Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Shala Pau'ah (played by Warmonger349)

She slowly stood straight, folding her hands and pointing her finger tips towards her feet, holding said hands just in front of her exposed belly as she bowed to her. Her smile was small and soft, almost sweet as she acknowledged their greetings.

"Cey'asta mov, Roos Roos Doogehns. Cey'asta mov, Sehr Aadeel... Sehr... Sehr!" She giggled as she failed at pronouncing the man's name, deciding to just call him by the first part of his foreign name, 'Sehr.' She noted his hand on the iron weapon, but also knew from his stance that he was only being cautious. She could reapect that, of course. Noting the panicking girl, she tilted her head to the side as her ears fold downward and her face takes on an almost saddened expression. She hadn't meant to scare the poor girl!
Fredrick still had his crossbow still aimed at the stranger. From past experiences had told them that even the ones who seem friendly are not. He remained silent not wanting to give his name
Rose Duggens (played by Derglet)

Rose was slightly stumped, wondering what exactly the creature was saying. Giving up, she gave a frustrated sigh. "The only things I can infer are that it's hungry, it's not hostile or it wants us to out our weapons down. To which, I say we should along with all three. It's alright to be cautious, but... Don't outright make it feel threatened. Got that, Dog?"
Still pointing the crossbow at the stranger and be angered being called a dog Fredrick replied angerily "Well you just told me three things that you infer and all those can have disastrous results, think about our situation for a minute, we have no allied, we are wanted and maybe being currently being hunted down so obvious I am not so in the feeling in the trusting department, you cumberworld"

(The Roos Roos Doogehns part was her trying to pronounce Rose's name. Rose Rose Duggens. Just an FYI)

Shala's confusion only grew as they started arguing with one another. She slowly stepped back, afraid she had done something to anger them. As always. She always seems to be angering or annoying people, but why? What had she done wrong?! Her ears folded back as her face wore a combination of fear, sadness, and confusion and she shrunk to the ground.

It should be rather clear by now her rather timid nature, and how friendly her intentions had been. She should have listened to her elders, and never gone to the forest edge.

"...What exactly is a 'Cumberworld'?? That's the highest amount of idiocy I've heard from you yet, stupid mutt. And, if you had an IQ level higher than that of a stone, you would realise that since they do not speak our language, they would have no idea about such things. How would that twisted witch convince such a creature to come after us if they do not speak English?" Rose spoke once more, not facing the male. She already detested him for his dishonourable ways- No way was he a true Mercenary. But this display of readied violence was not needed. If the creature truly was looking for a battle, it would choose more wisely. Considering how it acted, it would realise it was clearly outnumbered.
Fredrick dealt with people like Rose but today wasn't just his day to tolerate one since after what all just down a couple of days ago. Seeing the being back off, besides his better judgement, he swong his crossbow at Rose and said "You know I'm not in the mood to deal with your shinagans and I will not hesitate to put you down if I have too and I am tempted" His glared at her telling her that he is serious about pulling the trigger on her "Putting you down will definitely reduce the group size" he added looking at her. "If I wasn't so smart then I how god's name did I live to be 3 decades and 5 years, my profession most men don't survive pass 25 and if they did, there usually missing fingers, toes, hands, arms, legs. I am the rarity that has survived this long in my profession with only scars and other healed wounds" he continued making sure that every heard him. "One more thing a Cumberworld is a useless person, just there to take up space...it's an old English term I learned a couple jobs back" he said to her with a smile underneath his scarf that covers his face but not eyes.

Seeing the man point his crossbow at the nicer woman, she suddenly marched forward and forced his crossbow down. She pointed an accusing finger at his face as she gave him an angry glare. How dare he go around, seemingly insulting and threatening everyone? She would have a word with him, that's for damned sure!

"Sa-il cyal kah toli'majjah! Sta'oli mani caoto-ii mei tejj!" She looked over to the Kind Woman, giving her a small smile before she wipped her head back to the Mean Man, still having a few harsh words for him

"Tew kata mai tai sha'allo macki? Secli maena toshi kath moali taet! Shaq'li mav tajj mai'ta!"
Fredrick glared at the being for pushing down his crossbow. His eyes full of anger that this thing has interrupted him giving a commoners/warriors lesson to that horrible woman who understands nothing in his eyes. He decided to drop his crossbow, making the being see he's given up, instead drew his saber at being pointing it at the neck of the being. "Alright pup, I am thinking about giving you a free pass but this is does not concern you" he said looking at him with eyes that say kill on them. "I know you may not understand I'm saying but I hope body language and visuals give you a clue on what I mean" he said to the being before Rosa could possibly insult him once again about the being unable to understand him

Shala is not a fighter at heart, that much can be seen by her reaction at this cold bastard. Her pupils went to the size of pinpricks as she froze in place from shear terror. She whimpered from the cold steel being held at her throat, yet she cannot bring herself to move away, or do anything, really.

'By the Spirits, he's going to kill me! The tales were true, the Iron Men are all evil monsters! Spirits, help me!' A fearful tear fell down her face as her panicked mind goes into overdrive and she goes to the verge of sobbing in pure terror, clearly thinking she thought she was going to die. His dark words (threats, as she can tell) only struck fear into her mind and heart even more.

"The only reason you've gotten this far without losing a limb or eye is because you fail to do your duty- Protect. I can clearly see that, due to your consistent greed. And here you are, threatening someone else. Why don't you think a little bit before jumping straight into senseless violence? Does that make you any better? Bigger? Your quarrel is with me, not our little friend here. Please do not continue on with this stupid choice of yours. I may not be the strongest, but I at least can think. And I believe that harming them would only bring more violence down the road. We wouldn't want crazy Forest Folk surrounding us and killing us, would we?" Rose spoke, looking over at Fredrick now. Her face remained expressionless as her eyes held pride in them.
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Adelbard's expression freezes over as Fredrick levels arms at his supposed allies. Having turned away just briefly to make sure Marianne and Catherine are alright, he is not quick enough to deal with Fredrick when the crossbow is out, but makes it over to the confrontation once the mercenary had bared steel. By then Adelbard has drawn his rapier though he doesn't yet raise it against anyone. He attempts to interpose his armored form between the three of them and would extend his arms to keep them apart.

"Master Soldier, we are in dire straits, and as loathe as I am to admit it, we need all the manpower we can muster. But if you must continue to bare steel at anything that blinks at you the wrong way, then I must ask that you take your leave immediately--either by your own feet, or on the point of my blade. Now, do you insist on continuing this nonsense? Or shall you be sensible and sheathe your weapon?" That isn't to say he trusts the beast girl either--his dark eyes are frosty and he occasionally shoots her a wary sidelong glance, as thought she might decide she's hungry and try to chew off Rose's leg or something of the nature.
Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

Marianne stepped out from behind the tree.
I suppose if Rose trusts them, they can't be that bad... she thought, approaching the group.
"Please stop fighting... It won't solve anything, and it's just... just pushing yourselves farther than you already were!"

The now shaking Aeda'nau tribe girl was, still, locked up in her fear of the man, silent tears continued to slide down her face as she looked upon all the bad men. One had almost killed her, and now they were yelling at each other again. We're the Men of Iron always so mean to each other all the time? No wonder children were told these stories to make them obedient.

Her blue eyes darted between the two males as she took a step back, then another, squeaking as she bumped into the Nice Woman by accident. When she looked around to her, she whimpered as she feared the worst for a moment, before slightly calming down at the sight of Roos Roos Doogehns. She gulped, turning back to the still yelling men before she shuffled around so she was standing behind Roos Roos Doogehns.

"Sci cao pa'au tol macha?" She asked her, more so talking to herself than anything.
Seeing that almost everyone was against him for putting up a blade against this unknown person, he lowered his sword. He looked at both Rose and the Adelbard and said "Fine, but if it becomes a liability it's on your head, Rosey" as he pointed his finger at her. "Congratulations everyone, just ignore the advice of a man who's been in the horrible outside world and not stuck in the King's court eating nothing but the fine foods and drink and wearing the finest of clothes, completely oblivious to the world around them" he said with attitude as he went to pick up his crossbow. "No wonder the overthrow was so successful" he grumbled.
Marianne (played by Light_Of_Love)

"We are not as completely clueless as you think, Sir," age said, emphasizing the 'Sir', obviously meaning for him to take offence.
Catherine had been watching from a distance at this. She sighs, slowly approaching the beastly creature, hands up to show she is unarmed. She kneels slightly, not too close to them. "Catherine." she says, pointing at herself. She offers a gentle smile towards the being. "You... are... safe." She says slowly, knowing she can't be understood but hoping her voice was at least slightly calming. She held her hands up once more, as if to signify to wait. She stands and turns towards the rude mercenary.

"I'm afraid I didn't quite hear that last part, Fredrick." She scoffed, voice irritated and pointed but not to the point of yelling. "And besides. I never really heard any 'ideas' out of you so I've heard. All I have seen and heard is you arguing with an innocent young lady for no reason and threatening to kill her. Please don't behave so foolishly, I'm afraid your stupidity will cause you many a misfortune."

She returns her gaze to the beastling, expression changing from irritation to calmness once more. She slowly nods to them.

Shala would immediately start to calm down at her voice and expression. The new Iron Woman... Wait, she had no Iron. Most of the woman, didn't, in fact. They only had very colorful clothes, it looked like. In fact, none of them except the Bad Man had Iron on. Perhals they weren't just Iron People, it seems...

She sniffled once as she slowly walked towards her, still casting a fearful glance towards the man with the crossbow every now and then. When she reached the woman, the Aeda'nau druid would give her a smile as she gave her a tight hug.

"Cey'asta mov, Caaathureen. Meshka tulu'ah."
His angrily gazed turn towards Catherine. "Oh of course I can tell you the last part princes...I mean Catherine" he said insultingly. "Actually I'm pretty sure you heard it, so I'm not gonna to tell you" he added looking at her. "I hoped you could have seen my idea on dealing with that thing when I drew my bow and blade at it, but let me tell you then...I was planing, A, to scare it off, or B, kill it and quite possibly skin it since no doubt that fur will fetch top coin on the market, an excellent coat or a great throw rug" he said as he glanced at the tribal. "Oh and my reasoning in arguing at that doll, is because she has one big mouth for a noble who has no title and no land. Which is also the same you as well, Cathy, you are just a peasant who wears fancy clothing now, since you are not a royal anymore, you have no home, no kingdom, and no money. The only thing you have for value is maybe your body and clothes that you have on her back and that's about it...maybe you should just accept your fate and live a quiet peaceful existence, because being overthrown is pretty common in this day of age, like the House of Rodan being overthrown to the House Ravenclaw and the House of Valsis overthrown to the House Bourbon" he said to her with anger and rage, all of this from the calumniation on of the overthrow since it was his fist time being the overthrowe and not the Overthrower. "Well if you need me, just yell out for help as it that thing chews your neck, I'll be over by the small fire" he said as he started to make his way to the small fire that he made to cook the hare's on
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Adelbard chooses to ignore Fredrick's thorny words. The mercenary may be ruggedly handsome in his own way, and perhaps a skilled warrior, but gods was he frustrating! The knight sheathes his own rapier once Fredrick stows his saber, then turns away to regard the beast creature. He certainly doesn't plan on lowering his guard completely. His silver armor gleams in the morning light as he steps over to stand by Catherine's side, ever alert. "Do you know of this race, my lady?" he asks her. "I've heard naught but a tale or two..." As Shala approaches his ward, he stiffens up, though doesn't stop her... until her arms open. A hug is the last thing he expects her to do, after all. The knight lets out a low grunt of warning and extends an arm between the wolf and woman to block the embrace, thinking that the beast was about to--bite? Scratch? Who knows? Anyway, she might have fleas. He'd only lower his steelclad arm again if Catherine instructs him to.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Flight from Castle Paldwyn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus