Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » RP Repository VS The Keep Forums

Andryn Topic Starter

CelestinaGrey wrote:
MY KITCHEN SET!! D:

*sobs*

ANDRYN! *glares* GO FETCH IT. >(

Smoking craters aren't as fun as diamond kitchen sets.... *cries*
Psh. Excuse me? Do I look like I'm afraid of your whip, woman?!
No, but you ARE afraid of my +20 bat, remember? Now. Go. Fetch. >.>

(P.S. I am about to miss everything that happens in the two threads I've been keeping up with. I need to go eat. xD)
CelestinaGrey wrote:
No, but you ARE afraid of my +20 bat, remember? Now. Go. Fetch. >.>

(P.S. I am about to miss everything that happens in the two threads I've been keeping up with. I need to go eat. xD)

Have some good nomnoms!
Speaking of food, I just ate chicken. And I have an hour before class. Anyone wanna note me their msn/aim/yim and chat?

Until then, I will hold this lovely kitchen set ransom!
Meedleboot wrote:
Speaking of food, I just ate chicken. And I have an hour before class. Anyone wanna note me their msn/aim/yim and chat?

Noooo my kitchen set!! D:

And yes I had good noms, actually, spaghetti. :)

MSN ME MEEDLE!
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Meedleboot wrote:

Noooo my kitchen set!! D:

And yes I had good noms, actually, spaghetti. :)

MSN ME MEEDLE!

Oooh. i love spahgetti. *gives kitchen set back and adds to MSN*
This entire thread made me LOL.

wtf is the keep anyway? ive never heard of it. (cause im a fail Dx)
It's a website full of douchebags who refuse to RP with "Furries" (aany character with ANY fur on their skin at all), despite how good your character is. For someone like me, it's very hard to find rp there at times. Granted, there are cool people there, but just stay away from the Main Hall if you don't want aany trouble with trolls (they're annoying and insanely immature).
Well, okay, the first part is a bit of an overstatement. Pretty much, just stay away from the main hall. http://www.nexxushost.com/rpg/thekeep/index.php
This thread has firmly cemented my love for this website. ^^
Meedleboot wrote:
Granted, there are cool people there

Yes! Andryn totally made it to the 'cool people' group.
Except he won't RP with me which kinda makes me sad :c
... mostly because I'm too much of a butt to rp with my other characters. So it's pretty much my doing :B

He is indeed, diamonds, though.
Actually, I tried to get another one of my friends who shares the same basic veiws to join, but he won't. Lack of time and crap
Hmmm.. this seems to be less of an RP discussion and rather the bashing of another website.
Just saying it how it is for lots of the members there :P

When you do manage to find rp there, though, it's pretty badass.
Dylan wrote:
Hmmm.. this seems to be less of an RP discussion and rather the bashing of another website.

It's not bashing when it's the truth (that and we actually have some nice things to say about 'the other site' as well). And it is an RP discussion, moreover the lack of RP and quantity of of trolling. You could always go check it out yourself ;)
My kitchen set!! *luffles*

Yeah, there's pros and cons to all the sites. The cons just tend to stick out more, especially if it's because of meany douchebags.

And Trinfan, yes, this site is epic <3
Earendill wrote:
Dylan wrote:

It's not bashing when it's the truth (that and we actually have some nice things to say about 'the other site' as well). And it is an RP discussion, moreover the lack of RP and quantity of of trolling. You could always go check it out yourself ;)

I certainly could! I only bring it up because I wouldn't want to see people here have similar behaviour as the other place is being accused of! Perhaps not trolling, but what could be taken as elitism and just.. well, plain old meanness.

I actually have tried to look it up, but I either keep on getting sent to the wrong site (as I didn't see a link for it in the OP) or it just has a really, really bad layout that I didn't bother venturing forth much farther.
Dylan wrote:
I actually have tried to look it up, but I either keep on getting sent to the wrong site (as I didn't see a link for it in the OP) or it just has a really, really bad layout that I didn't bother venturing forth much farther.

I find the layout a bit confusing. I checked it out momentarily, I never actually went in, but the front page was a bit confusing for me.
Kim Site Admin

Much as I adore the silliness, comradery and general praise for this site that's been going on here, Dylan isn't the first person to express some discomfort with the tone being taken toward the Keep.

It sucks that you've had such bad experiences with the Keep, but it sounds like you've had some good ones too. Let's just leave it at that anyone who tells a new person off when they ask to learn how to RP around here will get backhanded so hard their ancestors will feel it.
Kim wrote:
Much as I adore the silliness, comradery and general praise for this site that's been going on here, Dylan isn't the first person to express some discomfort with the tone being taken toward the Keep.

It sucks that you've had such bad experiences with the Keep, but it sounds like you've had some good ones too. Let's just leave it at that anyone who tells a new person off when they ask to learn how to RP around here will get backhanded so hard their ancestors will feel it.

Then they should really take a decent look at this topic. And I'm pointing specifically towards Andryn's post of the first page:
Andryn wrote:
It's not so much TK as a whole as much as certain parts of it. There are still certain refuges of sanity I enjoy, like the Forest or the West Tower, or even occasionally the Garden. But places like the Lobby, MainHall, or Pub are just sort of "No Fly Zones" for me.

Which should make it clear we're not really bashing on The Keep. Merely warning people of what's likely to happen in certain areas of it. If people take discomfort in -that-, then they should just check out those areas for themselves and see something really discomforting. If anything, we're helping people to RP at The Keep if they want by pointing out not everything is as bad in there as it may seem when you first register and go to some main rooms.
I like to inform people of both sides of the sword and that's just what this topic is for. I highly doubt that any of us in here have any intention of putting The Keep in such a bad light that no one will ever want to RP there. And, if we do happen to have done that in the eyes of some, then I do apologize. I have to admit we can get carried away in our silliness :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » RP Repository VS The Keep Forums

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus