Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

This is a modern day, real life horror themed RP. DO NOT bring in someone with powers, someone who is not human, someone who has all the gadgetry in the world, The Chosen One, the A-Team, or Superman! I will strip you of your whatever so fast you'll end up wishing Cthulhu was knocking on your door instead of me!

Rant over.

Play nice, abide by the rules (A.K.A. my word is law), and I will respond in turn. This is supposed to be fun, don't screw it up.
READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

Archenstein Hall is the subject of many a ghost story and conspiracy theories. The 3 story tall manor, with a huge acreage surrounded by a 10 foot tall stone wall could be called a fortress unto itself. The large wrought iron gates in the front are menacing enough to drive away most vandels and idiotic teenagers.

However, you are drawn to this place. Just on the outskirts of a small town called Jade Hollow you find this place of mystery. Why are you here? What draws you, what binds you?

In your starting post say why you are in this town. If you don't know, discuss with me. If you want info, ask the town.

IMPRTANT. NO excessive swearing on this Rp. You wanna curse, fine. But don't bring a sailor mouth here. It is offensive to me, and I find it disturbing to the rp.

";
Cody Wesson pulled his blue-black motorcycle over to the curb to double check his whereabouts on the map. While most normal people carried a cellphone with GPS, they also didn't carry two revolvers at their waist--though his were partially hidden by the leather jacket he wore over his black t-shirt; and his camouflage pants added to his militaristic look. He turned around to ruffle through the duffel bag on the back of his bike and produced a map as he idled loudly.

He glanced at the roadsigns and then narrowed down his location. Jade Hollow. A small little town full of conspiracies and rumors. A promising place to hide below the radar. Although it wasn't the town itself he was here for--it was a particular building: Archenstein Hall. He was gambling on the fact he might uncover new information within its ominous gates about the Resistance and it's long, bloody history with the tyrannical Government.

His stomach growled and he looked around. Right, the first thing he should do is get something to eat. Find a place where he might stay for a while, and ask about the location.

He entered a local restaurant where it seemed most of the locals hung out and settled himself down at the bar; a quick glance around identified any lurking police or bouncers.
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

The town only had two bars, one for the everyday folk, and a small gentleman's club on the other side of town. There were no police to be seen, but a few large men that could have been bouncers could be seen in the bar. They gave him a looking at, but paid him no real mind.

The young girl at teh bar looked barely legal, but was polishing the counter when he sat down like an aged pro. She gave him a small smile.

"What'll you have Sir?"
Relena Fabel (played by kuroi_neko)

A taxi pulled up, just inside of town, stopping just a few blocks past the city limits. A teenage girl sat inside, looking out with dark eyes to the town itself.

"Yes, this place definitely seems spooky," she said, sounding excited. "Thanks, I'll walk from here!" she said, paying the man driving, gathering her bags and stepping out of the car. Once the door shut, she turned, putting her hands onto her hips and looking out to what this place had to offer. But in truth, she was really only looking for one thing -- Archenstein Hall. She didn't know much about it, but she knew that there were mysterious revolving around the place. And that was what she was interested in for her story.

What better ground-breaking news article, than one about ghosts, ghouls, and the supernatural. She had come to this town for a story, and she was hell-bound on getting one.

Now all she needed to do, was find the place. And so she began wondering about, looking to find some information on where this place might be, and how she could get in.

She might have been obvious about not being from this town, with the attitude she carried, and the school uniform she wore. But, of course, she hadn't had time to change from that, when she left directly after classes when she heard mention of this place. Her dark hair was put up in a half pony-tail... one of her more casual looks.

There seemed to be no real place to go, except for a bar located nearby. She wasn't afraid to go in though, even when she saw the large men standing guard just inside the door.

"Don't worry," she said, holding her hand up to them. "I'm not here for drinks, I just need directions. Who can I talk to about that?"

The two men looked at each other then shrugged. They pointed across the road.

"That way is Nancy's Coffee Shop. Most people head there for information or directions."

The coffee shop was a nice looking place, with glass windows and a sign over teh door. The middle aged woman behind the counter was reading a newspaper, and looking somewhat bored.
Jocelyn (played by Jello_Monsta)

A young woman was walking down a long stretch of road, holding her cellphone in the air as she tried to get service. She had the worst luck ever, first her car broke down, and then her cellphone decided to not find service in this area. It also didn't help she had been walking down this road for a few miles, and not one car had passed by.

She sighed, putting her phone in her pocket. What was the point of having a cellphone if it didn't work everywhere? This whole week had been nothing but trouble the moment it started. She glanced around the road, she hated being alone out in the wilderness, it was creepy. She had seen far too many horror movies to know a girl didn't walk by herself in the middle of no where without something happening. She whimpered some, now making herself paranoid as her eyes bolted around at the scenery. That's when she saw it, her first sign of possibly good luck. There was a mansion up ahead, she could see the roof over the trees. She ran ahead in her excitement, perhaps they had a phone or could take her into town to get a mechanic to fix her car.

Once in front of the mansion she stopped, gulping. The mansion looked abandoned, and had an eerie feeling to it. "Maybe it's just aged, just go knock on the door." Jocelyn told herself, trying to get the guts to do it. She looked at the giant gates that encircled the mansion. She pulled on the gate, the lock on it was rusted shut. She frowned and glanced around, looking for another way in. She decided to squeeze through the bars since they were wide enough for her to fit through on one side.

Once she passed the gate she took a deep breath and then walked up to the door, she raised her hand, lightly knocking on the door. The door crept open right after, creaking as it went. Jocelyn gulped, starting to hyperventilate. "H-Hello!?" she called out, slowly poking her head in the door.
Eugene (played by Miss)

A man with a cigarette between his lips strolled into town after having parked his car just outside the town's area. That murky green 1970's Ford Pinto was parked on the shoulder of the road like disgarded trash, and the man had walked the rest of the way to save gas. With only his dirtied white shirt and pants, a shovel, a pack of cigaretts, and a lighter that cleary stated "Eff Communism" on the metalic front, the man would make his way further into town.

Pausing to settle his shovel against a street sign, the man rolled up his sleeves to the elbows while having a look around. The faint illumination of a nearby lampost revealed the man's busted nose, and a slight mark on his cheek.

Every time he tried to return to his patheticly small household, his sister would be waiting. Every time he came back with enough ill gotten money to get them by for a couple months. Every time that his funds were fully spent, his sister would break his nose after an anger filled shout match.

The Archenstein Hall is rumored to be haunted, but by George, so were the Egyptian tombs. Perhaps this was Eugene's chance to pull his tattered family relationship out of the gutters.

But first, a drink.

Eugene would suck in the rest of his burning death stick and flick the leftovers onto the road. Turning around, he clasped onto the shovel's handle and hoisted it over the shoulder. A few minutes of walking would bring him to the bouncers guarding what smelled like alchohol. Oh how he loved that smell.

"Any good drinks around 'ere?"

@Jocelyn

A cold burst of wind struck her, making her stagger back, and the door slammed shut in front of her hard, almost slamming on her fingers. The wind swirled in the air, leaves rustling in an ominous way. The door seemed locked now, the knob not turning.
Cody started to smile at the girl taking his order, but paused when he saw how young she was. "I'll take whatever is quick and cheap to make. And..." he scanned the bar, "a hard cider. Please."

He paused and then added, carefully, "I'm new to the area, but, do you know much about, er, the manor on the outskirts of the city? Is it guarded or anything?"

@Cody

The girl started to get his order, then paused at his.question . "the manor? That's Archenstein Hall.its a.bit of a landmark around here but... nobody likes to bother the place." She set his food in front of him. It was a roast beef sandwich and some chips with his cider.

"Unless you're into murder mystery, its not a very interesting."
Relena Fabel (played by kuroi_neko)

Relena would perk a brow when the man at the bar asked the woman behind it about the mansion. The same mansion she had been looking for. She listened for a moment but found the information hardly... Informing. She gave a sigh and decided to head toward the coffee shop. She barely avoided running into a man entering the bar. She quickly crossed the street and entered the little shop.

"Ah, excuse me," she said to the bored looking woman. "Do you know where I might find the... Archenstein Hall?"
Eugene (played by Miss)

Eugene was busy. Just outside the tavern door, the man would be having a conversation that teetered on booze consumption and the local whereabouts.

Turning to address the other bouncer on his right, the man shifted his posture and a younger female nearly ran straight into him and the shovel that was lazily held over his shoulder. Contorting his face into a scowl, the man hastily put pressure on the shovel's handle and lifted the sharpened metal to clear the rushing female's head.

Moving to yell at the hurried female's back, "Watch where your goin', ya gingersnappin' brat!"

Jocelyn shrieked as the door slammed in her face and the wind picked up, "Ohhh~! This is some bad voodoo stuff!" she cried out, scrambling back to the gate. She couldn't squeeze back through this time, and this further added to her panic. "Calm down, calm down." she chanted to herself, taking in deep breaths. "Let's just try to rationalize this, it's windy. It's just wind.". She repeated this a couple of more times, walking quickly to the gate and trying to open it again. She shook the bars, trying to break or jimmy the lock open.

@ Relena

The woman looked up from her paper, her eyes starring into Relena's. "...It's on the Eastern Road, heading out of town, then you take the left fork. It's a couple miles from here. What business do you have with that place?"

@ Eugene

The bouncers let him in, after teh other girl had run off. Besides a guy getting a pint and the girl at the bar, the place was relatively empty.

@Jocelyn

THe Iron gate was heavy and sturdy, not affected by the passing of time at all. The wind died down a bit, not quite as daunting. Clouds above now seemed evedent, the threat of rain on the mind. It was the stillness of the air that said this would be a bad storm.
"Ah, thank you. Do you know where I might find some more information about it?" He asked, scarfing down the meal as though it might be his last.

The activity at the other end of the bar drew his attention briefly and he scowled. It was just a few patrons acting up--nothing to get excited over.

@ Cody

The girl shrugged. "If it's about the manor... well, you could try the local library, they might have something. Or the Town Hall, i think there is some information there that isn't usually public access... Other than that you'd best go on yourself, all I can really tell you."

Jocelyn frowned at the gate, giving it one more good tug before giving up. She sighed heavily, looking up at the sky. "Of course it would rain. Why wouldn't it?" she said to herself, scowling at the invading clouds. It seemed she was going to have to enter this creepy mansion no matter what, she only hoped the storm moved by quickly.

She walked back up to the mansion, her shoulders sulking a bit as she looked for a way inside.

@Jocelyn

There was a window on either side of the door, although they looked to go to different rooms. One was covered in thick thorny vines, but the other seemed clear enough to get to. There were also unlocked.
Cody grinned at the prospect of gaining information from the Town Hall that wasn't usually up for public access. "That sounds perfect." He drained his cider and then set the mug down with a thunk. "The meal was fantastic, thanks!"

He reached into his jacket for his wallet and produced a roll of bills. "For the meal and for your help."

He headed for Town Hall where he could locate more information about Archenstein Hall. He walked up to the front desk and then leaned over it. "Hi, I'm looking for information on Archenstein Hall. Can you help me with that?"

@ Cody

The Town Hall looked older than anything else in the town. A two story place that belonged in an old west film. The man behind the counter matched the outside of the building, old and dusty. The desk clerk looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Well that all depends. What exactly are you looking for, and for what purpose?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus