Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Kuro Sakuranbo (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Kuro nodded. "I don't believe there is a way to change my master's failed experiments, they were all made like me. Never fully human to being with. Mr. Sakuranbo infused different types of animal and humans blood into each one of his experiments DNA. It was only luck and strong will that I was the only one to keep their sanity, the others went insane with bloodlust and death to others. For some reason having animal blood in someone's DNA makes it harder to keep their sanity. They won't listen to anything that anyone says." Kuro took another bite of her salad. Her voide was flat and slightly lifeless, since she believed once you have animal blood infused with yours there is no going back.
Eric ate and thought as he chewed. He swallowed his bite and pointed out his own theories. "The difference between humans and animals, is that animals rely more on their instincts. To them, a threat is something to take care of or avoid. Humans try to reason it through, defend themselves, or attack. The so-called 'sanity' you speak of is that of rational thought. When instinct takes over, you don't need rational thought. Your body acts for you. Humans have a share of each; while animals only have instinct.

He paused and then set a piece of cheese before Tungsten. The rat chomped into it. "But not to point out the obvious, animal DNA and human DNA is quite similar. So it's possible that it's not just the animal blood causing the problem, but the experimentation methods taking place which are causing the loss of sanity. I can't imagine being tuned into an, er, animal. That would freak me out." Eric took another bite.

Kuro took a bite of her salad and nodded. She chewed and swallowed it. "Very ture but it is the blood he infuses in our bodys. Felines, mostly, but he has injected the blood of an insane person that is now dead to test out what effect it would have on his, er, test subjects. The result was that it only made the weaker experiments have harder time controling their thinking from right and wrong. Most people say Wang Sakuranbo is a madman for even trying such a risky thing knowing some of us would go insane. Again, I was the lucky one in that experiment, but it did make me question alot of different things." Kuro shrugged and took another bite of her salad.
Eric swallowed with difficulty and let his jaw drop. "You're kidding. He...he doesn't even know what he's dealing with! He's transferring diseases without even knowing it." Eric growled and looked ready to stand out. "If I ever meet that guy, words and probably blows, will be exchanged." His eyes glittered dark in anger.

"I'm not surprised you don't want to go back. I'm surprised you've managed to avoid him as long as you have. Since you only have, what, five days left until your eighteen, find yourself a place to hole up. And if you need anything-" Eric reached into his labcoat to produce a card, "here's my number. Call collect or whatever, I'll pick up."

He looked down to find Tungsten eating his way through the other half of his sandwich and scowled. "You're gonna get fat, Tungsten. Well, fatter."

(Kuro can be just that dumb. XD)
Kuro took the card but was confused. "Uh, Dr. Eric, I know I have been in America for almost five years but I don't really know much about it. All the laws and rules are new to me and I haven't had the time to study any of this." She glanced at Tungstem and agreed with what Dr. Eric said about him getting fat. She bit down on her lower lip, condusion washing over her. "I'm sure that Mr. Sakuranbo fled the country but left his failed science experiments and some of his co-workes to find me."
"It's a big country," Eric said, picking up Tungsten to set him on the ground where he couldn't eat anymore of his sandwich. "America takes days to travel cross country, even in a car. It never hurts to be alert, but I wouldn't assume that these experimental hybrids are lurking around every corner. As for laws, you can always study them at the library and become a citizen here."

He poked at his sandwich and then pulled off the bread where Tungsten had been chewing. The turkey as well as the cheese and lettuce had been eaten through. "Tungsten! That was mine." He glared down at the rat which was running over to hide behind Kuro's legs--and beg food from her by standing on his hind legs and trying to look cute.

Kuro looked over at Dr. Eric about Tungsten with a sly smile. "Sorry, Tungsten but eating too much can be hurtful." She petted Tungsten but didn't give him any food. She turned her attetion back Dr. Eric with her smile gone. "I can try but I might as well say you might want to remove my scent from you and Tungsten since Mr. Sakuranbo has alot of failed experiments, more than twenty. They track me by scent, as far as I know because I will sometimes come back to a place where my scent is strongest and find it nearly destoried." Kuro's face fell remembering some of the places she had actually standed longer than a day at being in ruins.
Discovering that no one was going to feed him, Tungsten climbed up Kuro's pant leg and onto her lap before climbing onto the table. He flopped down, eyeing her salad.

Eric sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure I can come up with anything that would change your scent--and even if I could, animals have uncanny abilities to sniff past that."

He rubbed his hands together, idly rubbing at an acid burn that had long since healed. "Perhaps you can lay a trap for them with your scent. Call animal control. But if they're even a fraction as strong as you say you are...that still might not work."

Kuro sighed. "They are no where as near as strong as I am, but they haven't seen what I have. They know very little since Mr. Sakuranbo likes to only pay attetion to his sucesses, which causes them all to hate me like a cat and mouse." She petted Tungsten and took another bite of her salad. She chewed and swallowed. "As for a trap, it wouldn't work, they know my scent better than anyone, but they don't know anything about my weaknesses. It is sometimes fun to watch their confusion when they are trying to figure out how to kill me in battle." She sighed again.
"Oh, I see." He watched as Tungsten attempted to grab a bit of lettuce, but intervened before he could. He dragged the reluctant rat back over to him.

"If there was a way we could trap the experiments themselves, cages or the like, perhaps that would help. And if you're serious that they'll be following your trail..." A glimmer of excitement brightened his eyes, "I'll be more than happy to interfere."

Kuro thought about it for a momment. "I can easily knock one out where they are calm and easy to handle. Usually they are either my size or at least a foot taller. Whenever one shows up again I can call you up so you can see what you wish. I really don't care about those monsters, to me their all the same." Kuro took another bite of her salad which was almost gone. She chewed it and swallowed. "They usually show when it is dark at night, in hope to catch me asleep or off guard. I had fought one about less a week ago so most likely there's another one coming, can't tell when."
"Hmm," Eric thought for a moment, trying to picture these monsters and failing. "Would they be susceptible to tranquilizers at all or sedatives? I wouldn't mind taking a look at 'em. Maybe do some more reverse engineering as I did you..."

Tungsten shoved his nose into Eric's closed fist blocking him from the plate.

That was something Kuro did not know, but she also didn't know for herself as well. "My best guess would be yes, since it works on both humans and animals, but that is something I truly don't know. I never had to use those kiind of methods on them before along with never having such to do so." Kuro thought about that while finishing her salad. "If they work on me then they'll work on my masters monsters."
"Well, you're both biologically human and animal, and a sedative works just as well on either; tranqs are generally more for animals. I might see if a friend of mine is willing to let me borrow hers. She might have some idea as well about how much, or many, I'll need."

He smiled softly and put his hand on Kuro's. "I'm not afraid of a few animals, Kuro. The real monster is this so-called 'master' that's manipulating things he shouldn't be."

Kuro nodded. "Yeah, he's done worse things than you can imagne." She should know. Kuro was her master's favorite out of all of his experiments, so he forced her to become a known serial killer across the world. Most people would think it impossible for a girl Kuro's age to have been almost around the whole world and have been forced to kill the strongest person in that country. Well, believe it or not that was Kuro's childhood.
Eric finished his meal and then set out some money to cover both.

"Well, if you're worried about them finding you, there are a few places you can hide. It may not be pleasant, but there's my lab. It'll take a while for any animal to get past the security guards and doors. Even if they try to smash down the glass..." he frowned. "Mine's been replaced with bullet-proof, shatter-proof stuff so it won't just come down easily."

"There's also some other methods. My fiancee dabbles with alchemy. She might find something to help as well." He shrugged and then sighed as Tungsten snagged the last bite of turkey from his plate.

Kuro shook her head and stood. "No, it is alright, I have dealt with these experiments for four, almost five years. Only with time does the fear fade, even if slowly." She had grown to know little of fear by hidding and having creatures that belong in a horror moive come after her wherever she might be.
Eric gave her a small smile. "Well, I'm glad to know that you're able to protect yourself. I may do some research on that Sakuranbo scientist of yours, if you don't mind. I'll not try to stir anything up if I can help it." Never mind that this was the guy who regularly blew up labs on a monthly basis.

He stood up as Tungsten scurried over to Kuro for one more pet. "If you need anything, though, you've got my card and number. Just give me a call. Come on, Tungsten."

Kuro petted Tungsten goodbye. "I should warn you that the Sakuranbo research is not limited and not the best thing in the world to see. He recorded everyone of my strenght testsm without even my premission." A chill ran down her spin remembering the blood and pleads for life from the people who fell vicitum to her master's insane and twisted ideas.
Eric hesitated. "I've seen a lot of things in my career, Kuro. Very little of it was pretty. And I would never publish anything that didn't have consent signed with it. I just hope that Sakuranbo will be brought to light and dealt with accordingly. I know that won't exactly solve all your problems, but it's one step closer to giving you one less thing to worry about."

Tungsten leaned into the petting, enjoying every last rub.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat Now (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus