Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

Ervaina looked around. Aside from the fire and smoke, she didn't spot anything other than three of her allies. That was easier than she'd expected. With a little luck, the rest of the trip would go as well. "I think we got them all. Nice work Nathan, Artair, Bella." She surveyed the area again. "I wonder if Taromae's off setting more fires yet... anyway, let's go grab Alice, find the fireball and get a move on!"
(same as my last post.)

"Come on, I'll show you..." He said turning towards the building, guiding them up the stairs and to Alice leaning against the wall. Artair got on one knee, beside her. "Hey, how ya feeling?" He asked softly looking at her
Alice (played by CookieLurv)

She groaned as an answer then looked up at him. "In pain." Trying to move and wincing as she did, Alice managed to sit straighter. "Hand?" She asked as she held out her own forgetting that side would be painful and quickly let her hand fall. "Owwww never mind."
Artair gave her a smile, then put away his sword, and picked her up, like a child. "Ok Do either of you know about healing? because beyond what I did I can't do any5thing else." Artair said passing them and walking bac down the stairs, and gently placing her on a table. "Just lay back and let one of them work on you. I'm going out to see if theres any bandits left. "And with that Artair was outside again, looking around making sure all of them were dead
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan stepped forward, shouldering his bow and the extra quiver, which had only two arrows remaining. "Let me, I have a small gift for healing." He could tell already where she'd been hit by the blood soaking into the bandage.

Gently he placed a hand on Alice's shoulder and the other on her injured side and closed his eyes. "I can't do a full-healing here, but I'll do what I can to slow the bleeding." In his concentration he slowed the flow of blood until the bandage would allow it to clot naturally.

Opening his eyes again, Nathan said: "You'll have to take it easy to avoid reopening it, but I think we're most of the way through. Thanks for taking out those archers. You and Artair both have fought well."

The moment he lifted her up she groaned at the spinning of the world. "Not so fast." her lips moved but no words came. Before she knew it she was laying on the table and looking up at the ceiling. The pain causing her to fight transformation. Which was caused when she was unable to defend herself in order to keep her alive. But though she knew she was okay for now, the transformation threatened. "Sorry guys." she muttered through clenched teeth. Then she looked at Ervaina, "Mission accomplished?"

Scratching her head, Ervaina gave Alice a concerned look. Though she may have been more concerned about the job at hand than her ally's health. "The camp seems to have been cleared, so the first part is accomplished. Next we have to find the key I'm after in the ruins, but that shouldn't be much trouble. I know where the door to it should be." She told her, failing to mention what would happen after she found said key. "Nathan, are you sure you can't do anything more here?"
Artair retruned, "Everything seems to be clear. The fires are going down, now." he walked up to Alice, looking at the wound, then back at her. "How does it feel?" He asked with a slight worried tone in his voice

"You mean in terms of healing her?" Nathan asked Ervaina. "I could heal her completely, but I'll be entirely used up...so if anyone else gets injured, I won't be able to help them."

"I'm fine, I promise." she said to Artair then glanced at Nathan. "Don't worry about it. I'm not going to die..." she tried leaning up. "You guys go on ahead I will catch up to." she tried a reassuring smile.
Artair looked at the other two. "How about you two go ahead, and I'll stay here and keep Alice company. Besides, my claymore wouldn't be very good inside buildings." He said looking around the room,

Nathan hesitated; he really didn't like leaving anyone behind. "If the bandits come back, you'll be in trouble." He surveyed Artair and then scowled. "Are you hurt as well? I see blood."
Artair looked at his body. "Mostly bandits blood. Only a few cuts really. I'll be fine." Artair said looking at his wounds, if you could call them that.

She turned back to him. "You sure? I don't want to hold you back...oh and by the way. Sorry about calling it a skirt. Just trying to get you up those stairs." she smiled even though her fangs lengthened.

Ervvaina frowned. "Great. Only one healer and he's not much help. Guess I should have interviewed you all a little better." She said, thinking it over. There should be a recovery drink in the kitchen, unless it's gone stale after so long. Only one way to find out.

"All right, you rest here and come after us if you're feeling up to it. I'll check for for medicine in the ruin." She said, glancing at the others. "Artair, she'll be fine, I need someone with muscle to back me up and you're a better choice than the archer. Nathan, try to find some arrows, from a cache or corpses I don't care where, just need you armed better. Bella, you stick with Alice for now." She ordered each of them, turning and walking out of the room without waiting for an argument and heading for the ruins. On the way, she yelled. "Taromae! If you can hear me, you can stop setting fires for now! Regroup with Alice in one of the few buildings you didn't try burning down!"
He turned back and looked at her, with a slight smile. "Trust me, I'm used to it by now." He gave her a thumb up and turned back to the other two. "You two go, I'll send fire lady after you once she get here." Artair said sitting down on a crate, resting a few moments

"Thank you." She smiled and moved so she didn't have to lay down on the hard table. Wincing as she moved. Then she looked back at the other two. "Be careful, If you need help just call out. I will be able to hear you." Her ears flicked as in agreement.

After Ervaina called out her orders, Nathan began looting the fallen archer's quivers for arrows. By the last body he had collected a fair number--nearly 48 arrows! He stuffed the two quivers before tucking the additional arrows into his belt. The quivers he attached to his belt so they hung from his waist to mid-thigh, putting the long arrows in easy reach.

"Alright, I'm ready to go." He said, readjusting his sheathed daggers so they were in easy reach. He turned to look at Bella and hesitated. Would she actually stay to protect Alice? He'd never left her alone with a stranger before.

"Bella, stay. Defend." He commanded the wolf. Her bright gold eyes landed on his and for a moment he didn't move. She looked away briefly and then licked his hands as though wishing him luck. "Good girl," he said, and pet her on the head before stepping away. "Alright, I think she'll stay. And I'm as ready as a porcupine."

He stepped out to follow Ervaina, his bow and an arrow at the ready.

The interior of the ruin was in... well... ruins. Most of the passages had collapsed and the couple rooms Ervaina glanced into when she passed were either empty or having been used by the bandits as a place to sleep. It looked like however many had been inside the place had heard the battle outside and rushed to join in or flee. After a couple minutes of nothing standing out, she came to a large room with long stone tables that must have been used for dining when the place was still intact and being used by whoever built it.

Ervaina grinned, walking along the walls and staring at the floor. It didn't take long to spot what she was after. On the floor halfway along the widest wall were two divots next to two cracks in the wall, easily overlooked by someone who didn't know they were there, especially given the state of the place. Leaning her staff against the wall, she knelt between the divots and stretched a hand to each one. "Brie, found it." She murmured, the familiar orange liquid forming in each indent before flowing into each crack in the wall. For a few seconds, nothing happened and Ervaina didn't budge. Then a click came from the wall and the stone started to shift like a door, but stopped after a couple inches.

Standing up, Ervaina ran her hand along the side that popped out, her fingers finding the gap that made for a handle. Giving it a couple tugs, it felt even more stuck than the last one she'd encountered. "Well, this is why I wanted someone with muscle along." She said, stepping out of the way and signaling for her help to take over. "Have a crack at it."
Ervaina Roka wrote:
The interior of the ruin was in... well... ruins. Most of the passages had collapsed and the couple rooms Ervaina glanced into when she passed were either empty or having been used by the bandits as a place to sleep. It looked like however many had been inside the place had heard the battle outside and rushed to join in or flee. After a couple minutes of nothing standing out, she came to a large room with long stone tables that must have been used for dining when the place was still intact and being used by whoever built it.

Ervaina grinned, walking along the walls and staring at the floor. It didn't take long to spot what she was after. On the floor halfway along the widest wall were two divots next to two cracks in the wall, easily overlooked by someone who didn't know they were there, especially given the state of the place. Leaning her staff against the wall, she knelt between the divots and stretched a hand to each one. "Brie, found it." She murmured, the familiar orange liquid forming in each indent before flowing into each crack in the wall. For a few seconds, nothing happened and Ervaina didn't budge. Then a click came from the wall and the stone started to shift like a door, but stopped after a couple inches.

Standing up, Ervaina ran her hand along the side that popped out, her fingers finding the gap that made for a handle. Giving it a couple tugs, it felt even more stuck than the last one she'd encountered. "Well, this is why I wanted someone with muscle along." She said, stepping out of the way and signaling for her help to take over. "Have a crack at it."

Not saying that Nathan isn't strong, but if you're talking about Artair, then you'll have to yell because he's not there with you. He's with Alice right now

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus