Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Morlia Artiran (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''But I like my name. Just that..Uuuh...I lost my gender from the curse..''
Murat frowned. "Lost your...?" He flushed. "Are you sure about that, Morlia?" Of course how could he not be sure about something like that.

Murat stood and dusted himself off, looking down at the armored man. "Would you perhaps like something, uh, lighter to wear? I've got a spare tunic and such. They should fit."

''I'll be fine. I've had this on for decades and it's still protecting me from danger.''
"If you say so." Murat didn't sound convinced.

"Hey Cassandra, we know where the thunderbird temple is, you wanna come?"

Hassan decided to speak up then. "Hey, Morlia, one question: Do you still have that wind rune inscribed on your leg?"

''Yes, why?''
"Have you tried doing anything, say like, manipulating the wind?" Hassan asked. "Because Cassandra..." he looked around for her and then continued, "has one for sand and she's able to control sand."

Murat blinked. Why was Hassan bringing this up now?

''I use the wind to keep sand away from here, as well as use it to teach baby birds how to fly.''
Murat chuckled at Hassan's surprise. "Well, that's good to know," said Hassan, almost grudgingly.

Murat regarded the fox-human. "Have you always had the rune? Or was it part of the curse?"

''I was born with it. Legends are rampant that these runes are signs that one has been blessed by an elemental bird whos type is the same as the rune.''
"So that would explain a few things," murmured Murat. "Like why our city has yet to be covered too badly by sandstorms."

Hassan sighed. "Well, are you planning on coming to the Thunderbird temple with us? I don't think Murat wants to leave you alone like this."

Mor snots then nods. ''A temple also inhabited by a wind bird, a creature one can't see but can feel. Made if jet stream currents.''
"That should be fun," Murat said, and slowly withdrew from the tent. He looked for Cassandra. "Hey, Cass? We're heading to the thunderbird temple--and we might run into another type of wind bird."
Cassandra (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Cass was looking at a standing stone curiously, one inscribed with aincent words. ''Hey Murat? Hassan? I found this stone in rubble. What is it? It ha pictures of people fighting and then dates of death. Then it describes an illness that caused the sufferer to get too hot like a desert then die painfully because they got cooked, literally, inside out.''
Murat and Hassan came over to have a look at the stone.

"It looks like a memorial," Murat said, gently reaching out to touch the inscriptions. "But I have no idea who would have done this."

Hassan shrugged and caught Murat's hand before he could touch the stone. "I wouldn't touch it, if I were you."

"It's just stone, Hassan." But Murat dropped his hand to his side. "Maybe Mor knows about it?"

Morlia walked over, and nodded. ''The last testament of those who fell to the desert flu...'' Ears and head hung down a bit.
Murat winced. "I don't know, Mor. If our positions had been switched, I think I would have done the same." He shuddered. "Being baked from the inside out...had to be excruciating."

''They call me a murderer, but I was lucky enough to have not got ill too. It was inside raw fish meat.''
"Raw fish? You mean from the destruction of a Sandbird?" Murat shuddered. Why would anyone eat raw fish? Even if it had been in the heat of the sand they still required cooking.

"I think the curse was the raw fish," Hassan interrupted. "You were given another chance being turned into a fox."

Mori growled at Hassan. ''What makes you think so?''
"Well, if you hadn't been turned to a fox, you probably would have caught the same illness. At the very least, you were given a chance to start over..." Hassan shrugged."I didn't say it would be easy to come to terms with."

Murat sighed. "Well, frankly, I'm not sure any of it's good." He searched the stone for any sign of a fox engraving. "Everything happens for a reason, but it's difficult sometimes to tell what that reason is. Anyway, the sooner we get to the temple, the sooner we can head home."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus