Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Morlia Artiran (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

The only engraving showed a mother fox defending her children with her fur frizzed out. Mor nodded and started to head to the temple, sighing. Cass nuzzled Murat, purring loudly.
Murat gently pet Cass' head and then rose to follow Mor and Hassan, who lingered a pace behind Mor.

"We'll figure it out, Cass. Don't worry." Murat murmured.
Cassandra (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Cass follows Murat. ''Maybe Morlia was born a fox?''
Murat thought about that for a moment. "Born a fox? But he's been human for the time that I've known him." He stopped short and looked at Cass. "You're not implying that he's actually a kitsune..."

''Well, kitsunes can disquise themselves as humans. I'm doubting it, but it does make one wonder.''
"That and coupled with the wind rune, it's not exactly normal." Murat agreed. Plus there was that little detail of the bounty on Mor's head. Surely, 100 was a bit extravagant for one man. Was there something else at stake?

''And why is his bounty so high?''
Murat nodded as Cass seemed to read his mind. "My thoughts exactly." He watched Mor from behind, and then Hassan who seemed to be watching Mor too closely to be following.

Mor looks around nervously. ''W..What? Why are you all staring at me?' His bushy tail swaying lightly.
Hassan shrugged. "I just think it's interesting how one man can get such a high bounty on his head for being supposedly cursed."

Murat hesitated. "We have another theory, but...we're not sure how accurate it is."

Mori glared at Murat harshly. ''What is it then?''
Murat lifted his empty hands in surrender. "Just that maybe you're actually a fox?"

''I'm a human!'' They hissed, pointing the falchion at him threatingly. ''Not a fox, Murat.''
Jasafar, who had been following behind Murat without needing to be led, "braaaaaah"-ed at Morlia warningly and readied a spit wad should the fox-man attempt to attack.

Murat nodded. "Alright then, you're a human. It was just a thought." He glanced down at Cassandra to see what she thought of Morlia's reaction. Certainly, Hassan had grabbed for the hilt of his scimitar already, and taken a step back, should Morlia attempt to attack whoever was closest.

Mori snarled, but continued to walk as the winds picked up slightly.

''He got so defensive, didn't you see that?'' Cass whispered to Murat, frowning. ''But theres no way we could get him to admit hes not a human..''
"I suppose the rune maybe should have given it away. It rarely appears on humans, and when it does, the power often claims their sanity along with their lives." His voice was soft so that Morlia wouldn't overhear too much.

Hassan released the hilt of his sword, and Jasafar calmed down enough to resume chewing his cud.

''Yet he has it and doesn't seem to be insane. Only angry with a bounty..''
"Too sane for his own good," muttered Murat wearily. "At least he's leading us to the Thunderbird temple."

''Yes..But what if it's a trap?'
Murat grimaced. "We've been through worse. Or similar. We don't really have a choice, do we?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus