Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Kuro Sakuranbo (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Kuro flinched at the words neddles but she nodded wearily. She hated having tests done on her but she couldn't protect herself as well as she could in her human as she could in this from. She just praied that there was a way to cover this up as something different. If word got out of her location her master would not hiesate to send whoever and whatever he had too to gain Kuro back into his hands; as if she was his propority. Her ears flaten against her head along with her tail falling the wrap around her side. She knew this was not going to be fun whatsoever.
To be honest, Eric wasn't exactly looking forward to this either. Testing on an animal for a specific purpose was one thing; experimenting for the sake of trying to achieve a random, theoretical result was something else entirely. That she was also supposed to be human, made it trickier in terms of resolving his own set of morals.

He gently pet the kitten, before pausing and picking her up. "I'll do my best to be gentle and careful, but..." unwittingly he echoed her thoughts, "I don't think it's going to be entirely pleasant. If something hurts, let me know--though I'm sure you will. Um, also, if--when--you become human again, will you need clothes?" He always liked to be prepared--and assumed the best of worst case scenarios.

Kuro remembered that she still had a camp in the woods not to far from the town; she only woke up in an alley is because the diease took up her strenght at the time so she stuck with dying in an alley. She thought that the clothes she was wearing before she changed might still be there. She wiggled out of Dr. Eric's hands and jumped to the floor and gestured with her head for him to follow her. She waited for his respounce before she lead him towards the alley.
Not understanding what the kitten had in mind, Eric hesitated. Should he bring the stuff with him? He didn't know where they were going or where they would end up, so he didn't know what to prepare.

"Uh, alright, field trip it is. But we're gonna have to come back here to do the procedure," he said, petting Tungsten absently. He followed the kitten out the door.

Kuro lead Dr. Eric outside and sniffed the air for a second then ran in the direction where the street coner she was at when he found her. She looked around until she spot something that looked the edge of a pair of faded blue jeans in an alley. She sprinted over to the alley, looking over her shoulder to make sure Dr. Eric was behind her. She was correct about where her clothes were. There laying on the ground was a pair of faded blue jeans, a black T-shirt, a gray bra and underwear under the pants and shirt. She walked over to one of the pockets of the pants and pulled out a closed black pocket knife in her mouth. It was the same black pocket knife her older brother gave her.
Eric raised an eyebrow when the kitten led him down an alley where clothing lay. He brightened immediately as he gathered up the clothing. Seeing that the kitten had pulled something from a pocket, he peered at her and it.

"Whatcha got there, kit?" he asked, reaching for the pocket knife. "We should get back to the lab before they lock us out again."

Kuro nodded but did not drop the pocket knife out of her mouth; to most people who didn't know why she treasured it so much it would seem weird, but she didn't care. That pocket knife was the only thing she had of her brother; it was a reminder to her. She was usually protect of it and never used it to kill anyone unless she had too, which was rare since in the right back pocket of her pants was a dragger.
Eric let her keep the pocketknife. "Alright, well, let's head back to the lab. Try not to cut yourself with that." He frowned when he felt a flat, hard, and sharp surface in her clothing. He riffled through it and found a dagger. He glanced at the kitten.

"I don't really want to know," he said, hiding the dagger again--careful not to cut himself or the clothing. But he noted strands of hair embedded in the shirt--it was plenty enough to extract some DNA from. He turned to head back to the lab, glancing over his shoulder to see if the kitten was going to follow.

Kuro rolled her two toned eyes when Dr. Eric cautioned her about be careful ot to cut herself. If she could speak she would probly say about the dragger that she needed some way to keep herself safe. She was following behind him the whole way to the labtory. As soon as they got inside she jumped back up on the table gracefully without knocking anything over and set the pocketknife down on the table gently. Her tail wrapped around her paws.
Dr. Lansing regarded the kitten before him on the lab table, then set the clothing down next to her and went to the thermostat on the wall.

"Alright, well, I'm gonna lower the temperature in the room; hopefully that will help lower your core body temperature as well. Then, if that doesn't do anything, we'll ah take slightly more drastic measures."

He was suddenly thankful for his labcoat and even Tungsten's slight warmth on his shoulder, as he turned on the air-conditioning

Kuro felt the change in the air and shrived slightly, but she remained where she was and did not try to go to her clothes for cover from the cold and for warmth. It did not seem to do anything to change her back to her orgnial from. She still had the same kitten from only that it looked a few months older.
"Fur might be the problem here," Eric murmured half aloud, half to himself. "But short of shaving you down--I don't have an option."

He frowned and then wandered over to a drawer. "I do have some serums that'll achieve the proper result in lowering body temperature, but they're via injection." He hesitated. "As are the human proteins."

Tungsten nibbled at his shirt, and then crawled down his sleeve to the table and scampered over to the kitten. He gingerly reached his nose out to her, whiskers quivering as he glowed nervously.

Kuro flinched when Dr. Eric talked about shaving her, that was not going to be fun, more so probly painful. She looked at the rat that was sniffing at her but she didn't do anything that would seem hostile.
Not getting any reaction from the kitten but seeing that she had more or less put her trust in him, Eric began to ready the materials. He didn't have a razor anyway, so shaving was a moot point. But he did have sterilized needles and the necessary human enzymes, proteins, and serums.

"Do you recall turning into a car or anything else for that matter as being painful? Because I could give you something for pain--but I'd rather wait until everything else takes effect." Too many chemicals would sustain a random effect--he knew that much from his own experimenting.

Tungsten drew back from the kitten, seemingly satisfied that she wasn't going to attack him, and settled down next to her. He was offering what comfort he could, though he warily eyed the gadgets that Eric placed on the table.

Kuro shook her head. This was the only time she ever had changed from her human from, even thought she's faced death before. Her ears flaten against her head as she saw the needles and such that Dr. Eric site on the table.Her tail flaten as well on the talbe. She was glad that he wasn't go the try to shave her since her fur would be her hair in her human from.
Eric deliberated briefly. He could set an IV which would make administering injections much faster, or he could do it individually. He wasn't exactly sure though how long the kitten would hold still for while he poked and prodded, and he didn't want to have to make a mess either. If she pulled out of the IV line, it would make things harder.

"Alright, one more decision. I can set an IV or do separate injections. Meow once for IV, or twice for injections. Just be aware that you shouldn't try to move too much if I set an IV."

To be honest, he still wasn't completely comfortable with this whole business--but he was trying to help her, even if he'd never done this before in his life. He really hoped it work.

Kuro thought about it for a moment. She meowed twice, thinking that it would be better to go ahead and get that part over with and see what would happen. She stuck out her paw and flipped it over to where the underside was showing.
(And suddenly his profile picture became that much more...disconcerting.)

Eric nodded and drew the first syringe of serum. "This'll just lower your body temperature. So when you start getting cold, you'll know it's working." He gently held her paw, wiping the spot with some disinfectant and then injected the contents.

He placed a cottonball over the injection site, holding it for a moment to prevent any bleeding, and waited.

Kuro felt a wave of cold go through her body as whatever Dr. Eric injected into her body. She did feel something else but the cold was overpowering it. Her facal fectures seem to look more human than something that belong to a cat. She didn't have a cat's nose but instead a human nose. She couldn't tell and looked up at Dr. Eric with questioning look.
If he hadn't had the willies before, seeing the cat-like features being replaced with human ones was plenty disturbing enough. He grimaced.

"Alright, well, that answers one question--internal body temperature is a factor..." he paused to jot down a note; a habit inscribed in him since college chemistry. "Only the extremities are affected it seems. So now onto the human proteins and enzymes."

He picked up the second needle and regarded the kitten, er, human warily. "I just realized I never got your name--but I guess there'll be time for proper introductions later." He switched paws to inject this particular serum. "It seems to be working though," he added.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus