Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Kudopocalypse

Well, Loki, I'm trying to say that I don't want someone saying "OMG SHE'5 TOTAL7Y FR3KIN AW35OM3!!" on one of my characters page when they haven't even RPed with her or read her stories.

None of my characters pages go far in-depth into who they are or how they function in the world because there are so many possibilities (i.e. plots). Because of this, I think it is hard for someone to know how "cool" she can be unless they play with her or read another RP of mine.

If you just glance over my character's pages, you can see how there is almost no information on them so if a stranger thinks the character is awesome without playing in an RP with them or reading something they are in and then they compliment the character... xD IDK, it just seems off to me.

*Also, I'm not trying to limit everyone, I would just like some effort to be put into any kudos I receive, you know? :c I want my character to REALLY be that awesome! :D

I WANNA FEEL LIKE I EARNED IT!! 8D
Sometimes it is nice to receive words of encouragement on a project you have just started... same goes for characters. I can understand wanting to earn it! But not everyone will know that.

I really like to give out kudos to players, because I think it is really, really nice to compliment the person on the work they done. Even if they have 10 relatively bare characters posted... that is still ten characters they had to think up! Heck, I've given lots of players kudos and have never RPed with them or directly posted to them... they just had some interesting things to say on the forums.

I think kudos are sweet and a nice random thing to receive, no matter who they are given to or where they come from! And if for some reason you don't like the kudos you received... well, there is an option to delete them! You can even do that yourself, http://www.rprepository.com/manageKudos.php -- I'd rather hope my words of encouragement were left up, I'd be sad to have seen them deleted!

I'd like to feel like a Kudopocalypse, as it's been named, is not about hitting a number... but digging through and finding awesome characters. You're sent out to hunt for cool characters and wonderful players. The first time around I had more time on my hands to go through those on my friends list and actually read their character pages. A lot of the people on RPR I don't RP with, but they still have really cool characters!
Loki Topic Starter

I agree Dylan :) The number is more of just a fun goal. I really have made some new friends and started up a couple of new rps just because someone PM'd me to thank me for the Kudos that I gave them. I think it's just a lot of fun, and there are -so- many cool people/characters that I haven't even seen yet. Not everyone that's awesome is super active on the ooc forums :D
I completely agree on most points stated here.
Especially on Loki's point, not everyone that's awesome is super active on OOC forums.
And this is SO true.

And with the kudopacalypse, some of these people and their characters get the recognition they deserve!
Jetticus

Ishu wrote:
LoL~ I find that kind of silly. I wouldn't want kudos if the person hadn't RPed with that character as they would not know their true potential. My profiles are pretty bland, lol, and a lot of details are left out so I can fill them in based on specific plot lines. o 3o

( ^ how is that complaining? -strangles jetticus- )

Lol my friend I was more or less stating you were the only one in these forums with negative words lol. It's fine though I have-*begins to choke* hey... wait... *dies*

brrrRRRRRAAAAAAINNNNNSSSSssss...
Sanne Moderator

Kudos can also be a comment on the idea. I may not be able to fully appreciate the character because I don't know their background and didn't RP with them, but I'm assuming you're putting a profile up for a reason? Usually it's to provide information to entice others to roleplay with you.

That by itself can be worthy of a kudos. "This character looks like they'd be fun to roleplay with." Does that still look like a undeserving kudos? To me it's a compliment that I managed to make a character interesting enough to capture someone's attention with minimal information. :)
Taciturn

Oh man, is this still going on?
I hope I didn't miss it.
Loki Topic Starter

Still going Beinnj! Keep giving out Kudos to your hearts content! As far as I know we haven't hit our goal yet :)
Taciturn

Loki wrote:
Still going Beinnj! Keep giving out Kudos to your hearts content! As far as I know we haven't hit our goal yet :)

Haha, awesome!
Kim Site Admin

1,705! You are going so strong.

I need to make a place where you guys can check this too. :)
need to get my butt back on this again. Ha ha, been a bit lazy.
I just want to pop in and say that I love logging in to see the kudos that my friends on here have gotten. I haven't been around too terribly long, and so am only part of two RPs, but I've met some cool people, and I like to see what others think about them and their characters as well!
It is really great to read all the nice Kudos!
Both for others and for yourself!

I love seeing who people have been having fun with, and it makes me wanna start more and more roleplays.
KUDOS...AND STUFF...XD
Loki Topic Starter

That is adorable Kyra XD I love it! :) Yaaaaaay! More Kudos! Keep giving them out guys! :D
Kim Site Admin

You guys seemed to stall out around the 1700s... We're at 1780 now, which is a pretty respectably gigantic number. :)
Kim Site Admin

Today is Moderator Appreciation Day. I'm hoping to see lots of kudos given to our mods! Just for the sake of science, I checked: We were at 1800 kudos at the very beginning of the day. I can't wait to see where we are in another 24 hours! :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

If each moderator gets 40 kudos today, we'll make it to 200! :)
Sanne Moderator

Holy moly, 40 per moderator? I better open a few hours in my schedule for reading! XD
Kim Site Admin

Yesterday saw 70 kudos given, for a total of 1870!

I'll tell you what, if you can hit 2000 by the end of the week, I'll come up with something special to release. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Kudopocalypse

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus