Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan entered the ruins, a few paces behind Ervaina. His grip on the longbow tightened as he looked around for threats, but it seemed abandoned. He relaxed though he missed Bella's keen nose and eyesight at a time like this.

"What is it?" He asked, going over to Ervaina and inspecting the contraption she had been pulling at. He shouldered his bow and reached for the handle. If he could draw 100 pounds-force on his bow, surely he could lift a grate. It shifted a little under his efforts, rusted shut probably after years of disuse.

He adjusted his grip and then tried a second time. Either he'd loosened the rust or he'd gotten a better grip or perhaps Brie had worked some magic, because the grate lifted up. "Is the key in there?"
Alice (played by CookieLurv)

"Ahh." Alice groaned as she shifted and becoming full demon was getting harder to defy. "Should we be leaving to help them? Maybe we can find some things that can come in handy around here." Moving to get off the table, she stumbled over to a pile of junk. "I mean they were bandits right? So there is bound to be something around here."
Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

(Ervaina actually ordered Artair along, but it looks like I ninja'd your post. Understandable since I've had it happen to me before. Still, the Chef will have to be cross.)

Once she realized that only Nathan was with her, Ervaina frowned. "Now where did Artair go? I told that stubborn kilted... forget it. I'll pray to Chef Frederic that he be turned into a bagel later." She grumbled as Nathan worked the hatch, attention snapping to him when she heard it open. She immediately grabbed the grabbed the gap that appeared and helped pull it open.

"Yes it is." She replied, going into the new room. Inside looked like another dining area, only smaller. In the middle of the room was a round table with chairs for a dozen people. Ervaina walked around the table, to what was directly opposite the entrance. It looked like cheesecloth had been stretched across the entire wall. "Sorry, but Culinomancers only beyond this point. You'll just hit a wall if you try to follow, so save yourself the effort." She told him, tapping the "cloth" with her staff before walking through it as if it wasn't even there.

Only a few seconds passed before she stepped back out, sniffing at an open bottle. "Smells good enough." She said, corking it again and pushing it into Nathan's hand. "Take that to Alice, it should cure her wound right up. Once she's better, bring everyone in here and take a seat. I have things to prepare, but it shouldn't take too long." She said, before disappearing back through the barrier.
Artair stood up and walked over to Alice. "You're right about looking, but you should be resting. I promise if ind anything good, I'll share it with you alright?" He said, placing his hand on her arm, giving her a slight tug back towards the table.

Nathan took heed of her warning and didn't attempt to pass through the cloth. He did lay a hand against it, just to feel it though. It certainly was a barrier--to him.

He took the vial and nodded to her. "Don't try to explore too much on your own. We don't know if they really are all gone." And then he was gone.

Returning to Alice and Artair he was surprised to see that Alice was moving around. "Alice--Ervaina said you should drink this. It'll help heal the rest of your wound." He held the vial out to her.

She took the vial after being tugged back to the table, "Thanks but you should of stayed with Ervaina, she probably needs you. Artair," Alice moved again. "You should go with him." Smiling as she said the last part. "If this does what Ervaina says it does then I should be able to join you guys soon." Looking at the vial with distaste, hoping that it wouldn't taste really bad.
Artair hesitated. "Are you sure Alice?" He realized that Bella was still there, so they should be fine in that sense. "As long as you're sure..."
Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

Ervaina practically danced around the kitchen on the other side of the barrier, snatching bottles off shelves and pouring various things into the pot that was mounted above the fire. It didn't take much to make what she was cooking up, more time and good measurements than anything. Plus a generous infusion of magic. If it took a lot of anything, it was time. Sticking her head through the barrier for a moment, she saw the room on the other side was still empty. Well, that was no big deal. It was still going to need a while yet, so by the time it was done everyone would hopefully be in place. If they weren't, well, it would be easy enough to poison their meal for making her wait.

(I'll probably hold off posting again until everyone's at the little table, since there's not much Ervaina could do until then. Aside from dragging people in there by their hair, tails or... well, I can't think of a viable grabbing spot on a fire elemental. That wouldn't end well no matter how you did it.)
"Maybe we should all go, including you Alice...I mean, I just rather not leave someone injured out here by themselves..." Artair walking over to her, and offering her hand to help her off the table

Nathan bent down to call Bella to him; she came with tail wagging. He looked up at Alice and Artair. "If that's alright, and if you're feeling better, it'd be best to regroup. I haven't seen any sign of the fire person in a while; and frankly I hate leaving Ervaina alone. There's no telling what she's cooking up."

He stood again and scanned the ground for loose arrows. Absentmindedly he muttered, "I really should train Bella to fetch arrows for me..."
Artair laughed. "Ha, cooking up. You're killing me." He said with a grin

She took his hand and pulled herself up. "Alright." she laughed at the joke. Unless he didn't mean to say it but even so, it was really funny.

He grinned at Artair. "You should have met my friend...he'd go for hours with the jokes. Then again, maybe it's better that you didn't." Somehow he figured the two would either become fast friends or bitter enemies--and the kilt would be the deciding factor.

"So you're feeling better, then, Alice? I guess the potion was potent stuff."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus