Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Bonebag wrote:
  • One of those old Sonic series. I think it was either the original or Underground. He had Urkel's voice.
It wasn't Underground, Underground had the two other punk-rock hedgehogs, and they were in a band. Twas terarded.
SeraphicStar

I liked that Sonic show that was a bit like Road Runner and Coyote. I had it on video. *hums song*
Remember when Knuckles actually used to properly fill his role of token black guy? Those were good days.

FUN FACT: A Knuckles bursting out of the ground before the first level starts is the only way to stop Super Sonic in his tracks - his emeralds will fly out of his body, and his invincibility frames will render momentarily whilst his sidekick catches up. Ten points and a cookie to whoever names that game :D.
Dragonfire wrote:
: Well, that's a bummer. Changing the title wasn't an option, pfft? That maaay have only been something that happened in the States, though - I'm pretty sure I've seen repeats of the episode on YTV after that.

Yeah, it was a States sort of thing. I believe that episode was already on TV prior to September 11th-- so changing the title wasn't really an easy solution.

Has anyone mentioned Ren & Stimpy yet? I have no idea why my parents let me watch that-- and trust me, they supervised me good and proper.
However, my older cousin couldn't watch it. There'd be that awkward moment where it'd come on after some other show, and I'd have to scurry to find the remote and change it before his parents noticed. xD; Do'h!
I feel so awkwardly out of the loop, because most of the shows being named here, I've never heard of. And most of the rest, I didn't watch.

My tiny list of TV faves:

Sailor Moon (fuck you, Cloverway, I'm still coming for you with a machete)
Pokemon (back when there were only 151)
Gundam Wing
Doctor Who (both the original and the revival, Nine forever X3 )
Firefly

And that's it. I didn't really watch TV growing up- I read books instead. ^^;
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Doctor Who! I prefer ten and eleven though :)

I live near Cardiff too.
Nine was my first, and I adore Christopher Eccleston, so his Doctor is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, Ten was badass and Eleven is adorable, but Nine has a special place in my heart, just like One does. ^^
Doctor Who (All of them, and I love them all, mostly equally, though Ten and Six have a wee bit more on the 'love' scale)
Firefly
Xena
Gargoyles
House
Sherlock
Criminal Minds
Lie to Me
Big Bang Theory
Bones
Battlestar Galactica
Babylon 5
Buffy and Angel
Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and Universe
Farscape
First two seasons of Pokemon
First two seasons of Digimon
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Dinosaurs ("NOT THE MAMA!")
Castle
Dragon Ball Z
Rocko's Modern Life
Cat-Dog
Supernatural
The Tick
Monster Rancher
Watership Down
---

Well, there is a lot more than that, probably, but I can't remember all of them

Bones! I can't believe I forgot it :(

It's the only show crime show I enjoy.

As for Doctor Who, four was the first I saw in Genesis of the Daleks, thanks to the BBC repeating some old episodes in the early 90s.
Doctor Who (recognize my icon? Obviously). Three is my Doctor. Jon Pertwee is badass. I don't follow the new series as strongly, but I like Eleven. Although I have an irrational hatred of his clip-on suspenders. He should switch to button-on. Clip-ons make me rage.

Following this, my two second favourite shows are: Due South, and Murdoch Mysteries

Otherwise, I watch/follow: Star Trek (any, although I like Voyager because of The Doctor), Stargate (any, although I don't watch it consistently enough to have any idea what's going on, and I haven't seen a full episode of Universe yet), The Mentalist, and occasionally Lie to Me. Bones when I remember, and Big Bang Theory.

I watched a crapload of Reboot and Digimon as a kid. And Sailormoon.

Yep, I recognise Romana in your icon. Good choice :)
AJ_89 wrote:
Doctor Who (recognize my icon? Obviously). Three is my Doctor. Jon Pertwee is badass. I don't follow the new series as strongly, but I like Eleven. Although I have an irrational hatred of his clip-on suspenders. He should switch to button-on. Clip-ons make me rage.

Following this, my two second favourite shows are: Due South, and Murdoch Mysteries

Otherwise, I watch/follow: Star Trek (any, although I like Voyager because of The Doctor), Stargate (any, although I don't watch it consistently enough to have any idea what's going on, and I haven't seen a full episode of Universe yet), The Mentalist, and occasionally Lie to Me. Bones when I remember, and Big Bang Theory.

I watched a crapload of Reboot and Digimon as a kid. And Sailormoon.
Oh I know! I hate the clip on suspenders.

I forgot Reboot! There were rumors of a movie happening this year, but that was a while back....
AJ_89 wrote:
... And Sailormoon.
Oh god yes. I can't remember when the last time was that I watched that or a Super Sentai (Power Rangers) episode/incarnation was. Stay away from Jupiter. She's mine. Also, I might get shot for this, but I haven't seen anything Doctor Who related before. What is it?
Bonebag wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:
... And Sailormoon.
Oh god yes. I can't remember when the last time was that I watched that or a Super Sentai (Power Rangers) episode/incarnation was. Stay away from Jupiter. She's mine. Also, I might get shot for this, but I haven't seen anything Doctor Who related before. What is it?

-blinks and drags Bonebag to the wonderful world of Sidereel.-
Bonebag wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:
... And Sailormoon.

Pluto's mine! *possesive!clings* > >
Yuka

Bones, NCIS, The Mentalist and all the CSI's.
Inspiration for some of my characters has included Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Sharpe <3
senny wrote:
... and all the CSI's. ...

caruso2.png
MorganElevrate wrote:
Oh I know! I hate the clip on suspenders.

I forgot Reboot! There were rumors of a movie happening this year, but that was a while back....
As an avid and eccentric suspender-wearer, it makes me cringe.
Bonebag wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:
... And Sailormoon.
START WITH SEASON SEVEN.

I mean.

Fiiine, watch NewWho first. See if I care.

Friggin' Miami. I can't watch it without facepalming. But I ended an RP once with an OOC narration referencing it.
AJ_89 wrote:
START WITH SEASON SEVEN.
Friggin' Miami. I can't watch it without facepalming. But I ended an RP once with an OOC narration referencing it.
You would not believe how many people have pm'd me about this. Also: YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
PMed you in confusion, or in AAAAWESOME?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Which shows do you enjoy?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus