Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

"He;'s mine!" Artair yelled back at Nathan, still running after him. "I'll show you!" He yelled louder at the small man running
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan shook his head and dropped back to a slower pace. Let Artair wear himself out; he wanted to have some composure.

Bella fell back with him, though she still looked curiously after the cheese-fairy.

"Relax, Bella, we'll catch up soon enough." Hopefully after all the shouting.
Artair did catch him, by diving down, and sliding on his stomach, and only a few meters away from the two ladies. "huh...is this yours Chef?" He asked holding the cheese man in his hand, and still on the ground.
Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

"Yes, that's my assistant Brie. Glad to see you made it." Ervaina said cheerfully, smiling down at him. She turned her attention to the man still coming for a moment and the animal with him. "Wasn't expecting you to bring a guest and pet, but don't worry about it. There are plenty of goodies to go around."
Artair stood up still holding the cheese man. "Yeah his name is Nathan, wants to join up, can you teach this a bit of respect? I'm not wearing a skirt, it's called a kilt." He angrily towards the little man of cheese

"Brie just works with me, I can't really..." Ervaina began, but was interrupted by her tiny companion.

"Look miss-sir, I'm nobody's little kid. I'm probably older than all of you put together considering how fast you humans spoil." Brie said irritably, twisting to face him. "Do yourself a favor, quit deluding yourself and just buy a dress or some pants and either way you should really buy some new underwear and soap. What I saw from my unfortunate vantage point didn't look at all hygienic. Now, I'm going home." With that Brie crossed his arms, turned away and promptly melted in the man's hand.

"I can't really control the little fella." Ervaina finished with a smile, fishing a handkerchief from her pocket and offering it to him.

Nathan arrived in time to hear the last bit from the tiny creature, and hid a smile behind his hand. Bella stayed at his side, though she sniffed the air curiously as the cheese-fairy melted.

"Well, it was helpful to follow," he admitted. "I'm Nathan and this is Bella. We're interested in what you want a couple of adventurers for."
"i'm going to eat him next time I see him." He then looked around and sniffed the air. "I don't smell do I? I keep my hygiene up to a point. and I do wear underwear." He pouted He shook his head. "Alright then chef, what are we going to do now?"
Alice (played by CookieLurv)

She tried not to laugh as she watched the scene that played out in front of her. Alice hid behind a tree and building trying to watch whatever was causing all the commotion. Nearly doubling over as the man chased the creature that insulted the one in the....kilt. Alice covered her mouth, tail swaying and rattling the bushes to her left. Her head looked over and growled as her tail hairs tangled up in them. She tried pulling it out, but managed to make the bush rattle more. She needed to stop before someone took notice.

"Right, right. Information about the job. Well then Mae, Nathan, Bella and... mister Kilt, I'm Ervaina, but you can call me Chef Roka. Well, I suppose you can't, but that's understandable." She commented, glancing at Bella for a moment. "The job is helping me locate a couple things that have been lost for ages. I've gotten a hint at where they might be, but I'm going to need help. That's where you guys come in. See, the place I need to get to near here is an old ruin that's been taken over by a little gang of thugs, so I need people that can clear them out."

"I know, I know, sounds like basic grunt work. That's because it is, but in that ruin has something very rare in it. The key to a sweet treasure, if you will." She explained, looking them over and pulling a jingling pouch from somewhere under her apron. "If it's just gold you're worried about, I have one of these for everyone interested."

"Fair enough," said Nathan, in response to the quest. "A rare item sounds like...fun." And thugs could be easily run off.

It was Bella who was drawn to the bushes rustling on the wayside. Her tail went up, her ears pricked forward, and she headed for the bush. Her black fur stood on end, in warning of a possible threat; her gold eyes gleaming in interest.

Nathan, who had only taken her eyes off Bella for a few moments, turned to see her heading towards the bushes. He pulled an arrow from his quiver, but didn't aim in the direction just yet. Bella hadn't indicated an actual enemy; it was just a warning.

"If you don't want an angry wolf chasing you out, you best come out on your own. Bella, stay."
"My name is Artair Tyrler by the way..." He said quietly when she said Mr. Kilt.
When he heard Nathan talk, he turned to look in the direction. "It's probably some wild animal or something. A cat or a fox maybe." he turned back. "You have any idea how many were looking at? 50 maybe?" He asked crossing his arms.

Her fur prickled and she tried to step back, but her tail caused her to tumble and fall backwards into the dirt. Fear crossed her face as the black wolf came closer. Alice's ears fell back and she lowered herself, hoping to show that she was no threat to the animal. "I can't...." She whispered, throat dry. "I'm stuck." Alice hurriedly tried freeing her tail from the branches and leaves so that no one would feel obligated to try helping. She had been embarrassed more than once today.

She had been turned down so many times from any store, even to get food or clothes. Her stomach growled in protest. Tears had streaked down her face as she ran out of the store. That's how she happened upon this little scene. Alice pulled at her tail again, and when she looked up to see the arrow the man held she froze.
"Ok thats no animal..." He said, moving his hand onto the hilt of his sword and pulled it out. "You better listen to the man, come out now or call out or something! We won't hurt you!"

Bella pressed in further into the bush and with a sigh, Nathan drew closer to investigate. "Not an animal, not really a threat either; Bella's fur isn't raised enough for one. She's just curious." He said to Artair; but he wasn't prepared for what he saw and he drew back sharply.

"Bella, come!" He ordered the wolf sharply. Reluctantly, Bella stepped away. Nathan looked at the person/creature stuck in the bushes and then noticed it looking at the arrow in his hand. He sighed and stuck it back in the quiver. "I'm not going to hurt you, as long as you don't attack us. Are you stuck?" That couldn't possibly be a tail...

"I'm really not sure, I've only heard about them since getting off the ship that brought me to that port. I just know there are some rough types using it like a hideout. Desecrating history and disrespecting the great Chef Frederic. They're lucky not to have been turned into bagels by now." Ervaina told him, oblivious to the bushy situation going on nearby. At least until Artair pulled out his sword, then she glanced over at them curiously, wondering what was going on. It couldn't be the thugs this far from their camp, could it?

Ironic how he said that. Yet she caught the slight movement of his hand as it landed on the hilt of his sword. Her eyes were sensitive to movement and her smell almost keen as the wolf who was in front of her. She shook as she stood slowly. What would they do? Shoot her on the spot? Give her a scowl for being what she was?

Alice tried to speak, but she hated being the center of attention. "I'm not d-dangerous. I-I swear." she tried yelling, but it came out as more of a squeaky whisper. Her pink eyes looked down at the bush that held her there. Cursing in her head at the situations she put herself in.
Artair walked up and looked down at her. He didn't really react to her body. He stuck the sword back in the sheath. He lowered himself and carefully free her from the brush then stood up and offered his hand. "Here, let me help you up." He said gently

Nathan had started to move in to help, but Artair beat him to it. Instead, he grabbed a hold of Bella's scruff again, to keep the wolf from lunging forward to greet their latest guest.

He still listened to Ervaina with interest though, and he turned back to her now. "Thugs we can handle. If there aren't too many, it should be fairly easy to handle, especially between the four of us. Five if we include her..." he gestured at the newcomer.
Taromae (played by GloriousCookie)

(Fire under Alice's dislikes... This is going to be fun.)

Taromae kept quiet throughout the whole ordeal, until Alice said something. "Not dangerous? I would call that an understatement," she said under her breath. "Adorable little demon, you are, sweetheart," she chirped. At least an elemental would know what in the world that creature was! "But too timid."

"Miss Roka, if you like, we could turn these bandits into roast beef," she spoke to the boss. No Culinomancy necessary!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus