Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

"I see, deny my payment for the last job and potentially deny my payment for this current job...well I hope you nobles are happy that you took my payment away" he said looking at he knight"And here I thought I was going to help you, but I see you don't want me then" he continued looking at each and ever one of them. When his eye's gazed on upon the tribal, it clicked into his head that she was druid since he encountered the human looking ones back in old village in England practicing similar magic, when he was passing though and an idea popped into his head, knowing he won't be able to fight a druid and a knight at the same time, decided to escape and nab back the gems he rightly deserves. He picked up couple of sticks from the fire and throw them at different trees, seeing if they are distracted by the fire, he could get the gems and run to get out of te forest since it was druid country. Seeing the tree's catching on fire and spreading, he leaped towards Catherine and went for the gems. After he should grab them, he would make a b-line to the village he knew was around and then get out before the druid could send creature after him.
Everything happened so quickly, Catherine hardly had a chance to react. She yelled after him, "THERE'S your payment! Keep going if you don't feel like being useful and keeping your mouth shut." She composed herself quickly, then looking to the growing fire. "Oh no." She searched her possessions, trying to find any sort of water or anything to smother the flames.
Rose Duggens (played by Derglet)

Rose looked behind her and assessed the scene. Her eyes widened at realization. Fire equals smoke and smoke raises to the sky. The Castle wasn't too far, nor was a village, and the smoke would raise suspicion and they would be caught. Add a couple of moving vines and beasts and they had a party... Oh, and who could forget a man running away from their location who was the same man that fled with them? "We have to move, quickly! If we stay here any longer, we'll be caught, or at least burnt alive!"
Fredrick with gems in hand, didn't care for Catherine's call. He had what he wanted and he plans to make a clear get away. As he ran, he stuffed the gems back into his coat, dodging branches and roots making sure he wouldn't lose his footing. He felt great that he didn't have to be in that group any more, he felt free finally and with payment in hand can do what he wants. Interestingly, he made it towards the road that lead to a village and to the castle. Of course heading the castle, would possibly be a death sentence but heading towards the village sounded like a good idea, but he knew he would have to get there fast before the fire started to spread. Fredrick in his mind knew his objective, get to the village, find a horse and get out before things got too hot...literally. So he decided to run in the direction of the village.
Shala Pau'ah (played by Warmonger349)

The sight of the burning trees caused her great sorrow, as well as anger. She glared after the man, even as she felt the pained calls of the burning trees, brining her to her knees. She wrapped her arms around herself, silently sobbing as she saw the forest fire quickly pick up. Already, her sensitive ears could pick up the pained screams of the wildlife. All of this proved to much for her, and she broke down, her mind a single, depressed mess, her subconscious promising vengeance upon that man should he ever dare enter this forest again.

"Sci... Sci cama tow macha'nai... Sal teem kash... k-kashni..." She muttered out, seemingly oblivious to the scattered Chaos of the other Outsiders around her.
Archives of Animus (played by Draken901)

(playing as Kraven or Fantasy 1 on profile)

Suddenly, furious blasts of wind from an unknown source put out the fires, including the campfire. After several moments of silence and darkness, crows and ravens, with blue glowing eyes perch in the trees, looking down at the group below.
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Adelbard doesn't heed Shala much as she stands beside him, still not fully trusting of her--possibly he'll never be. The sound of wolves howling makes the hair on the back of his neck stand on end and his grip tightens up on his rapier. He doesn't know that they're being controlled by the beast woman, and even if he did, he probably wouldn't trust her power. "Nay," he tells Fredrick. "I've no desire to occupy space with a knave like yourself, Master Soldier!"

The fire poses a much more immediate problem. Rose is entirely correct about the smoke, which makes the knight grit his teeth and look to the sky in dismay. He hurries to Catherine's side to protect her from ash or embers that may fall from the trees--there must have been a drought for them to have caught so quickly! Then, just as soon as it had caught, the fire's gone, and wind is tearing through the trees. Adelbard steels himself, squares his shoulders and wraps his arms around Catherine, once again to protect her from any refuse that may get kicked up in the gale. As the last of the smoke disappears into the early morning sky and the corvids settle in the branches, the Beauvraldi gently reaches out for Marianne's sleeve to get her moving away from the area, gesturing for Catherine and Rose to follow him. (At this point, Shala is ignored--he doesn't beckon to her, but nor does he threaten her or push her away.)

Wolves, and now those dreadful birds... they look like a grave omen of the reaper, like psychopomps themselves!

(I made a discussion thread for this RP that's separate from the LFRP topic. You can post there if you want to "save your spot" in the post order, or if you want to do something larger scale than just character interactions, stuff like that :))
After getting some distance away from the group, Fredrick didn't smell burning anymore, which made him stop running and made him look back. Seeing the clouds not there anymore, made him sigh in relief thinking that there ok. Burning a few trees in his mind seemed to be an excellent distraction for him to make a clean get away, but at the cost of the Druid. Fredrick learned quite a few things from the Druids he encounter back in England and one of those things was to forgive one. Seeing that the Druid he encountered with the group wasn't human, but he hoped the same would apply or at least convey some message. Out of his back pocket he took an acorn and two berry seeds. From the Druids in England, they said "To take a life from the Earth, you must create life, as life and death are a cycle, to apologize to a Druid for killing something in his domain (aka in the forest) you must create life to take place what you have killed". To Fredrick those words stuck to him and it would explain why he kept an acorn with him since Druids pride on oak trees. He went off the road a bit and found a good spot to plant the acorn and berry seeds. As he planted the seeds into the ground, he hoped that beastly Druid would some how knew about his planting and would accept his apology for burning down the trees. He soon left the spot of where he place the seeds and return back onto the road heading towards the village
Catherine stays still and goes with Adelbard's instructions for safety. Her gaze goes back to the druid. She gives a tiny wave goodbye and a smile as she follows after the knight. "We were lucky... maybe they won't be suspicious, but we likely shouldn't take that chance."

The crows and ravens in the trees begin to squawk and chirp, still looking down at the group below, some begin flying around the area in circles, eventually perching back onto the trees and plants. Their eyes look otherworldly, for they glow blue, and don't seem to have irises. If one were to look at them closer, they would notice the birds' beaks and talons look unusually sharp.
Shala Pau'ah (played by Warmonger349)

Shala would blink, wipingnher tears away as the fires were put out. She could also feel the new seeds being planted. With a small smile, she mentally forgave the man, even as she followed after the others. She knew, now, that the Bad Man's actions were not purely hostile. They were, if anything, mostly a cover. But for what? She will figure that out later. For now, she would have to come with them, make sure they are safe from the angered spirits of the forest.

They seem like they are running from something... Perhaps she could take them to the village? No, no... She'll just have to think on it as she followed them.

Adelbard doesn't like the look of those birds. His gauntleted hand closes around Catherine's and he assists her over fallen logs and ditches, though he pauses every so often to help Marianne and Rose along as well, making sure no one falls behind. "Aye, my lady, t'is true we mustn't rest on our laurels. At least now our party is one man smaller..." He looks over his shoulder to the druid following them like a stray puppy... they hadn't even fed her! "... well, it briefly was, at least," he sighs. Fredrick was a capable fellow and the going would be hard without him. The scolding of the crows makes a shiver crawl up his spine and he quickens his pace a little. "Does... does anyone know what those are?" he whispers to the group at large. The sooner they're out of the area, the sooner he can let his guard down a little bit.

Meanwhile...

The group are indeed being followed, but not as close as they think. Deep within the forest... a man with a steel plague doctor's mask follows their steps, with the birds watching and following the group as well.
"It seems that they might be of nobility or guard, depending on how they look. I'm still not sure if they're just going to a ball through the woods and had to stop for a bit, or they are escaping from something... one of them fled towards the village earlier and caused a fire, which I had to put out while you were taking a piss in a bush. Either way, they are the people we're looking for. How do you think we should approach them Arnold..?"
Arnold the Lesser (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

Greatsword in hand, he follows side-by-side with Kraven. His fear of the forest latching onto him, the howl of wolves, further provoking his dark inner fears. Well armoured, and clothed in a bright shade of blue plumage, his steps invoking the sound of the metal clanking. Ideally, not the best in this situation, but is present none-the-less. His face fully bearded, and messy, possibly due to the lack of care and grooming during his almost endless time stuck out in this forest.

Earlier, Arnold emptied his flask of moldy water, fearing drinking it might cause sickness. As Kraven brought up him pissing in a bush, he huffs and sighs. "For the last time, I WASN'T pissing, I was emptying my flask." He says annoyed. "Anyway, I'd say we approach them cautiously. Possibly introduce ourselves, lower our weapons yeah? I dunno..."
The former heiress cast her gaze to the sky, seeing the strange birds. "Crows...? They look rather different than the variety I've seen however." she said in a hushed tone. She began to grow worried after examining them. "Bad omen perhaps. This does not look good..."

After a few moments of silence...

"Hmm... I have a rather entertaining idea, atleast for me that is... I could scare them a bit with my crows and ravens, change them into something else, bigger, or more vicious looking, and then make them try to "attack" them... Then we go in and "slay" all my summoned beasts, they'll treat us like heros, or be in awe for a bit, and then that's when we strike. We kidnap that Catherine girl. The one on the contract from that Aniss... Annie... Anise... Lady? that said she went mad or something and killed her father? That's what she done correct?"

"...You got any more ideas Arnold?"
Arnold the Lesser (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

A sound idea, he thought. But he'd much rather a more quicker way of dealing with them than toying with them. He thinks for a second and comes blank without a better idea. He was never much of a thinking type. He does think killing them straight away is a little disrespectful, so he's fine with this idea. He shrugs. "Sure. But let's make it quick yeah? I need that money to go home."

"Charent mon treau chegnir!" Adelbard utters in his native tongue, the words untranslated though very obviously some sort of curse. "No doubt spies of the Vaummieu-Linit, the White Death... come, my ladies, we must hurry!" He picks up his pace even more, switching between leading the noblewomen and trailing behind them to assist whoever is at the back. It's not long before his swift pace and heavy armor have him softly panting, with sweat beaded on his brow. He does his best to leave the crows behind, but everywhere he looks he seems to see another one, its glowing blue eyes trying to nail his feet to the forest floor.

"We only need to kill the girl, not the entire group Arnold... she said we needed to bring back a finger or foot or something as evidence that we killed her, or don't come back at all..."

Seeing the group hurry, he orders his birds to keep following, the birds trailing them each and every step.

"We need to make haste, they're getting quite suspicious about my summons and have decided to start sprinting and such... I might need to drive them back deeper into the forest..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus