Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Alice (played by CookieLurv)

She looked down and stayed quiet, but didn't take his hand. Usually she would have. Just past experience told her not to leap at every opportunity to trust. "I-I'm okay. Thank you though..." Alice took her tail and held it close to her chest as she clumsily made her way out of the bushes. It was strange to be fully seen and not instantly ridiculed.

Her head shoot up to look at him. "Me?" Finally her voice sounded a bit normal. Not squeaky but softer now that the attention was off her. Alice looked back and forth between the woman and the man with the wolf. Who now was being held by it's scruff. Which she couldn't help smiling at.

Then her eyes swept to the fire lady who she somehow missed. Catching her remark. "I'm not timid. Just careful..." she tried to regain some of her pride.

(Lol. Certain type of fire actually. Wildfires. Should of been more descriptive.)
Artair walked behind this new person and stopped for a moment when Taromae said 'demon' "You're a demon? You don't look all that dangerous." He said while looking her over then turning his head back to the group, mostly at Taromae "You sure she's a demon?" He said pointing his thumb at her, then blushed a bit. he turned to look at her. "I'm sorry, what is your name, I'm Artair."
Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

Ervaina laughed at Taromae's suggestion. "That's what I like to hear, confidence! I guess I don't need to ask if you're sure you want to go along with the job." She said, tossing the pouch of gold in her hand at the elemental and pulling another from her apron. "It's a good thing I'm optimistic enough to plan ahead for crazy circumstances, I honestly wasn't sure how many people would be interested since usually they seem to avoid me. Now they're even popping out of the bushes to come along!"

She smiled, saying Artair's name when she tossed the second pouch to him before facing the new arrival. "That is why you're here, right? The prospect of a great adventure?"

She let go of her tail, which rolled behind her back. Waving of it's on accord again. "Alice." She ignored his statement of not being dangerous. If he new her full demon form, he may think by his sword and not of his brain. Most men were like that these days. Then she turned toward the woman. "What kind of mission is this?" She couldn't help her interest peeking, her mood perking up again. Her ears straight forward state was the tell tail sign. No pun intended.
He caught the pouch with his left hand, then said. "I don't think she was coming to join us Chef. I mean-"He turned to her. "If you want to you can come along, but were doing some heavy fighting by the sound of things..." He said, opening the pouch, looking at it for a second, then closing it and tying it to his belt.
Taromae (played by GloriousCookie)

Taromae gave Artair a short shrug. "She resembles a demon bloodline I know of, Sir Artair," she said in a nonchalant tone of voice, "In my opinion, that bloodline and danger never seem to coexist in the same person, no matter how strong they are." Honestly, compared to someone made of fire, would a demon be out of place?

"I am a walking inferno," she continued. "A timid demon is no threat compared to me." She was adamant on calling Alice timid, it seemed.

She chuckled once Ervaina mentioned a certain someone popping out of the bushes to come along. "Miss Roka, you are quite the optimist." The pouch of gold landed in a mana core as flames separated enough to refrain from burning the pouch and possibly melting the gold.
he turned to Taromae "She may be able to fight, but it's if she uses that ability that makes one dangerous, not what they can, but what they will do." He looked at Alice. "I hope I didn't make it sound like you're a weakly or anything like that..." he said rubbing the back of his neck

"Oh, killing some bandits, seeking long-lost treasures. Typical storybook fare, really. Only more up-close and personal. Bound to be a blast with this bunch. Literally if Mae's as tough as she makes herself sound, which I'm sure she is." Ervaina said, rocking from her toes to heels energetically as she pulled another two pouches from her apron and tossed them both at Nathan. "What do you say, Alice? Up for it?"

She nodded. "Sure." Alice eyes flicked toward the bags of gold. Not that it would be much use, since every store she went to didn't accept her payment. The fire woman, called Mai... she didn't know what she did to cause Mai to act the way she was. She may not like fire, but it was the assumption of weakness and timidness she disliked more.

'Mae was just a bitter old hag sometimes. It was really best not to think about why she did things.

"You repeat my meaning, but not my words, Sir Artair," Taromae sighed. "No matter what someone can do, it is if they will do it. That is why I do not consider Alice a threat. If my God were to ask me to attack you, I would be unable to refuse and Miss Roka would get a refund for my services." Not that she was in it for the gold. She just took the job because Ervaina was so energetic.

"But for now, a scavenger hunt is always fun." Especially when it involved bandits.
Artair just shook his head at Taromae. And stood off to the side while the rest talked. He didn't really care what any of them were. Only two of us were regular humans. We had a fire lady, a wolf, now a cat demon?, then a magic chef. Why does it matter who was what? He crossed his arms and looked around, sighing here and there.

She tilted her head toward the man, who seemed a bit irritated now. Her eyes searched him over then she tried to smile, fangs touching her bottom lip. Alice was glad she didn't have a God to obey. Otherwise she would fail miserably due to lacking the amazing skill of hiding ones emotions. Her face was an open canvas. Not that it was her fault.
The human half always seemed more sensitive, thinking on it now it was probably the thing that caused the attraction from a demon lord. Causing him to feed on the emotions that radiated of her mom like endless rays from a never ending sun.
Artair saw the smile, and returned it with one of his own, and a slight nod. Then turned his focus to the group. "So we going to head out now chef?" He asked uncrossing his arms and walking back into the group

"Fantastic!" Ervaina chirped, sliding across the ground at Alice and handing her a pouch of gold directly instead of lobbing it at her since she seemed a little jumpy. "Glad to have you along." She glanced at the others, noticing a little tension had built up thanks to the new arrival. Of course, she was clueless as to why. It couldn't have been the money, they were all getting paid the same.

She just shrugged it off, thinking it was pre-epic-quest jitters. "All right everyone, we've got a force to be reckoned with now, so I'm sure we'll manage things fine. Now, let's get this barbeque on the road!" She said, coasting over to and quickly down the slope leading back to the road. Grilling some bandits was bound to raise a few smiles.
"barbeque?" he looked at the others, then shook his head. "Whatever..." He started to walk behind chef, although going much slower then her.

The elemental dropped her subject to continue gliding near the boss. "Of course, Miss Roka," was all she said after that.

She did just say she was willing to fry everyone there if she was told... Not the best impression to leave on someone. Maybe they could forget about that.

Anyway, scavenger hunt goodness!

Alice couldn't help the girly giggle at how the woman moved. Acting as if she was the one made of fire instead of Mae. So she started after her, happy just to be in a group. Unfortunately, like always. It would soon end and she would be left alone. She tried not showing these personal emotions. Maybe just once she could succeed. But no, not her. Never would it work for her, because her body acted instantly. Ears and tail lowered and her face downcast as she tried to keep her gaze on the ground.
"So how long it going to take us to get to these ruins of yours Chef?" Artair called forward, he shifted his sword so it sat on his shoulders, and had his arms hang over them.
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan tucked the bag of gold into his pack, releasing Bella to do so. It seemed they were ready to go after all. He settled the pack onto his shoulders and then rearranged his quiver and bow.

He strode forward towards Ervaina. "I take it you've been to this location before? Is it open ground or mostly bushes?"

Bella, of course, circled around the group, sniffing each member for a moment to get their scent before moving onto the next.

Alice glanced down at the wolf who went to each person, and smiled when it was her turn. Tempted to reached down, but didn't dare try. It was a beautiful beast. Or she was as was the name given to her. Falling back a little so she could start a conversation with Nathan. "How long have you had her?" Glancing back at the black furred wolf who went on her way to the next.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus