Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

Cody rubbed absently at his eyes, as though doing so would bring the abstract art into focus.

"Lovely? I guess...?" He'd never been one for art appreciation and he wasn't about to start now. "What exactly did your master do for a living?" If it was art, he wondered what types of people would buy something like this.
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

@ Cody

"The Master has... multiple venues. Most of them in private businesses."

There was another door ahead, and teh woman went toward it. There was another, to her side that was slightly ajar. And when Cody got within eyeshot he thought he saw something, a human? scramble by on all fours.
Well that wasn't sketchy at ALL, Cody thought. The flash of movement already had him reaching for his revolver--though he checked himself before actually drawing it. Needless to say, his grip tightened on it, ready to draw and fire if need-be.

"What's in there?" Cody asked, nodding towards the doorway where he'd seen the creature.

@ Cody

The woman turned, her hair slipping from her eyes for a moment. They were a dark silver, something very alluring that caught his attention for a moment.

"What door?"

When she looked, there was no door there... Had it been there?

(Roll 1d6 for sanity loss)
Jocelyn (played by Jello_Monsta)

Jocelyn looked at the man, unsure of whether or not to believe him. After today's events you really couldn't blame her. "W-Where am I? What is this place!?" she asked in a whisper, her voice shaking slightly.

@ Jocelyn

The man shook his head. "I don't know... I've been down he for... I don't know how long... You're teh first person I've seen other than those monsters..."

She looked at him and frowned, "Monsters?" she said, her voice small like a child's. "What do you mean monsters?" she asked, willing to believe anything at this point.

@ Jocelyn

He frowned a little. "You know... surely you've seen them. The dead, the undead... all those freaky things..." He started to shake, hugging his arms for a moment.

She whimpered some, looking around. "Yeah, I've seen them.." she whispered, looking back at him. "T-This house, won't let me out..." she said panicked.
Eugene (played by Miss)

Eugene saw how badly his hands were cut. His job would have to wait. In the meantime, the man dug out his lighter. Covering the flame with his injured hand, the man started walking inbetween the trees. With the pain of his hands and the cauterization of his wound, Eugene walked with clenched teeth, his dull eyes staring contemptly at his hands. The shovel was held to Eugene's shoulder by his cheek.

At least the rain stopped. Or, it literally stopped, but Eugene didn't notice. He couldn't see the difference in the dark and the trees didn't help.
Silver eyes? What a bizzare color--but her comment caught him off guard.

"What door? The one right there!" There was one there, wasn't there?

rolled 1d6 and got 6

@ Jocelyn

"It won't let me out either.... I keep finding this staircase that never ends up or down..." He ran a shaky hand through his hair.

@ Eugene

The low moaning o the wind could be heard, the rain not falling on his anymore. But even as the wind stopped, the moaning continued. several dots of yellow could be seen flickering through the trees.

@ Cody

(You gain 6 insanity, welcome to mild halucinations.)

The woman shook her head. "No... this is the only door. You've been in this room all the time, right?" In fact, this was the door out... he'd always been in this room, and she was showing him the way out. Yeah, that had to be it...
Cody rubbed his temples briefly, trying to recall which door he'd entered from. He didn't remember. Had there been two doors or three in this room? Did it matter? Only in terms of mapping out the place in his head.

"Alright," he growled, feeling caught out and unsure of himself. "Keep leading the way. And where are we going now?"

"I have the worst luck!" She sobbed, still trying to wipe all the blood off of herself. "Stupid car, stupid phone, stupid storm, stupid house!" she ranted on, sniffling as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

@ Cody

The woman led on. "Next there is the east library. A very nice sort of place... at times." All around were shelves of books, reaching nearly to the ceiling. The place had that old book smell, and you couldn't tell where the light came from, it was so dimmed.

@ Jocelyn

The man kept silent. After a bit he looked up and around. "We have to keep moving... those swimmers will be around soon..."

"Sw-Swimmers?" she asked, panic in her voice. She started looking around the vast amount of water as she got up. "Do I dare ask what swimmers are?" she asked, glancing at the man.

@ jocelyn

"Think sharks that swim in blood and have arms... very creepy." The man stood and looked around, then motioned down a walkway on the side of the tunnel.

"Come on, the more you move the less they can find you."
A library! He could almost overlook the dimness of his surroundings as his curiosity got the better of him.

"What...what sorts of books are gathered here?" he asked, walking up to the nearest shelf to try to make out a title. The books seemed real enough; it certainly smelled like the old books' section at the library.

@ Cody

"Everything... More medical books than others, but we have a fine selection of foriegn fiction and folktales."

As he scanned, he would see he was in the geology section. The woman walked on, rounding a corner and getting out of view for a moment. The air got really really cold, then when he caught up things were normal again.
He tried not to let the woman out of sight when he coul help it, but he couldn't keep an eye on the books and on the woman at the same time. The blast of cool air made him shiver suddenly.

He looked up to check for airvents, but wasn't sure the dimlighting would allow for that. Where was his flashlight when he needed one? Oh well. He caught up to the woman.

"Did it get cold in here, or was that just me? Are the folktales of any interest?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Archenstein Hall -CLOSED-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus