Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan smiled, having seen the young woman's near-fearless response towards the wolf. "Her name's Bella, and I've been raising her since she was a few months old. She's just under a year now and only half-grown."

Bella finished with her scents and Nathan whistled, calling the wolf over to them. "She's friendly enough, just don't stare into her eyes--or you'll get frozen until she looks away. Her fur's also not all that soft. But she was fairly easy to tame--she's very smart."
"And pretty scarey too." Artair called back over his shoulder chuckling, and after a few seconds. "I'm joking with ya Nathan..."

Leaving Alice to interact with Bella, Nathan caught Artair's jest.

Nathan smiled ruefully. "You have no idea, Artair, the terror Aurean wolves can bestow upon their prey. Bella's friendly, but only because she thinks of humans as her pack. Her wild kin don't hesitate to defend their territory. And try fighting an animal you can't quite look at for fear of being paralyzed by their eyes." With a forced smile he added, "It makes sword-fighting a little more interesting, no?"
Artair looked down at him. "Aye it does sound like that. But like I said, I only joke. You seem like a good man, I would hate to have you as an enemy Nathan..."He turned his head at Bella. "And you too Bella..."

Nathan grinned and glanced at Artair's claymore. "And doubtless your skill with that sword would make you a formidable opponent. I'd hate to have to draw blades against you."

Bella looked up at the mention of her name and wagged her tail at Artair, enjoying the banter if not understanding a word of it.
Artair smiled, then slapped Nathan on the back. "Well then I'm glad thats over with." he turned his head back at Alice. "Alice, come up here, join us in our talk!" He said smiling at her then turned back forward, "So how did you find Bella?"
Alice (played by CookieLurv)

Alice smiled happily and joined them. Choosing to walk on the other side of Artair so that the wolf wouldn't feel so crowded. Also interested on how Nathan and Bella had come together.

Nathan glanced down at the wolf easily keeping pace beside him and spoke loud enough for anyone to hear if they wanted to listen in. "It was a manner of luck, really. My friend and I had heard that there was a pack of vicious wolves near the village where we were staying, so we took up our gear and decided to look for them. See if we could figure out what was making them aggressive and then warn the villagers.

"We ended up encountering a group of hunters being attacked by the wolves and when all was said and done, the wolf pack was decimated, the hunters had all been killed, and my friend and I barely escaped with our lives. We went back the following day and heard a keening whine. Turned out that there was a den in the area and that was what the wolves were defending. The only cub left was Bella. We decided to take her and see if we could domesticate her--she was probably all of four months old."

Nathan snickered suddenly. "We found out she doesn't like hot sauce. And now she tends to correlate smells with certain people."
"So what happened to your friend then Nathan?" Artair asked, now curious in the story

Alice began brushing through her hair with her fingers. Listening and watching Nathan as he spoke. Thinking it was ironic that he went to searching for something that would cause turmoil, but found something physical and breathing to love and keep next to him. Smiling now, not realizing she was till her cheeks hurt.

Nathan shrugged. "He's probably in some tavern, drinking away the rest of his coin and chasing skirts." He grinned as he pointedly avoided looking at Artair's kilt. "He wanted some time for fun, and I, er, wanted to be doing something productive. Like making money."

He glanced over at Alice and smiled when he saw her smiling. "So, I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you, yet. I've sort of heard Artair's tale, what's yours?"
"Oh yeah Alice." Artair turned his head, now looking down at her, "Tell us about yourself." He said, smiling friendly

She blinked, obviously unprepared to be asked a question that had never been directed at her. "I uh...well.." she looked down the road they were traveling. Then back at the two of them. "No ones asked that question to me before." she gave a nervous smile. "None ever stay around long enough to hear it. Or if they had, they wouldn't want nothing to do with me." She stated matter of factly. Everyone hated the Demon lord and his blood kin.
"Well were asking. Come on, Alice. Were all friends here. Don't feel left out, you see the group you're traveling with?" He said teasing her a bit

Nathan nodded. "I wouldn't mind hearing about it; if you want to tell it, that is. I'm a pretty good listener." He paused and then smiled ruefully. He wasn't one to wax eloquent usually, and yet he'd just done so. "I usually don't talk so much."

She gave a small laugh then sighed, "Well," where does one begin when nothing but sadness laid in her past. "I traveled alone, not by my own will." she hurriedly said the last part. "At one time I had everything, friends and family. But then the demon blood took over and changing my appearance. That's when people shunned me and banned me from home." Her throat began to tighten as she spoke. "There's really not much to tell you guys, since I have done nothing but stayed away from people."

Alice didn't want to get all sappy and weak looking again, and took a deep breath. "A year ago on my birthday, I got the gift of becoming a full demon from my father." She pulled at a curl of hair. "Now it's even harder to stay hidden, because everywhere I go. My aura seems to channel through people. Making them aware of what I am." But she got a puzzled look. "I must say, I am confused as to why none of you noticed. Not even Bella..." She raised an eyebrow at them.
Artair shrugged. "I only judge people on what I seen. You haven't done any bad that I have seen, so you're okay in my book."

"I think Bella did notice--which was why she was attracted to you earlier. But I think she senses you as a friend rather than a threat. You haven't harmed anyone and you're polite. I haven't felt anything, but I could just be oblivious to it."

Nathan sighed and stopped and dropped his pack to the ground. "Since I'm thinking of it now," he murmured, he reached into the pack and produced two long daggers. "There's really no telling when I might need them, but better to be safe than sorry." These he fit to his waist, where they were within easy reach should he need them, and then shrugged on his pack once again.

She was surprised, and very happy. Though it probably wouldn't last long. Soon they may see her full formed and they wouldn't think the same of her anyhow. "Thank you..." Alice watched as Nathan put on his daggers. She had a different weapon, but rather not reveal it now.
"You can use those daggers if you want, but I prefer this-" Artair said patting the hilt of his claymore. "-To keep the bad guys away."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking Sweetness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus