her. "These are mine now, not yours" he added as he rested his hand on his sword
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The next set of events unfolds very quickly, and the knight doesn't entirely know how to handle it. Dark eyes fly wide open as Fredrick fires off a crossbow at one of the noblewomen. "By the gods!" the knight roars after a few moments of silent gaping. The beast woman's magic stays his actions as well--magic is not common, and wizards and sorcerers are often seen with mistrust. Finally, once Fredrick has sat down to ogle the gemstones, Adelbard draws his rapier once more and storms over to the fire. He levels the blade's point at the man. "She said to give back what's hers. I suggest you do so and then leave."
Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

Marianne watched the scene, but didn't do anything.
He's dangerous, regardless of if he's here or not... It's safer to keep an eye on him... Should I say something? No, I'm sure they know... she thought, looking at the trees.

Shala may not.speak the common tongue, but she could tell that they wanted him gone. And now, she had a reason to chase him away from the forest. Thievery and attempted murder. She frowned as more roots slithered up around him, twelve agile, strong, and thick wooden tendrils all poising themselves to strike. A smaller root would yank the bag away from him and drop it into Caaathureen's hands while Shala, herself, stood next to Sehr. She glanced to the knight, giving him a small wave before she glared down to the bad man.

"Shoqa tao mah pi'a tet!" She pointed to the edge of the forest edge, her message quite clear: Leave her people's lands, or suffer the consequences. His evil, unlawfulness would not stand here.

"Ciita cao-ma tikom olia mashita korjj! Iama colsha mas mas tuma chano!" She then pointed off to the deeper woods as a not-too-distant pack of Direwolves howled. Being a druid, she had control over the very Spirits of the Forest. Druids were responsible for keeping the Forests tame, lest they violently bring about the destruction of everything. They also protected the Forests from outside threats, as well as managed spiritual messages and what not.

But Shala was still in training, and could only manipulate roots and vines, or a few average sized creatures. She could not control a basilism, or a full on oak tree, yet. That will take many, many years. Hell, it took her most of her life to get from training birds as messengers in a few moments to where she is now, and she was considered above average in terms skill. But the Outsiders didn't have to know that, did they?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus