Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

The bandits had come over the ledge now. Artair swung his sword from the right to the left at the mid section, cutting half way though the mans mind section stopping at his spine, though breaking it slightly. Two down one to go...
Alice (played by CookieLurv)

Her head snapped to see the arrow as it plunged into the neck of the bandit who fell with a silenced howl and fell, nearly taking the other two down with it. She barely heard the arrow, her gaze flicked toward Nathan in a wonder. But she turned away to access the situation again. She concentrated for a few moments before releasing a spell, causing the last man to appear grey but it was the cause of the virus that ate him from the inside making him crumple to the ground and become like a pile of ash.
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan took a step back upon seeing the last bandit crumple--almost like he'd been destroyed from the inside.

"Well," he said, "that was easy enough. Where's uh, Brie?" He looked for cheese-man. "How many did you count? Were you able to get in?"
Ervaina Roka (played by Rosewood) Topic Starter

Ervaina watched the scene unfold quietly, clapping once all three of them were down. "Very impressive you three. Quick, quiet and effective. Good job as bait, Brie." She grinned down at the little fairy, who had dropped onto it rear near her feet.

"Sure thing boss." It squeaked. "Saw twenty eight in all I think. Twenty-five with those guys down."

"Good, good." Ervaina crouched, setting her staff on the ground by him. More liquid cheese began to swell in the spoon. "We know they'll chase you now, so you get to have some fun."

Brie smirked. "I like this idea already." Standing up, the fairy plunged its face into the cheese forming in the spoon, it's voice clear even though its entire head was submerged. "Hey, who wants to help me torment a few humans?!" Brie pulled its face out, took a step back and another fairy leapt from the liquid, and another, and another... until a dozen of the things were looking around eagerly.

"Okay, here's what I've got for a plan. Brie and his buddies here rush in and cause as much chaos as possible so Nathan can snipe a few in the confusion. Once they realize what's happening, Taromae can start burning down one side of the camp while Artair, Alice and I punch a hole in the wall on the opposite side and start putting down any that are still breathing or haven't had the sense to run away." Ervaina said with a smile. "How that sound for a plan? It's got fire, diversions, ambushes... pretty much every idea thrown into one like a casserole!"
Artair didn't answer at first, he was too busy looking at the many cheese men. "Oh god...theres more than one..." He said rubbing his face. "Please tell me I can eat the lead one...Yeah Chef sounds great. Just lead the way, and I'll follow."

Alice laughed at his statement, but was amused at the little men. Bending down to get a closer look. "I think they are pretty cute." she smiled at the lead one. The plan sounded like a good one, though she didn't know how they were going to punch through a wall. Well, one things for sure... Ervainia's optimistic and energetic attitude would surely get them somewhere. And in a hurry.
"Just wait they'll insult your clothes...It's a kilt by the way cheese man..." Artair growled the last part. He then stabbed the ground with his sword, then pulled it back out, now clean of blood.
Taromae (played by GloriousCookie)

That kind of casserole plan was fitting for someone who worked in the Culinary Arts. The pyromaniac loved it. "As you command, Miss Roka." She found herself a position to approach the Eastern side of the camp with more ease.

The invisible piano's 'song' quickened in tempo and the separation of fire from mana core sped up as well. She moved as discreetly as she could, being made of fire and all.

Nathan couldn't help but grin. "Sounds like a plan. I'll follow you guys down and snipe where I can; but I've only got eleven arrows left." If he could reclaim the arrow from the body, he'd be alright. Until he ran out.

Bella pawed curiously at one of the cheese-creatures, sniffing it interestedly. Nathan shook his head. Somehow he doubted he'd have much of a problem finding any of them if they got separated.

"Well let's go--can't let fire do all our work for us." He started down the trail towards the fallen body where he could reclaim his arrow. Bella followed shortly after giving the closest cheese-thing a quick, tentative lick. She licked her chops even as she turned away and trotted after Nathan, tail up and wagging.

Ervains smiled as Taromae made for the camp. "Well, we'd better be moving too. Brie, give everyone two minutes to get ready, then make for the camp and do what you do best." She told it, before heading down the hill and gesturing for Alice and Artair to follow.

"Good luck Nathan. Don't miss now, and don't get caught." She told him, before veering into the trees and plants, heading for the west side of the fort.

She ran after her, excitement of the upcoming battle made her fur stand on end. Maybe once this was through she could do more of these missions. Alice would never be alone again! Smiling as she was enveloped in the bushes and the trees easily catching up to Ervaina.
"You look happy." Artair said to Alice. "Make sure you don't go over bored ok?" He said looking at her, then back to their leader. "Just give us the word and we'll go."

Nathan bent to retrieve the arrow from the corpse, only to find the shaft had broken when the man had fallen. He scowled. "Well, that's not a good omen," he muttered.

Rising again, he set off into the woods, nocking an arrow to his bow. Backup support he was good at; he'd maneuver into position so he could fire at the bandits without hitting his allies.

Just let them come, he thought. The daggers were near to hand, so if he did encounter trouble, he should be okay. What he wouldn't give for Arien to be here with his sword....

"Never." she looked over to Artair then toward the leader. 'Overboard' would be her transforming. Necessary only when things were going downhill in battle or if she was too out numbered to count on her spells or needles. Small little lethal things.

Ervaina and her two followers approached the western wall, concealed behind a couple trees and some shrubbery not too far from it. They somehow made it unnoticed, though their luck might have had something to do with the panicked shouts coming from the camp. Ervaina grinned at the sound, Brie and his followers must have already gotten in and were causing a ruckus. Hopefully Nathan was getting a few clear shots and Taromae was preparing to heat things up. Which meant she couldn't let herself be the weak spice in the stew.

"Hold this, please. The hole in the wall needs a little prep time, but it should be done when we need it." She said, handing Alice her staff. Holding both her arms straight out, she concentrated as best she could given the usual state of her mind. A sphere of milk swirled into existence above her right arm, then another over the left. Focusing every bit of power she had, she kept conjuring milk magnums, trying to prepare a volley large enough to smash the wall to pieces without hitting her own magical breaking point.
Artair was with the chef and Alice. He had his sword out still, but was pacing. "Come on...I want to get this fight started..." He said, he hated waiting like this..

Nathan had followed the group of three and had taken up a spot somewhere nearby--but hidden. He had range and visibility. With a draw of his bow, he sent an arrow on its way to one of the archers on the tower. It struck and the man went down, the bow tumbling over the side. A second arrow caught another watchman, but the warning seemed to be out already.

Of course the globs of milk had perked Bella's interest, but she remained steadfast, ears pricked and waiting as Nathan spent his arrows. If she was the type to whine, she would have; instead she remained silent, waiting in anticipation. The smoke from the raging fire on the other side probably helped keep her there.

Another of his arrows sought a man on the other tower, another archer. He had eight arrows remaining. Best to use them wisely when things heated up. He waited for the inevitable explosion of wall and guards.
Taromae (played by GloriousCookie)

Was it the firebug's turn yet?

The chaos in the camp was easy enough to hear, as well as some thudding from the watchtowers... Glorious.

The 'melody' intensified as the alcohol she drank earlier spilled out from her core onto the east wall. A little alcohol on a building never hurt anyone. At least, not until the fire swarmed around the spot where it hit. Then it hurt anyone who was too stupid to run for it.

Ah, sweet blazing warmth...

Her body went back to its normal state.

Even focusing on the spells, it was hard to miss one of the bandits scream "Fire!" at the top of his lungs. That was her cue. She stepped to the side, away from the tree she'd been using as cover just in case one of the bandits was too observant for his own good, with six white orbs encircling each of her arms. Taking aim at the wall, she let all of them fly at once. The dozen spheres struck with a resounding thud and splintering of wood, blasting a gap almost three feet wide into the shoddy fence.

"Order up!" Ervaina exclaimed, grinned at a job well done, and promptly toppled over backwards as her legs gave out. "I-I'm okay." She mumbled, starting to sit up only to fall back again. "Okay, I will be. In a minute or two. You two better get in there, Brie and any of his buddies that were left are puddles now, keeping them going and the attack was just too much all at once for me. Leave my staff and I'll catch up once the world stops spinning."

Alice left her staff with her and ran into the hole with a holler and into the fray of confused people. No longer in sight. She was going towards the inside of the building to fight there. People outside would be picked off, those inside would likely find a way out before they got to them. It didn't prevent her from shooting needles into some deadly areas of the bandits around her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus