Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Ilmarinen Moderator

Quote:
Doctor Who (recognize my icon? Obviously). Three is my Doctor. Jon Pertwee is badass.

I love you. Can we get married and have babies who also adore Pertwee?

The UNIT years, the Key to Time season, and the Tegan/Nyssa/Adric times were my favorites. <3

Isn't your icon from the episode where there were a bunch of copies made of the Mona Lisa and the Doctor visits da Vinci and stuff? It's been SO LONG since I've been able to watch any of them... they don't air anymore and I don't have any of the seasons. ;__;
Heimdall wrote:
I love you. Can we get married and have babies who also adore Pertwee?

The UNIT years, the Key to Time season, and the Tegan/Nyssa/Adric times were my favorites. <3

Isn't your icon from the episode where there were a bunch of copies made of the Mona Lisa and the Doctor visits da Vinci and stuff? It's been SO LONG since I've been able to watch any of them... they don't air anymore and I don't have any of the seasons. ;__;
Should I switch over to one of my numerous Third Doctor icons?

Yup. City of Death is what it's called. He juuust misses da Vinci (probably because they weren't prepared to have an actual actor play him). I rewatch a lot of them online, but there are a few stores that sell the DVDs, so I collect my favourites. Season sixteen (Romana I) mostly, and as many Pertwee stories as I can get my hands on. Troughton too.

UNIT's just awesome. I really wish they would cameo the Brig in the new series. They let him show up in the SJA show apparently! Also, I just received this in the mail: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Doctor-Bessie-Quality-Enamel-Pin-Badge-/260716950484?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3cb3f0f3d4#ht_806wt_905 To show how dorky I am. I plan to get a classic UNIT circle patch as well, for my jacket. One of these days.
Ilmarinen Moderator

You are a most excellent individual in all ways.

If I didn't hate watching TV online (for some reason) I would try and track down some of the episodes. As it is, I'm holding out to get one of the seasons for a birthday or something.

They haven't cameo'd the Brigadier? This makes me sad. I've only seen a handful of the new ones, and while one of them was stunningly good, the others were meh.
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

The Brigadier had a fairly important role to play in those two episodes of SJA but that show is a bit hit and miss.
Yeah, SJA enjoys cameoing the occasional ClassicWho companion. They had Jo on it a couple of... episodes or specials or some time ago (I don't actually follow it, I just watched it for Jo). It was the same episode they had Eleven show up in.

Yeah, I really wish they would bring a few of them over to the new series. It'd definitely make me watch it more actively. I've been keeping up with series five, but I haven't seen a lot of series' 1-4. I've seen larger chunks of S4, just because Donna rocks.

I actually saved up all my money to get a big-screen computer monitor, so if it's a good enough upload of the episode, I can just pull up a lounging chair and it's aaaalmost like TV.

There was a short they did for a charity night a few years ago, which had the Tenth Doctor meeting the Fifth. It's called Time Crash and you can probably find it on YouTube.

I'd also like to add a new British scifi show to my list. It's called Outcasts and is about people who have settled on another planet. It had a slightly slow start but the concept was interesting enough to keep me watching. Glad I did, it's coming on really well now.
Time Crash is on YT, and it is adorable. Ten is such a fanboy of Five. XD

I think he was David Tennant's favourite Doctor when growing up :)

And while we're on the subject of Doctor Who, hopefully I'll have some interesting photos to post tomorrow ;)

A sad day for Doctor Who fans :(

Link

Another sad day for Doctor Who fans.

Link

She was one of the most popular companions, especially from the old series, so I imagine she'll be missed greatly :(
A LOT of anime shows, to be blunt, if I actually started listing them, I'd be here all night.

I also LOVE British Television, Merlin, Doctor who, Misfits, Sherlock etc. Though I do have normal ones, House, Big Bang Theory, Glee, Community, 30 Rock, Conan.

use to watch alot of cartoons, but I don't watching tv much anymore, everything I watch is online, or I buy the series.
darth_angelus wrote:
Another sad day for Doctor Who fans.

Link

She was one of the most popular companions, especially from the old series, so I imagine she'll be missed greatly :(

Uuugh, I started crying when I found out. I loved Sarah.
Rogue-Scribe

Good ol TV shows! There have been many over the years!

I’ve enjoyed The Twilight Zone (Rod Serling original) series. Very inspiring to me along with the Original Star Trek.

I have always like the war tv series, like Combat, M.A.S.H., China Beach, and Tour of Duty. There was a one-season series on FX in... 2004... called Over There that was quite good, but I think it came out too soon. The subject matter of Iraq was too near and in fact still ongoing, and people wanted to watch tv to escape reality. I do like the new series Das Boot... looking forward to season 2.

And I’ve been a fan of The Vikings, and of Sons of Anarchy. I could go on and on...

(Necro I know. Loved seeing some names here that are still active)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus