Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Cassandra (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''Mu...rat!'' Cass yelled again. The bird is hit again, and whips its wing everywhere in a dieing fit. Water was starting to pour out from the hits on it's neck and wings. It screeched ear-splittengly loud, even as it's body started to fall to peices and leak fresh water.
When wetness spilled on him from above, Murat expected blood or something similar. But instead he tasted--water? That couldn't be right! He spat the sandy grit out of his mouth as more water fell around him. He really needed to get some long distance weapons soon, he thought as he floundered in the sand.

At least he knew Cassandra was okay; hearing her voice above the buffeting winds of the dying sand bird. He stayed low, deciding to wait it out before he got flung any further.

After what appeared to be hours the bird finally died. Nothing but soaked sand in the vauge shape of a giant bird-like enteity was left of the sand bird. The sand was soggy, drenched throughly. A stray pool of fish flopped about uselessly in the sand that was wet. Red Snappers? Out of a bird and alive? Odd.
Murat groaned when finally the bird lay silent. And then realized he could hear himself again. The sand settled around him and he felt wet. He floundered out of sand, wincing as sharp pain traveled up the arm he'd been holding the lance with.

He managed to make it to his feet, cradling his arm to his middle, and then looked around for Jasafar and Cassandra. Jas was lying in the sand, though he made his "braaaaaaa" sound indicating he was glad to see Murat.

"You alright, Cassandra?" Murat asked, coming over to look at..."Is that fish?"

Sandra was limp near the fish, fur drenched and soaked throughly. A talon-shaped bruise was over her face, though not bleeding. She appeared to have been knocked out by a hit.
Murat crouched next to Cassandra and looked at her face. "Poor thing." He whistled a sharp call and waited.

Jasafar "braaaaa"-ed again and then stumbled to his feet, bringing Murat his things. "Thanks, Jasafar," he murmured, and retrieved bandaging. "Cass is knocked out, hopefully she'll come around in a bit."

Then he went to Jasafar's hindquarters. "Tahat, Jasafar." The camel lay down, and Murat was quick about pulling out the dagger and stuffing some gauze in its place. Jasafar called out in pain, but quieted shortly after Murat spread some ointment on the bandage. He patted the camel.

"Now my turn." He grimaced as he looked down at his arm. It was broken at the wrist, and his elbow felt dislocated. He stuffed a piece of gauze between his teeth as he wrapped gauze around his wrist and then tightened it to hold. He then popped his elbow back into place. None of this was done quietly--the gauze was simply to keep him from clenching his teeth to tightly.

At last he sighed and leaned up against Jasafar. "Well, we survived," he said shakily.

Cass stirred slowly, coughing out water. ''Mrrr......'' She gacked, and opens an eye, wincing from the bruise. ''Haaack....''
Murat sighed in relief when Cassandra stirred. "You might not want to move much," he said. "You got a pretty bad bruise on your head."

He had his arm in makeshift sling and was propped up against Jasafar who was lying down. He offered a small smile. "Well, at least its dead and left us something to remember it by." He lifted up a roasted fish.

She cringed again, coughing. ''A sand bird that attacks viciously, yet when killed it leaves fish and tons of water...I've never heard of that being what was sealed away.''
Murat shook his head gravely. "No, but it might explain how the desert originated. Such a bird would be worth many cities--if they could be bred and tamed."

He stuck his good hand in some slightly wet sand. "Water is rare enough; to have to slay some creature to get to it... I'd rather take on the cacti. Are you hungry? Because I roasted up plenty of fish."

The pile of fishbones beside Murat indicated he'd had his share--with plenty left over. "Jasafar prefers cud to fish, so he's good." He tossed the fish over to Cassandra, so she could eat it if she wanted to.

Cassandra caught it in her mouth and went to eating it. ''Yet I bet the birds stay hidden until someone stirs up the sand.''
"So in other words, any kind of sandstorm would create more of these...." he went to bury his head into his hands and yelped as he jarred his injured arm.

"I'm not going to be able to take these on by myself. Even Jasafar needs to rest." Murat sighed."And it's going to be a week's travel to get back to the Hidden City to call for help."

''Then we'll just have to rest until it's time to go.''
Murat smiled ruefully. "That's always easier said than done." But he wasn't going to budge; not until Jasafar felt well enough to stand again on his own. He sighed and gazed up at the hard blue sky overhead.

"It is nice to just rest though." He paused and then asked, "Were you on your way anywhere in particular earlier?"

''Just trying to find life here. It's pretty barren, you know. The only life I saw otherwise were vultures and killer bees.''
"Well, now you can add Sand Demon to that list. And myself and Jasafar." The camel reached around to nudge Murat on his good shoulder, and Murat awkwardly reached to pet the camel's nose.

"So, you've been on the move all that time, have you?"

She nodded. ''After I got seperated from my parents I went on the lookout for anyrthing out here. I hate being alone. It's so hot here and dangerous..''
Murat fumbled for a waterskin to drink from. "I agree with you. The desert's no place for a lost soul to be wandering. If you're not careful, you'll wander past an oasis. Although..." He paused to indicate the water around them, "this might turn into one."

''An oasis can only exist in plant life and water. This one would die out because the water would dry up in the heat. I've seen giant animals perish within days of entering here. And most would be found later on as nothing but a mummified thing with a gash upon their neck like something attacked them..''
"True. How have you managed to stay alive then? You've obviously found either oases or some sort of food to keep yourself alive." If they could get to a town, they would find food. "When was the last time you ate?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus