Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Cassandra (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''Are you sure your ok?'' She asked worridely.
"I'll be fine," Murat said. "Once I get back. But until then," he grimaced, "I'm afraid I can't hunt. Water might be okay--if we can find an oasis along the way. I didn't realize that striking a sand bird would be akin to striking a wall."

''Well, it is composed of blocks put tightly together.''
"Ah, I didn't exactly know that at the time. Regardless it still worked. Though next time I should like to save myself the pain of striking it with a lance."

He bent forward slightly to pat Jasafar's neck. The camel flicked his ears happily. "But I'm really glad that Jas didn't freak out. Or you," he added to Cassandra. "You were a great help in the fight."

''Sand lions fear fish.''
"You still fought valiantly," Murat replied.

''We fight stromg to protect who we choose to guard.''
Murat bowed halfway in his saddle at Cassandra. "I am honored then, to have you as my guard."

''Youe knowlegable of my kind.'' She said, smiling a bit.
"Only a little," Murat replied. "There is still very little we know about your kind; though I am learning a lot simply by being with you." He stopped and then looked down. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me."

She chuckled lightly. ''It's fine.'' She replied, purring lightly and trotting about in the soft sand playfully.
Murat watched her and smiled to himself. She seemed so at ease in the desert--the climate that would kill if it had a chance.

Eventually though the sun began to set and the day's heat began to cool off. The animals of the desert would be awakening soon, and Murat shuddered to think that he would be spending the nights unable to defend himself.

"Let's just hope the sand birds sleep at night," he murmured more to himself than anyone else.

A sand bird flies past, along with about 10 more as sand full of eaten snakes and rats rained down.
"What the-" Murat almost fell off Jasafar when he realized what was overhead. He crouched as low as he could over the camel, praying that Jasafar wouldn't panic.

Jasafar grunted when something struck him, before he stopped and planted all four feet in the sand. The camel was done walking; it wanted to rest.

Cass giggled. ''I think he wants to rest.''
"I can't blame him," Murat agreed. "Jasafar, tahat."

The camel settled and folded his long legs beneath him. Closer to the ground, Murat dismounted and sighed, clutching his arm to his side. He was exhausted and not just from the heat.

"Alright, camp and rest. I think...I think I'm just gonna pass out as soon as I'm horizontal." He took a drink of water before looking at Cass. "Did you need water? I have some."

She shook off, and licked the water on her sandy wings, tail twitching. ''Well, the night critters here don't come out unless threatened.''
Murat capped his water skin and then sighed in relief. "That's good to hear. Let's hope the sand birds overhead didn't scare anything."

He settled down next to Jasafar, knowing the desert would get frigid and he would need all the warmth he could get. "We should take turns keeping watch," he began and yawned, "but I think Jasafar will warn us if anything approaches."

Cass nodded, yawning too before she curled up near the two and dozed off.
Murat slept deeply, awakening only when he shifted and bumped his arm. By that time, the sky was lightening and the chilly desert air was beginning to warm up again.

Jasafar had slept well, and he was awake and chewing cud at the moment. Feeling Murat move, he looked at his knight and brought his head around for a scratch.

"Good boy, Jas," Murat murmured, giving him a scratch and then reaching for a water skin.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus