Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh god I hate newness

Oi. Name's Blake. I've been roleplaying for about 5 years, and I recently came across this site. It seems like an interesting place, though I'm not used to forum and message based as opposed to chat. I play guitar, games, and I tend to be a bit...awkward? Random? I don't really care about the "real terms." I hope to meet some great people here, though. m/
Welcome! Hope you have a great time here at RP and don't worry I'm newish but I can help you out with anything you need! :D Hope we RP sometime!
BlaketheBlake Topic Starter

Sweet, thanks.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! How did you stumble on RPR? :)

The site is built to allow for multiple styles of RP. Every forum topic can be turned into a chat window by clicking the red "Launch Chat" button at the top or bottom of the page! What you say in chat gets saved to the forum as a regular message, and what is posted on the forum the normal style shows up in the chat window in real time. ;) It's super neat! So if you find someone else who likes to write real-time like that, you can both do that. This feature also works in Groups Forums and Private Messages!

Curious though, what do you mean with "real terms"?

"Real terms" are actual descriptive terms. Also, I was just looking up rp sites on google, really.
Welcome! And no worries. Plenty of us are awkward, especially when first trying out a new place. This is a super friendly community, though. ^^

Yeah. Although I did get a very strange starter from someone I didn't know a few minutes ago.
Welcome to RPR! The name's Lotus, but please call me Light! It's sweet to meet you!

Hey, randomness can be a good thing! Random question time: since you play guitar, do you have a favorite music genre, or a favorite song that you like to play?

Aside, I hope you enjoy it here, the community is really friendly and creative!
Fellow awkward being right here. Welcome! Everyone here is pretty nice.
Hey and welcome to the site, Blake! Nice to have you here! :D Don't fret, usually most RPs are done via PM or live chat, which I find to be a good thing as I'm not used to forum roleplays and the like either.

Yeah, feeling new ain't so bad; people welcoming you and asking about you and stuff. Though it does get confusing sometimes, being in a new environment. Being random isn't a bad thing too, so let's knock ourselves out!

And ohh, guitar! I remember my childhood dreams of wanting to be a musician. *sniff* It didn't work out. Haha, I guess I'm stuck with singing? XD

Regardless, please do stay as long as you like. If you have any concerns, please feel free to ask! :)
Hello and welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the internet! I find this place to actually be easy to RP with due to the forum. It allows people more time to respond and allows for lengthy responses (as I see it). It will take a few days to get used to but you will soon get it :3 I hope you find many fun people to RP with and that each of those are fun and exciting!!!!!

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
Welcome to RPR! The name's Lotus, but please call me Light! It's sweet to meet you!

Hey, randomness can be a good thing! Random question time: since you play guitar, do you have a favorite music genre, or a favorite song that you like to play?

Aside, I hope you enjoy it here, the community is really friendly and creative!
I really, really enjoy metal and blues. Death metal is really challenging, so it's my usual practice genre, but blues is just... mm,soulful, I guess.

Quintessence wrote:
Fellow awkward being right here. Welcome! Everyone here is pretty nice.
Seems like it! Yeah, as long as people are nice to me, I'll attempt to me nice to reciprocate. Just... If I randomly go offline, my mood may have taken a skydive into the mountains with no parachute.

RinTengoku524 wrote:
Hey and welcome to the site, Blake! Nice to have you here! :D Don't fret, usually most RPs are done via PM or live chat, which I find to be a good thing as I'm not used to forum roleplays and the like either.

Yeah, feeling new ain't so bad; people welcoming you and asking about you and stuff. Though it does get confusing sometimes, being in a new environment. Being random isn't a bad thing too, so let's knock ourselves out!

And ohh, guitar! I remember my childhood dreams of wanting to be a musician. *sniff* It didn't work out. Haha, I guess I'm stuck with singing? XD

Regardless, please do stay as long as you like. If you have any concerns, please feel free to ask! :)
Thanks very much! Yeah, randomness is pretty sweet sometimes.

BUT, on behalf of the whole "any questions" thing, first off, thanks, and second (this goes for everyone), PM me if you wanna know something or just chat! I roleplay there too, I'm currently setting up an RP as a matter of fact. So please, don't be afraid to ask.

FiaratheNothingess wrote:
Hello and welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the internet! I find this place to actually be easy to RP with due to the forum. It allows people more time to respond and allows for lengthy responses (as I see it). It will take a few days to get used to but you will soon get it :3 I hope you find many fun people to RP with and that each of those are fun and exciting!!!!!
Internet? Friendly? [faint x-files theme]

No seriously, thanks a ton. I'll try out to forums sometime maybe, it's just that some RPs I do get really graphic and I don't enjoy restricting my RPs on account of a PG-13 site rating. But I can try.
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! Everyone here is very kind, so I wouldn't worry about being too 'awkward' around everyone. x3
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hello! Welcome aboard!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! Glad to see you getting along well with everyone already, despite some trepidation. :)
Hey~ You've come to the right Place~ Lot's of friendly peolple lurk here :2
Welcome to the site~
I can certainly vouch for the friendly lurkers here that I've made good acquaintances and friends with. :'D

Welcome to RPR, Blake! I do hope you enjoy your time here with the community and RPing here! u v u /

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh god I hate newness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus