Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Kuro Sakuranbo (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Kuro let out a heavy breath through her mouth, she was sure she typed her name on the computer screen but she guessed Dr. Eric forgot. She was calm with the simple tests as they begun to seem to work; at least she though they did. After the next thing was injested into her body. It seemed to have some effect on her but it only made her paws look more like feet and hands. She flinched in surprise at the change.
"Sorry," Eric commented, feeling her flinch. He was so wrapped up in his 'experiment' that he really had forgotten just about everything else--including her name. "Just two more."

He injected the next two syringes right after each other and stepped back. If she was changing so fast, there wouldn't be much time-- He tossed a blanket over her to preserve her dignity for when she did finally change back to human, and then scooped up Tungsten.

"Alright, that should be enough to have changed you back," he said, jotting down notes in a hurried scribble.

Slowly at frist Kuro's from changed from cat to human. It strarted off as just her forelegs changing into human limbs, but soon her whole body changed very quickly. She wrapped the blanket around her body so it covered from her collarbone to her knees. She looked at Dr. Eric and smiled. "Thank you very much, I owe you, Dr. Eric." She had her normal long black hair with it's four red streaks, her two toned eyes, pale skin, and her scars that were somewhat easier to hide in this from.
"Hah! Success!" Eric punched both fists into the air, whooping and earning another nip from Tungsten who didn't enjoy being thrown about like a plushie.

Grinning like a kid who got the latest, most extravagant chemistry set at Christmas, he turned back to point at the kitten-turned-human. "Ku-kuro, right?" The name took a moment to recall. And then he gestured at the pile of clothing. "I'll, uh, let you get dressed first."

He did a little victory dance as he headed deeper into his lab to give Kuro some privacy to change. "I can't believe it worked, Tungsten! I can't believe it! Man, if only I could publish these results..." he trailed off, recalling the warning that Kuro had given him about her so-called "condition". "Damn," he muttered. "There's always a catch."

Kuro nodded when Dr. Eric recalled her name. When he left her so she could change she hurrily changed into her clothing. She though there might be a way where Dr. Eric could pulish his research on this. He would have to not use her name and she would most likely have to dye her hair; which didn't brother her too much. She forgot what month it was, but by the weather it was somewhere in spring time, which was when she was made. "Dr. Eric, what month is it?" She knew the laws of America and she would be a free person if it was March.
Eric glanced at one of the calendars that decorated his lab. It had his handwriting scrawled all over it in notes that meant nothing according to the dates they had been written on.

"Uh good question." He tapped a key on the computer and then pulled up the automatic time-keeper. "It's February 28th...but I think it's a leap year this year. Why?"

He turned back to Kuro and saw she was dressed. He relaxed and lowered Tungsten to the floor; the glowing rat happily scampered over to Kuro to investigate her pockets for food or other prizes.

Kuro was surprised when the rat crawled into her pockets and used one hand to take him out but not by his tail. "I heard in America once someone is eighteen years of age that they are allowed to live on there own. My eighteen birthday is this March thrid." Kuro held the rat in both of her hands so that he would be able to crawl up her arms if he wanted too. "My master wouldn't be allowed to try to take me back into cuosdy so you could be able to publish your research on what just happened without the thought that Wang Sakuranbo wouldn't come after me." She explained the way that if this happened to someone else then the inforamtion is easy to find.
Tungsten scrabbled at the hand that dragged him out of the pocket before settling in Kuro's arms for a moment. His long tail wrapped around her arm to give him balance, before he decided to climb up to her shoulder. His sharp little nails were careful to grab only cloth.

Eric regarded Kuro with a mixture of horror and disbelief. "I-I-I just experimented on a minor?! And a human to boot? I can't just publish these results; not without winding up in jail; or worse, before the Geneva Convention itself!"

He flopped down over his desk with a scowl before muttering, "Yes, in America if you're 18 you're considered an independent; an adult." He glanced up. "So, where are you from, if you're asking me this?" Maybe there was hope after all...

"Japan. Considering what you just said then my master should be in jail since he has tested on me since I was eight years old." Kuro's voice was flat. She looked at the rat on her shoulder and petted it gently. "But I don't know if it would count since I've been to many different countries with my master and his family." She didn't know if her master would go to jail for testing on her all her life up to the age 13 when she left.
Eric's jaw dropped. "He tested on you all that time?" But really, what had he expected? Normal humans didn't just suddenly turn into a cat. Although now he was wondering if it was possible to reverse the effects by warming up someone, adding the reverse enzymes and proteins...

"He should be in jail. I mean, I should be too--I've blown up lots of labs and lost lots of equipment, but somehow whatever I'm working on always turns out in the long run. Somehow..." His gaze travels to Tungsten who rubbed his head against the girl's hand.

"He likes you." He commented. "I think Tungsten is probably the secret to my success actually." If anyone could fail up the ladder to success--it was Dr. Eric Lansing.

"Anyway, if you're from Japan, how did you get all the way to America?"

Kuro shrugged. "Like I said, my master forced me to many differen countries for what he called strenght tests, when really he was just adbusing his power. I was 13 when it was time for my strenght test in America, his wife tried to kill me and I was gone. I've been in this country every since." She petted the rat some more, her face a mask to hide the fact that the 'strenght tests' her master made her do were her having to fight someone to death.
Tungsten hunkered down on Kuro's shoulder, completely at home. His soft glow made Kuro's masked features look slightly eerie.

Unfortunately, true to his scientific nature, Eric had to ask. "So, how strong are you?"

A smriked twitched slightly at the coners of Kuro's mouth. "Strong enough to take down someone twice my size and wieght." She could remember that all the people she fought and killed looked like they could kill her with one knock to the head but they still fell to her death blows. "I don't know if my master ever publish any tests he did on me after my time in Russia" Kuro shruddered when the memory of the time the Russian murder she went up against killed her for a second or two and she then somehow came back and killed him. The pain of death was still fresh in her mind.
Eric put his hands up in surrender. "Well, I'm really glad I'm not your enemy. I wouldn't envy them." It amazed him though that she would be able to take on someone so powerful--and win.

He glanced at the needles on the table still and swept them up. He should sanitize them, but he wanted to keep what little of Kuro's DNA still adhered to them. Unfortunately he didn't have any of her human DNA.

He half-turned back and hesitated briefly. "Um, quick question--and you can say no." He paused and reconsidered. She was a minor, still. And she was human. What was he even thinking about? He sighed. "Never mind." He went to clean the syringes before he could ask to get any of her blood to study it.

Kuro shrugged, she knew about everything that was put into her blood, all from the different animals to humans. She petted the rat again, knowing she'll be leaving soon. She grabbed her dragger and put it in her back pocket, along with her pocket knife in her front pocket. She tried to remember where her camp site was at so that she could collect her things and be on her way to wherever she might end up at next.
"Well, anyway, I suppose you should be getting back to wherever you were. I'll hold off on publishing anything once I make up my mind about whether or not to destroy the notes." He offered half a smile and then tapped his temple. "But everything's right up here. Even if it is cluttered."

Tungsten reluctantly climbed down from Kuro's shoulder. But before he released her completely, he stuffed his nose into the pocket with the pocket knife and then bit the end of it testingly.

Kuro nodded then took her pocket knife away from the rat, usually she would have probly killed him but she guessed he was special to Dr. Eric. "Yeah, before night sets." She turned and walked to the doorway then looked back at Dr. Eric. "Thanks again for the help, if there is anything I can do to repay you just let me know." She turned back to the door and walked out.
Eric nodded, and mumbled under his breath, "Assuming I can find you again." Louder he said: "Take care; pleasure meeting you." He then looked at Tungsten who sat on the table looking at Eric with beady black eyes.

"And what's got you in such a fine mood?"

Tungsten chittered softly before crawling up Eric's sleeve and perching on his shoulder. The bite he'd made on the pocketknife may or may not have transferred his radiation to the handle; making it start to glow...

Kuro noticed that the handle of her pocket knife glowing slightly. It was a light gray glow something that would be noticed in the dark of the night. "Shit." She said a little too lound seeing that now her most loved item might be her down fall.
Eric sighed and pet Tungsten. "Some day you're going to get into trouble, you know that? Or get someone else into trouble." He finished cleaning his needles and put them back into their drawers.

"Alright...I suppose we should head out for lunch, given that I spent all day tracking down a kitten and her clothes." He grinned to himself. Only he would encounter a cat that was human. But he'd been successful at least in turning her back to normal.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus