Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Ah, okay, thanks!

....Darth, I honestly did not know any of those. I've heard of Thundercats, but that's it.
It's time for you to feel old now.
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Thanks for that. I'm only 27 :P
I'm 20. 7 years is a lot in cartoon terms ;D YOU OLD MAN.
darth_angelus wrote:
Thanks for that. I'm only 27 :P

I have a sister that age. I'll have to ask her if she remembers any of those. xD

Eare is right, 7 is a lot in cartoon terms. XD *pats*
Oh good, I'm not the oldest person on here, that makes me feel better.

Thundercats was golden- sorta curious about how the new one is going to be, but it's good to see that they've stuck with the same basic designs for the characters. Also loved Masters of the Universe (I was obsessed with He-Man as a kid) and oldschool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'm starting to feel like I'm 270 :P

I had the action figures for the original Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. For some reason, the name was changed here.
Kim Site Admin

Andryn wrote:
Oh good, I'm not the oldest person on here, that makes me feel better.

You are not even close to the oldest person on here. Nor is Darth, for that matter, but above 30 people seem to get much more uptight about hiding their birthdays from the public.

Thankyou Kim, now don't feel 270 anymore :)
SeraphicStar

I used to love TMNT (they only got here in 1999 or so. I hate my country). Especially Shredder. I have a thing for fail!baddies.
I ADORE TMNT!!! I love them soooo much!!!

When my brother was over one time, they had this TMNT movie that had the new Turtles, old Turtles, and COMIC Turtles. It was so awesome!!
Andryn wrote:
Also loved Masters of the Universe (I was obsessed with He-Man as a kid) and oldschool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh man, I was waaaay too young to see the original He-Man, but I caught the 2002 remake... I sort of liked it, actually, on its own. Nothing to compare it to, y'know?

And what else-- Oh! There was a Pac-Man show back in the 80s, too! I saw its Christmas special one year on CN and fell in love with it. Durhur I'm such a Pac-Man nerd/fan. Did anyone else ever catch that one?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Has no one mentioned Pokemon yet? ;) My Big Childhood Trio was Pokemon, Hercules (the Disney one where he's in high school) and the Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog. That's what you watched when you didn't get any channels. XD Though I watched many of the aforementioned when I was at the houses of people with cable--and man, was it ever sweet.

Shows now are getting weird. Like Chowder, Adventure Time, and Flapjack. I like them (some more than others), but they're kinda freaky. XD I liked the AT pilot more than the show itself.

And speaking of pilots, if Korgoth of Barbaria were ever made into a show, I would watch it religiously and get all the toys. (PS: That link there is for grown-ups!) Screw you Adult Swim, I can TOTALLY handle more than one!

[edit]
I will also admit to liking Superjail.

[edit2]
And Xavier, but only under certain... circumstances.
Dragonfire Moderator

The third season of Digimon was done by some of the same team as did Serial Experiments Lain. I always wondered, way back when, why season three was so different from the first couple of seasons. :P I was a watcher of Pokemon, too, up until probably the third or fourth season, and then got tired of Pokemon/trainer-of-the-day filler crap.

I don't really watch a lot of TV these days, though. I did follow The Walking Dead (and normally I hate gory stuff, but the story was interesting), but aside from that, and your basic news-y and random bits of channel surfing, eh.

I still pop Firefly in the DVD player now and then, though, and I've got a large-ish collection of cartoons from the '80s and '90s.

...Actually, the dueling cellists on the other page reminds me...

OMG Knights of Tir na Nog! I forgot about that show! I didn't get to see much of it, but I liked what I saw! Also reminds me of...

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Young Hercules
Xena: Warrior Princess
Power Rangers (Up until they started changing casts every season)
Big Bad Beetle Borgs
Street Sharks
Savage Dragon
Double Dragon
Tiny Toon Adventures
Heimdall wrote:
Has no one mentioned Pokemon yet? ;)

ACTUALLY, I only liked the first season. <:U And I am still upset that they never aired the "Tower of Terror" episode. ;~; Ilu ghosties.

But on occasion I'll watch the current Sinnoh season if I happen to remember to catch it. Otherwise, not a huuuuge Pokemon anime fan.
Dragonfire Moderator

Copper_Dragon wrote:
And I am still upset that they never aired the "Tower of Terror" episode. ;~; Ilu ghosties.

Eh? That wasn't one of the banned episodes from the first season, was it? I clearly remember seeing it a couple of times. (Was always a great 'proof' episode for Pokeshippers, too - I mean, I wasn't into that kind of fanthing or anything, no! *innocent whistle*)
Dragonfire wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
And I am still upset that they never aired the "Tower of Terror" episode. ;~; Ilu ghosties.

Eh? That wasn't one of the banned episodes from the first season, was it? I clearly remember seeing it a couple of times. (Was always a great 'proof' episode for Pokeshippers, too - I mean, I wasn't into that kind of fanthing or anything, no! *innocent whistle*)

Yeah, it was. D: After 9/11, they were afraid that people would get offended/upset at the title, so 4Kids took it out.
I can't remember all the stuff I've watched but lately I've been watching a lot of the DC comics animated stuff, but I remember as a kid I used to love the first season of Digimon. On that note: Dragonball Z has yet to be mentioned and I know some of you on here had to have watched it. I'm still a DBZ nut today - and yyyes, I know how silly it is and all that, but if you watch Dragonball for the plot then you have something wrong with you.

Also, needs MOAR Stargate SG1.

Favorites, from what I can remember right now, not in order:
  • Doug
  • Digimon, first season
  • Batman: The Animated Series
  • Superman: TAS
  • Dragonball Z (GT was an abomination to me)
  • One of those old Sonic series. I think it was either the original or Underground. He had Urkel's voice
  • Older Saturday Night Live stuff - mostly stuff with Chris Farley
  • Every commercial by Isiah Mustafa - Look at your man. Now back to me. Now back at your man. Now back to ME. Yeah, him.
  • Stargate SG-1
  • Rocko's Modern Life - interestingly, one of my cousins was banned from watching this show because her mom didn't like it.

We should expand this to movies, too D:

Here's a list of all the shows I enjoy (or enjoyed before they ended or were cancelled) in no particular order :)
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Caprica
  • Babylon 5
  • Star Trek (all except Enterprise)
  • Buffy and Angel
  • Firefly
  • Dollhouse
  • Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis and Universe)
  • Doctor Who
  • Torchwood
  • Merlin
  • Sherlock
  • The Guild
  • Warehouse 13
  • Spooks
  • FlashForward
  • Supernatural
  • Chuck
  • Futurama
  • Lost
  • The X-Files
  • Farscape
  • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
  • Scrubs
  • QI
  • Have I got News For You
  • The Clone Wars

If I add movies to that, it's going to be a very long list ;)
Dragonfire Moderator

Copper_Dragon wrote:
After 9/11, they were afraid that people would get offended/upset at the title, so 4Kids took it out.

:\ Well, that's a bummer. Changing the title wasn't an option, pfft? That maaay have only been something that happened in the States, though - I'm pretty sure I've seen repeats of the episode on YTV after that.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus