Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Kuro Sakuranbo (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Kuro sighed, she didn't know what to do about this dilema. She wouldn't be able to get rid of the knife and she didn't want to ask Dr. Eric if he could help because she already owed him. She guessed the only thing she could do is keep the knife in her backpack at her camp site, if it wasn't already toren apart and everything gone by some thievies. Kuro put her knife in her pocket, hidding it's glow somewhat and walked out of the labtory.
Eric headed down the street for lunch, Tungsten riding on his shoulder, when he spotted Kuro. Tungsten practically leapt from his shoulder and scuttled after her.

"Tungsten! Get back here." Eric called.

Kuro looked over her should to see Tungsten coming towards her. She turned around and knelt down with her hand out for him to climb up her arm. She looked over to see Dr. Eric not to far away. "I guess you like me more than I though." She said to Tungsten as he climbed up her arm.
Eric rubbed his head, embarrassed. "We were just going to grab lunch, actually. Care to join us?" He eyed the traitorous rat with a scowl. He added, slightly hesitant, "And Tungsten has been acting strange since you left."

Tungsten chattered at Eric from Kuro's shoulder, and then nestled up against her neck.

Kuro petted Tungsten and smiled. "Sure, maybe you could help me explain what Tungsten did to my pocket knife." Kuro reached in her pocket and pulled out her black pocket knife that still had gray glow to it. "This happened after he bit it, got any ideas why?"
"Tungsten! I told you to behave." But Eric looked at the pocket knife. "Huh, I think that's a first. I don't recall him ever passing on his glowing effect before. Can I see the pocketknife for a moment?" He held his hand out expectantly.

Kuro handed the knife to Dr. Eric carefully. "Be careful with it, it means alot to me." She cautioned. She rarely used the knife since who gave it to her was close to her and she rather not use it to kill unless it was to save herself.
Eric nodded and looked it over; trying the various blades before shutting it altogether, eyeing the handle of the blade.

"Tungsten did you bite this?" A small dent in the handle could have been anything. "Bad rat!"

Tungsten chattered back at Eric, remaining firmly attached to Kuro's shoulder. Eric sighed. "Well, given how faded the glow is, I'd say that it will probably fade together after a period of time. How long exactly, I'm not sure. This hasn't happened before--that I know of." He glared at the rat, who seemed unfazed by his angry owner.

Kuro took back her knife and put it in her pocket. "I surely hope so, if it doesn't it well be a dead give away at night." She patted the Tungstem's small head gently to calm him down.
"If it helps any, I don't think it's giving off any harmful radiation," Eric offered. "But come on, I'll get you lunch and then we can go our separate ways."

Tungsten calmed down under Kuro's touch and relaxed his grip on her shoulder

Kuro nodded. "Yeah, it is always better to think on a full stomach." She smiled and petted Tungstem.
"Is there anything in particular you like to eat?" He asked. "We've got sandwiches and salads at cafes, a coffeeshop, a full-on restaurant that offers all sorts of goodies, and...a pie place."

Tungsten perched on his hind feet and sniffed the air, before sticking his nose and fine whiskers in Kuro's ear.

Kuro jumped in surprise when Tungstem put his nose in her ear but laughed. "I think Tungstem rather decide." She petted Tungstem. "Okay, now, Tungstem please stop it." She told Tungstem as she patted his head.
Eric sighed and shook his head as Tungsten pulled his head away from Kuro's ear. "That rat needs a serious lecture. Alright, then, follow me."

He led the way to a nearby cafe and nabbed a seat outside where they wouldn't get quite so many hostile glares from having a glowing rat with them.

"So do you have an idea of where you're heading after this?" he asked her.

Kuro shrugged and took a seat at the table Dr. Eric got them.. "Not really, I usually wonder from place to place. I don't know much about America, only that my master is in the state called Tennessee."
"Oh, that's good to know. He's a couple of thousand miles away then. Unless he hops a plane or takes a long drive, we won't hear from him. And if you stay to the southern states, he won't find you at all."

The server came over to take their order, looking rather uncomfortably at the glowing rat.

"I'll have the turkey sandwich," Eric said.

"A salad is fine." She told the waiter. The waiter left and she turned back to what she was talking to about Dr. Eric. "He never does his on dirty work, he sends his failed experiments after me since they can track down scents just as good as I can but they are more merciless than I could ever be." Kuro sighed and pulled Tungstem off her shoulder and on to thhe table. "They are more animal than human so they don't have common sense."
He scrubbed his face as Tungsten clambered over to him and lay next to his plate. "Of course he would have failed experiments to send after you. Are they anything like you? Can they change to human? Or maybe the better question: were they ever human to begin with?"

The server left to get their meals prepared and came back a few minutes later to set them before them.

Kuro shrugged. "Their human, more or less. They have animal characteriscts and some have a tail, horn, claws, and such. They aren't anything like me beside the fact they have more red streaks in their hair and both of their eye are red. The more animal blood Mr. Sakuranbo puts in us the more red our eyes and hair grow." She dabbed some salad dressing on her salad and stired it up some before taking a bite. She swallowed before speaking again. "Tungstem is relaxed compared to the experiments I've fought."
Eric listened, hanging onto her every word, absorbing the new information. "I dare say then that using the same method to turn you back, would do the same to them. It might take longer then."

His eyes flickered to Tungsten when Kuro mentioned him. "Yes, well, Tungsten wasn't exactly normal to begin with. He wasn't even supposed to be involved with the experiment I was doing. But he hitched a ride in my labcoat with me realizing it, and then one thing led to another and he got a massive dose of radiation...and now he glows. His owners didn't want him when they discovered that latter part. I told them it wasn't harmful, but they didn't believe me. He's been with me ever since." He pet Tungsten's head briefly and then offered the rat a bite of turkey; the rat took it eagerly. "He's been helping me with my own experiments ever since."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus