Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

Eugene (played by Miss)

Was let into the bar. Immediately, Eugene found himself and his action being frowned upon. That's fine, cause the shovel holding man could care less. Taking a whiff of a familiar smell, Eugene took the shovel off of his shoulder and held it beneath the shovel head. Stepping up to the bar, the man swung a leg over a stool and sat down, settling his shovel against the counter. Eugene scratched at the small scar on his cheek. Hanging his head between his hands, he asked the bar tenderess,

"What's your cheapest wine?"

Might as well get this job done, and done right.
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

@ Eugene

THe girl pulled up a small bottle and set it down in front of him. "Here you go Sir. What brings you to Jade hollow?"
Jocelyn (played by Jello_Monsta)

Jocelyn opened the window that was clear of vines, for once a bit of luck since it was unlocked. She crawled through, and was finally inside. She glanced around, the eerie feeling had never left her, but it almost seemed to intensify. "Please let this storm be over before sunset, please!" she begged some unknown force. She was terrified of the dark, as childish as it may seem. She thought about exploring, but decided she would stick to the downstairs part.

@ Jocelyn

The room was a small sitting room, perhaps it belonged to a den or something. Everything looked old and covered in dust, the chairs surrounding a small table. Against the wall was a shelf with a couple fallen books. The lights were off, and the lightswitch looked old and yellowed. The wind outside began to pick up.
Eugene (played by Miss)

Euegene eyes the bottle. They were getting smaller, like his wallet. Taking a hand to dig in his pocket, Eugene doesn't look at the girl,

"Business. I'm a..."

A few dirtied dollars were placed on the counter with a slap.

"Enviromen'al inspect'r. I dig in the dirt and get paid."

Dang straight he does.

Eugene takes the bottle and sniffs it. His face scrunches up. Smelled horrible, smelled like cheap wine. How he hated that smell.
Minnow (played by CookieLurv)

"Okay this must be a joke..." Minnow looked around the town with an invitation in her hand. Where exactly was this 'Archenstein Hall'? She looked over the letter once more for the thousandth time. Still not finding out any clues on who sent it. Her boots were making small clapping noises as she walked on the side walk and around a corner. Then sighing, "I think I've past this place before..." Frustrated with herself she hit her thigh with the paper.

Flashback...

Boredom had taken it's toll on Minnow and havoc usually happened when she was. Deciding to turn on her computer and look through some games she had downloaded only yesterday. Unfortunately, wind had picked up tremendously and cut her computer off. "Seriously?!" she banged on the computer with her hand. "I was almost done with that!" Grumbling and hearing Bia scratching at the door, wanting outside. "Be careful out there." She opened the door and watched her run out, but noticed a letter and picked it up. Looking it over, she looked from one side of her yard to the other before going back in.

End...

Thus her boredom sent her here, seeming to be more of a wild goose chase than a entertainment. Well maybe to who ever sent it, but she was not amused.

@ Eugene

The girl shrugged. "Fair enough. Although I don't know who would hire you around here. Have you checked with the town hall, maybe?"

@ Minnow

She was on the outskirt of the town, just passing an old gas station. Nearby was teh Local Library and cafe, and the rest of the town seemed to branch from there.
Jocelyn (played by Jello_Monsta)

Jocelyn glanced out the window as the wind picked up, and frowned. This was going to be a nasty storm. She glanced around the room that appeared to be a study of some sort. The books were all dusty, and they seemed to be old, but looked to be in good condition besides the dust.

@ Jocelyn

The wind rattled the house slightly, and the vibrations caused teh window to slam close behind the girl. A creaking could be heard in the house, or was it the light footsteps of someone walking in the hallway?
Eugene (played by Miss)

Eugene held the bottle and then set it back down on the counter. Leaning in, the man that smelled of cheap cigarettes told the girl,

"Look, girl, I'm self employ'd. I run my own business."

A drumming of fingers on the countertop, and then Eugene withdraws and grabs the bottle once again. Rotating in his chair, Eugene slides off and turns around to pick up his shovel, placing it back over his shoulder.

Reaching the door, the ragged man turned and said his goodbyes,

"Stay out of trouble, kid."

@ Eugene

The girl just blinked at him. and After he left she coughed. Outside a storm was brewing, the wind starting to pick up and rain threatening to fall.

Minnow looked at the buildings. Choosing the cafe and walked. Taking a seat next to the window and sighed. Buying cocoa seemed a good idea so she acted upon it hoping that it would be really good to her stomach.

@ Minnow

After taking care of her other guest, the old woman brought the girl her cocoa.

"Here you are. Hm, you're new in town, what brings you here?"

She put a finger on the invitation that sat on the table. "This." Minnow blew on her drink. Realizing that a storm was brewing outside. "I've been invited to a place called Archenstein Hall. I'm having no luck finding it." She took a sip.
Eugene (played by Miss)

Eugene walked past the two bouncers and looked up at the sky that darkened. The clouds gathered like Eugene's wrinkles on his forehead. He hated rain, it made his job so miserable. It was so flippin' fitting. At least the wine would keep him warm.

Taking drinks from the bottle in hand, Eugene made his way to this week's target. The something hall.

Didn't matter to him what the building was called. All he needed was to walk all past the unimportant buildings...

@ Eugene

The light pittering of rain started to touch his face as he walked through the town, the Manor a couple miles away.

@ Minnow

The woman frowned. "That's odd... Nobody has lived in Archenstein hall for years... I guess that's changed. It's up the road to the east, a couple miles."

The rain started to fall outside. "And I would hope you have some way to get tehre other than walking."

She shook her head sadly. "Unfortunately..." Then she took out some cash and paid her, plus a five dollar tip. "Thank you so much, you've been really helpful." At least she knew now that the place did in fact exist. Standing after she finished her drink off, she set it on the table and bowed at the lady. "Well I must be off."

@ Minnow

The lady smiled, nodding to her. "Such a well mannered girl..." Was the last thing Minnow heard as she left the cafe. The rain was still falling, the road to the manor stretching ahead. She couldn't see it yet for the trees, and it looked to be at least a 2 mile walk.

Her black hair stuck to her face as she began walking in the direction the lady had suggested. The rain seemed to have started and it soaked her to the bone.

@ Minnow

Eventually she cane to the huge manors gates. They were locked, and the walls did nit loo climbable.however she could squeeze through the bars. The door, which looked old and ominous as the rest of the place, was ajar.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus