Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Cassandra (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''Eating sand.'' She reploed without smiling. ''I mean, I am a sand lioness...''
Murat's jaw dropped. "You eat the sand?" It honestly hadn't crossed his mind to make that leap. He hastily corked his waterskin again and set it back on Jasafar's saddle.

And then, because he couldn't help it, he added, "Does it have a flavor beyond gritty?"

''To me it tastes like cookies.''
"Cookies. Sand tastes like cookies." He just sat there, staring into the distance, trying to wrap his mind around the fact that sand had flavor. All he knew of it was that it was gritty and got everywhere.

He shook his head. "No wonder you look so good. I'd be consuming sand left and right if that were the case."

''Well, my species had a pretty good internal system to digest it right. Our ancestors weren't, however..''
Murat made a face and shuddered in spite of the heat. "I can't imagine what that would do your body if you couldn't process it. No wait, I think we call it sand-burial. It blocks up everything. Not sure how well it preserves anything though, since no one's in a hurry to dig 'em up again."

''We just got lucky to be able to digest it. Though humans have found our ancestors are scattered in the lands.'' As she spied another sandstprm brewing over a hill, a sand tornado.
Murat turned to see what she was looking at. "Oh, another one? I hope it's not a baby sand bird. I only have two arms...and one's out of commission."

''It's away from here. Heading eastward, it seems. Though those storm tornadoes of sand rarely form in a desert, you know. Sand is harsh to travel. Scorpians could be hiding inside.''
"Scorpions make good eating," Murat countered. "I wouldn't mind having a couple of big ones...even with all the fish." He paused. "So if sand tastes like cookies...does fish taste like fish?"

''Fish taste like metal.''
"And yet you still ate it. You amaze me. So is there anything you can't eat?"

''I can't eat scorpians.''
"Oh, well then, I'll take care of those for you. Deal?" He felt Jasafar shift behind him and he only barely moved out of the way as the camel struggled to its feet.

"Uh, Jas? Where are you going?" The camel ambled away towards one of the small pockets of water, and began to drink. "Oh."

A giant fish lunges out of the sand and jumps over the crowd before disappearing into another pile. Cass freaked out and darted at Murat, getting beside him.
Murat flinched as well, and then laughed. "Well, that's a first. No one is going to believe this though. As a tale, yes, as an actual event, not so much."

He struggled to his feet as Jasafar drank his fill, depleting the entire water puddle he'd found until it evaporated.

It lunges again and lands close to the group. A giant fish colored like sand but with sharp teeth and finned hands. Cass yelped, almost running off.
Murat grabbed the curved scimitar he'd taken to wearing and he drew it now. He prodded the fish with the flat of his blade, curiously. "It's okay, Cassandra, it's just a fish..."

The fish hissed and hopped at him, mouth opened wide.
"Or maybe not," Murat muttered, knocking the flat of his blade against the fish with more force. "I'm surprised you're timid around fish."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sandy travels (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus